GUILTY OK - OKC cop dad accused of sexually abusing foster kids

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Evidence detailed against Oklahoma City officer accused of sex abuse

Investigators found photos of police Sgt. Maurice Martinez's foster children in various stages of undress, a video of a foster child describing sex acts performed with another foster child, hundreds of photos of homosexual *advertiser censored* and a surveillance camera in a child's room when searching the arrested officer's home in January, according to an affidavit filed Friday.

Martinez, 44, was arrested Jan. 19 on multiple sex abuse complaints. He has not been charged. The affidavit was filed in Oklahoma County District Court to establish probable cause in the Friday arrest of Thomas Frank Salazar, 31, whom police accuse of breaking into Martinez's home overnight Jan. 20 as police took a break from searching it.

Investigators accuse Martinez, who has denied the allegations against him and said police botched the investigation, of sexually abusing one of his adopted sons over about two years, detective Douglas Hurst wrote in the affidavit. The boy, who is 16, told officers Martinez began abusing him when he was 14.
---

much more of this story, plus mug shot, at link above

This case is absolutely appalling and my heart goes out to all the young boys who lived with this man.

However, I think this is an excellent example of just how carefully DHS does choose foster parents...the man was a LEO with a clear background. A pedophile is a sick person who dedicates his/her entire life to accessing the chosen targets. This is why we hear of one doctor, coach, teacher, therapist, Santa, Disney worker and foster parent after another who get arrested. They take horrific risks with these children hoping that the children will not be believed. Unless someone can show me that DHS did not supervise these children appropriately or allowed this man to isolate them with no access to teachers or therapists, I simply cannot point a finger at DHS.

So, yes, the crime is terrible but I don't think that pedophiles are going to stop seeking out work with children any time soon. The blame in this case falls squarely in the lap of the criminal. He pulled the wool over the eyes of many. And it sounds as if he was quite good at controlling those around him. Shame.

From the link in the first post:

"...Martinez was released on bail shortly after he was arrested and remains on paid administrative leave from his job as a patrol officer in south Oklahoma City...."

I have great concerns 1) as to what Martinez is doing during his paid leave and 2) about children encountered during his patrol work.

Could this man have extracted "favors" on the street?

Police officer arrested a second time in molestation case; Taser used in arrest
The Oklahoma City police officer accused of sexually abusing his adopted son was arrested again today in an overnight sting after tips led authorities to the runaway teen in Utah, police said, and officers used a Taser while making the arrest.

Police Sgt. Maurice Martinez was arrested about 1:45 a.m. in a traffic stop at SE 44 and Sooner Road, police Capt. Patrick Stewart said.
---
Lengthy article with video at newsok.com link above

The tips Thursday spurred several interviews by investigators and led them to the boy who first reported the abuse. He was found in Tooele, Utah, Stewart said. Police accuse Martinez of buying the boy a bus ticket to Utah and arranging for him to stay with people Martinez knew.

This man is on a serious power trip and will NOT stop. He's very very dangerous. Thank God that this judge denied bail. Just look what Martinez has been up to since he was released the first time. He's bound and determined to control those young boys and to protect himself.

I'm all but certain that his victims are going to start adding up. I don't think this stopped with the adopted and fostered children.

Charged with kidnapping NOW! They found the one child in Utah but they found another child in his CAR when he was pulled over

http://www.koco.com/r/27559109/detail.html

Authorities told Eyewitness News 5 that a child who had been reported as a runaway was inside Martinez' car when it was pulled over at Southeast 44th Street and Sooner Road at about 1:30 a.m. The child ran away from the scene, police said.

This guy scares me to death. I can't figure out if the children have been taught to run from LE or what. What on earth has he been telling them?

I hope the child in Utah is in a secure place as he's sure to try to run again. I'd hate to see these boys and teens end up on the street. I have to wonder what vulnerability this guy used against them. Do they have some sort of challenge or have they been involved with criminal behavior? A record? Are they gay? Gay children and teens have such a tremendously hard time within the system. I have to wonder just what button this monster pushed to gain control. No matter their orientation, they are going to be terribly confused at this juncture.

Oklahoma is not known within the adoption/foster community to be generous with their kids. Oh, how I hope these boys receive the help they are entitled to. I'm sure the advocacy attorneys are watching this closely.

The "recantations" by the boys are still up on Youtube. The boys identify themselves and I have to say that their videos do seem coached. Bless their hearts.

It sounds to me like M. not only abused the boys, he used the boys later to control the new boys. Which means he probably used a lot of force/reward behaviors when he was grooming the new boys. Then after they were trained and groomed, they had to help control the new boys in order to keep his postive love and attention.

I just cannot wrap my mind around why the news sources and DHS are not attempting to protect the boys' names. This man has cared for over 60 children over the years.

And just an aside. Teen run-aways in foster care is a constant problem--enough so that each child's forms usually spells out exactly how a foster parent is supposed to deal with it. When teens have nothing left to lose, they run. And when they run, they always put themselves in danger. These are the children that traffickers are looking for.

Witness in sex-crime probe against Oklahoma City police officer said he feared for accuser's safety

The newest witness in the sex-crimes investigation of an Oklahoma City police officer came forward because the officer had threatened to kill his accuser, police reported.
---
Police said the new witness once was one of the officer's foster children.
---
The new witness said he traveled to Utah with Martinez this month and saw the teenager who has made accusations against the officer, police reported. He told police he learned Martinez gave the boy $400 and put him on a bus out of Oklahoma City in March to hide with a family in Utah. He told police Martinez and the boy slept together in Utah in a locked bedroom.
---
More at Daily Oklahoman link above.

Oklahoma City police sergeant charged in sexual abuse case
The Oklahoma City police sergeant who was honored last year for selfless dedication to children sexually abused four teenage boys in his care, prosecutors alleged Friday in a 37-count criminal charge.

Maurice A. Martinez, 44, also violently struck one of those boys in the head, prosecutors alleged in the charge. Police reported finding a video of that blow on the officer's computer.
---
In a court affidavit, police reported five boys related how they were physically abused by other boys in the home, but the officer would do nothing. One boy told police he was kicked, punched and “made by the other foster kids to run around naked,” police reported. Another boy said other boys hit him and tied him to a bed.
Lengthy article at Daily Oklahoman link above.

Oh my goodness, the witness is a strong young man. He's also a survivor of Martinez's abuse. It took a whole lot of courage to speak out about a man who's been your father. My hat goes off to him. He knew that this younger boy was in serious danger. No doubt he's suffered similar treatment.

I have to wonder what church we're talking about. There are comments about the victims telling "elders" in the church. Did the elders report the abuse? And the teen was transported to a home in Utah where he was fearful. This is heartbreaking.

How many boys did this horrid guy hurt? This should be a wake up for all those who think they know people. This guy was a respected foster parent and LEO. And now look.

Oh my. Five boys. You have to read the counts carefully as many look similar but there are differences. Five boys got together and decided to ruin a man's reputation, as so many people have alleged. Five? Thirteen years old to seventeen years all and all under the authority of Martinez.

And a number of counts of threatening a witness, obstructing a police officer and possession of child *advertiser censored*.

So can we hear from Martinez's very vocal supporters now? I'm waiting. I truly wish that folks would realize just how much investigative work goes into a case like this.

Mr. Martinez, you bring shame on LEOs and foster and adoptive parents. You were merely satisfying your prurient lust at the expense and pain of very vulnerable children. My heart goes out to those teens and young men tonight.

On a purely practical note, I have to wonder what Martinez told DHS concerning his plan for supervision of the teen boys when he was at work. LEOs often work long hours and foster parents are supposed to arrange for approved respite and in-home child care. Who at DHS was supervising this home and how often? Were the children spoken to privately? Were they in school, in therapy, seen by doctors? I'm not seeing much of a safety net here. It looks far more like a sick "party" house.

Another update on these fine, upstanding guys:

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor...lice-arrested-story,0,7855724.story?track=rss

OKC man arrested for covering up sex crimes

"Another twist in the case of an Oklahoma City police officer accused of committing lewd acts with one of his foster kids. Sergeant Maurice Martinez is being held without bond in the case. Now a second person accused of helping cover up the crime is once again behind bars.

Following his initial arrest in January, Sergeant Martinez posted bond. He then also helped post bond for his alleged accomplice, Thomas Salazar. With Martinez now back behind bars, the bondsmen in the case say they had no choice but to re-arrest Salazar as well...."

and

"When Maurice ended up in jail, it left Thomas without a cosigner and we started looking for him and nothing on his application was true..."

and

"...The case against Salazar has been sent to the DA's office, although charges haven't been filed. Salazar is accused of being an accessory to lewd acts with a child...."

more at link

IIRC, the documents specifically name more than one boy and the child *advertiser censored* will speak volumes. Martinez speaks out about the "false allegations:

http://www.newson6.com/story/14850083/okc-police-officer-accused-of-sexual-abuse-i-am-innoncent

OKC Police Officer Accused Of Molesting Adopted Son: I Am Innocent

"....."I am innocent of all these false allegations," Maurice Martinez said. "I've had over 60 kids in my care over the last 11 years and only one very troubled kid made these claims. I'm being held wrongfully without bond..."

and

"....He's charged with 37 felonies including child *advertiser censored*..."

more at link

The documents name FiVE different children. See Post #14. Hardly, as Martinez describes.

Officer accused of sexually abusing children resigns
---
“Sgt. Martinez maintains that he is innocent of all the charges against him but believes it would be unfair to the citizens to have to pay him his salary until he finally gets his opportunity to prove his innocence in a court of law,” Attorney Pat Crawley said. “Right now he feels frustrated and odd that he is getting paid and he can't do his job.”

Martinez might have lost his job soon anyway. He was involved in an internal police disciplinary process separate from the criminal case against him.
---
more at newsok.com link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie