CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so certain that the Thursday visit from the handyman, PK, was scheduled directly with Ms. Gleave. When he was interviewed, he made it sound as if he'd planned earlier in the week to deliver the gift but that since Ms. Gleave was ill, he took it by on Thursday. He mentioned that his wife did not go as she had to work.

Let me see if I can find one of the early links. Here it is:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/309473--that-s-so-audrey

"...Gleave was a bit of a foodie and loved some particular recipes, including a specific spaghetti sauce and a coffee cake her ex-husband had made many years ago, he said. So for Christmas, Gleave asked for one of these cakes from PK, whose wife, A, is a pastry chef.

Gleave was feeling ill over Christmas, so they arranged to drop the cake off the following Thursday morning. It was with the gift in hand that PK stumbled on the horrific scene...."

more at link

So maybe "arranged" does mean that Ms. Gleave was expecting them and did not call as she'd already been murdered. It could also mean that the young couple arranged to make the cake and drop it off later, without giving her a specific time. It's not totally clear to me. I've seen no mention as to when a call was made from PK to Ms. Gleave or vise versa concerning a later drop off date. Did she tell him directly that she was ill or did he hear that from a friend?

Concerning the visit to the vet's house to pick up dog meds, that's confusing too:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/309093--friends-remember-audrey-gleave

"....“They won’t be euthanized,” [referring to the two dogs] said Gleave’s veterinarian, DC, who knew her for 30 years and last saw her a couple of days before Christmas. Dogs were very important in Gleave’s life, he said. She would visit the graves of former pets at the Ancaster Pet Cemetery every two or three weeks...."

more at link

And:

http://www.ancasternews.com/news/article/227090

"....Veterinarian DC cared for Gleave’s pets for over 30 years. Just days before her death, Gleave visited DC’s home to pick up some medications for her two German Shepherd dogs, Togi and Schatzen..."

more at link

It seems that I remember another slightly conflicting statement made either by or about the vet and when he last saw her but I can't locate that link.

Another thought...the statement above says that she visited the pet cemetery every 2-3 weeks. I wonder if she went that week as she might have been lonely for her pets who had passed.

I've also wondered how she picked up her mail. Did she have a mailbox or did she go to a post office? Has anyone seen a comment as to when she last seemed to open mail?

Has a picture of Scott ever materialized?

I haven't seen any pics of him yet. Nor, has there been any 'new' news about this case.

Am I incorrect here - have you people heard/read anything new regarding this case?

I'm very anxious to learn more about this whole thing. Any new info would be really appreciated.

Thanks.........

I thought his picture was shown once in an earlier posting, but cannot seem to find it now. If I recall correctly -he appeared to be nearly bald,but I am not sure it was his pic...

FWIW.( Although we do not know whether drugs or alcohol, or schizophenia,for that matter,played a role.)
Results: Ten such cases were found. The most frequent diagnoses were those of schizophrenia and alcohol dependence syndrome. A dual diagnosis of both schizophrenia and alcohol dependence was common. A high percentage of the schizophrenia cases had been previously charged with sexual offences and most were non-compliant with prescribed psychotropic medication at the time of the offence.
http://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/6977/
Conclusions: A very small number of people with mental illness may be at increased risk of committing a sexual offence against an elderly person. Further study of such offenders is merited.

This is one account of a horrible attack.This victim survived.
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x54241768/Defendant-s-purported-schizophrenia-focus-of-rape-trial
Much of the testimony Thursday focused on statements Todd allegedly made to her concerning the devil. The defense maintains that Todd is a paranoid schizophrenic who was suffering a delusion when he attacked the woman.

She said he told her during the attack that he had died the previous night, and the devil had taken over his body. She said he also made a statement that the devil could not have her, that she was his and that he was going to save her from the devil. At one point, she said, he took off a belt she was wearing that had a skull and crossbones on it, and told her the belt was “evil.”

I cannot find an online source yet, but the local TV news is reporting "in a scene reminiscent of Audrey Gleave's murder", police are surrounding a house on Jerseyville Road near Lynden this morning. No other details yet. Might just be bad reporting to link it to AG...

Here is the story in the Hamilton paper

Family dog shot and killed in Jerseyville robbery

http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/516775--family-dog-shot-and-killed-in-jerseyville-robbery

JERSEYVILLE Armed bandits shot and killed a family dog during in a home invasion robbery early today.

The dog was shot just after three intruders burst into the rural home on Jerseyville Road Thursday at 12:30 a.m.

The 47-year-old homeowner and other occupants were not injured.

Police say the home was targeted for the robbery.

Investigators say the owner called them at 3 a.m. and told them three armed suspects burst into the home at 12 a.m. and the family dog was shot and killed.

The intruders then fled the home.

Police say it is not known if anything was taken from the home.

Sergeant Terri-Lynn Collings said detectives are speaking with the victims but the preliminary investigation indicates that this was a targeted incident.

She also said investigators do not believe the incident has anything to do with the slaying of Audrey Gleave, 73, in her rural Indian Trail, Ancaster, home Dec. 30. Her body was found in the garage, and her two big German shepherds – Togi and Schatzen – were in the house.

Thanks, Valleyboy... I just came here to post that same article. Seems like the local TV news was just hyping it up by relating it to AG's murder. Still an odd story... broke in at 12:30, homeowner called LE at 3 a.m. - so they were in the house all that time?

Is it just my perception, or has there been NOTHING on the news about AG and the suspect (DLS) for a very long time?

When does DLS go to court again? Why have the police been so silent?

This gives me pause........:innocent:

This was posted April 16, so it may be a slight twist on what was previously posted, but the message it conveys, suggests a connection...
http://www.examiner.com/shih-tzu-in-toronto/robbers-fatally-shoot-family-dog
Although police are not tying the two incidents together, this killing was raised in relation to this current home invasion, which suggest there may be a link between the two. In the Gleave murder, David Laurie Scott, 50, was charged with first-degree murder.

There are major differences in the 2 cases. In this recent case the people lived and the dog was shot. In Audrey's case, she died and her dogs were alive. The only thing similiar is the dogs were all shepards, which are a popular breed. Audrey was knifed, the dog was shot, different weapons.

I have not heard about a trial or anything else about this case, wondering what is going on.

http://twitter.com/#!/EXPSGamble

Charges against the homeless man arrested for the murder of Audrey Gleave have been DROPPED after forensic evidence was reviewed

So, there is no DNA evidence linking him to the murder... but if it's taken this long to determine that, could we assume that they have some DNA evidence for which they've recently received the results? If so, charges are not being dropped just due to a lack of evidence against this man (i.e., no probability of conviction) but because there is proof that he was not the killer, IMO. I find that the reports, thus far, are not clear on that.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/542232--charges-dropped-in-gleave-homicide

Results from forensic tests police believed would solidify the case came in as recently as Thursday. They do not match Scott, who has been in custody since his arrest in Brantford February 10.

and

At the time of the arrest, he said officers had reasonable and probable grounds to lay the charges. This has since changed.

Understanding the fear of neighbourhood residents, Stewart said police are immediately increasing patrols in the area and continue to ask people to be vigilant.

So, this more recent report clarifies that the forensics do not match Scott... and once again, after months of being led to believe that the killer was in custody, people are asked to be vigilant. What about the days & weeks & months that have gone by when, if they listened to LE, area residents weren't vigilant? Based on what has been released, this seems like a case that has suffered from really poor LE work, IMO... I think LE needs to release more info to the public.

I am sure that LE did the best that they could do under the circumstances without the evidence they needed to make a clearcut case.So what everyone must be wondering now is, if not DSL, then who?! Perhaps this brings us back to other unsolved crimes in the area and in the meantime hopefully DLS received decent care and medication for his condition.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/542232--charges-dropped-in-gleave-homicide

"The last time Gleave, described by many as an extremely private person, is known to be alive was the evening of Dec. 27. There is a still-unexplained sexual component to her killing."

“We’re not eliminating anyone (from the investigation),” he said.

I wonder if giving a little more info.concerning the "sexual component", might trigger recognition by the perp's (whoever that might be) present or former partners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth