GUILTY MD - Jayna Murray, 30, found murdered, Bethesda, 11 March 2011

Inspector Gidget

Reaction score
This is a terrible crime... What's so surprising is this is a very upscale area and I cannot imagine someone targeting a store like that. Just because that area is very dense with so many close-in shops, cafes, etc., kwim? They're still searching for video footage and other evidence - I really think (and hope) that someone had to have a caught something on tape.

Here's an earlier article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ed-as-a-fighter/2011/03/13/AB5AADU_story.html

And here's another one:
http://clarendon.patch.com/articles...nesses-expected-to-contribute-to-reward-funds

Why can't I find a good discription of the suspects? This is 5 days out from the crime, 6 foot tall and 5'3 is not enough information! I do not understand what is going on with withholding this kind of information to the public, so they can better protect the women of this community!

Why can't I find a good discription of the suspects? This is 5 days out from the crime, 6 foot tall and 5'3 is not enough information! I do not understand what is going on with withholding this kind of information to the public, so they can better protect the women of this community!

This is very heartbreaking. By all accounts Jayna was an incredible young lady.
You can reference her memorial FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-of-Jayna-Murray/195737860457806?ref=ts

I live very close to where this happened and all we "locals" have read, watched on news etc about a description is what you have stated above. IMO MCPD will be very thorough and keep details close to the vest. I will post if there is some breaking news.

One of the comments below the article says that there was an Apple store in proximity to the yoga store.

I think that probably this commentor is correct in that the perps. were waiting to break into the Apple store.

Then, when the women returned, the perps. saw their opportunity to attack the two women.

I read that too, but my problem with that is that an Apple store should be very well protected (camera's, security systems, major back up system's), not easy to get into! Then the fact that these women were raped, beaten....way to much action, leaving DNA for a burglary! This is not adding up, either very young offenders, or was never going to be a robbery!

I wondered too why Jayna was murdered and I truly believe from all accounts of this remarkable person that she fought the attacker with all she had.Full of life and energy,she was just not going to let this happen.God bless her.I sure hope her co-worker can heal emotionally
from the attack.I can't even imagine the trauma she went through that night

ITA...These perps weren't wearing masks and gloves walking down the street, right?

This case is heartbreaking.

Montgomery County Police say the reward has grown to $142,000. The largest reward ever offered for a murder in Montgomery County.

Although police will not confirm asking anyone for a DNA sample in connection with this case, FOX 5 has learned police have asked for DNA and the clothing of one man who has come to the attention of investigators. FOX 5’s Paul Wagner spoke with the man Wednesday, he says he had nothing to do with the murder and says he voluntarily gave police a sample of his DNA. He says he is cooperating.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/police-still-looking-for-clues-in-lululemon-murder-031611

Wow... watching this on WJLA... they are reporting that the "survivor" beat Jayna to death, and then inflicted her own wounds. How freaking evil!

Wow... watching this on WJLA... they are reporting that the "survivor" beat Jayna to death, and then inflicted her own wounds. How freaking evil!

Not only that...how were they both raped?? Did she use some sort of instrument?? SICK SICK SICK!!! and all of us that had sympathy for her, family, friends, co-workers and public. There are no words. Her family must be so proud.
Jayna was an angel and a rare gem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back