WY WY - Patrick Ghering, 20, Gillette, 19 Oct 1997

doc_j

Reaction score
I strongly believe that this young man is the unidentified boyfriend of Amanda Dawn Gallion, who went missing 6 days earlier from Gillette, WY. LE hasn't come out and confirmed this, and if they are suspecting something criminal, I doubt that they will, but I believe that the whereabouts of this young man hold the key to the whole case. Unfortunately, there is a real lack of (public)information on his case. Hopefully this posting will get the ball rolling on this guy!

I like that age-progression.

Such a strange case...Did Patrick and Amanda take off together? Seems like it. Could he be the one that hurt her and then went into hiding somewhere? Amanda just turned 14 y/o a month before she disappeared (and she had moved to the area only 6 weeks before vanishing), he was a 20 y/o young man.

I was wondering if initially he had concealed her but were both abducted from his car in a twist of bad luck, neither occurrences being related.
His car was found abandoned facing the opposite way, that's strange in itself. I just checked out his last address and that's a pretty isolated area, I wonder exactly where his vehicle was found.

Bumping! Saw his name on an article from last year about Coal Train Carlos (it mentioned missing people from the Gillette area)

Podcast "THE TRAIL WENT COLD EPISODE #75 not a very long story. Did th e police ever disclose the were about of patrick's vehicle on what road was it found on. Very strange if he has family they sure didn't share a lot of info about him. Makes me sad.

I strongly believe that this young man is the unidentified boyfriend of Amanda Dawn Gallion, who went missing 6 days earlier from Gillette, WY. LE hasn't come out and confirmed this, and if they are suspecting something criminal, I doubt that they will, but I believe that the whereabouts of this young man hold the key to the whole case. Unfortunately, there is a real lack of (public)information on his case. Hopefully this posting will get the ball rolling on this guy!
It looks as if your suspicions were on point! ;)

Unsolved Cases - Missing Persons - Homicides - Suspicious Circumstances - Division of Criminal Investigation
Missing Person, October 19, 1997, Campbell County, Wyoming:
Patrick Lee Ghering was last seen in Gillette, Wyoming on October 19, 1997. His fourteen year-old girlfriend, Amanda Gallion, disappeared on October 13, 1997. When questioned about Amanda's disappearance, Ghering said he had last seen her at 7:15 a.m. the day she vanished. Police believed he was concealing her. Six days later, Ghering also disappeared. His vehicle was found abandoned on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong direction. He was never seen again. Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the Gillette Police Department at (307) 682-5155 or the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at (307) 777-7181.

patrick_lee_ghering_1.jpg
patrick_lee_ghering_2.jpg

• Missing Since 10/19/1997
  • Missing From Gillette, Wyoming
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/28/1977 (43)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ghering's right ear is not fully developed. He has a one-inch scar on his right temple. His hair was in a crew cut at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Ghering was last seen in Gillette, Wyoming on October 19, 1997. His fourteen-year-old girlfriend, Amanda Gallion, disappeared on October 13. When questioned about Amanda's disappearance, Ghering said he had last seen her at 7:15 a.m. the day she vanished. Police believed he was concealing her.

Six days later, Ghering also disappeared. His vehicle was found abandoned on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong direction. He was never seen again.

Ghering's Social Security number hasn't been used since his disappearance, and neither has Amanda's, indicating that neither of them have gotten jobs, credit cards or driver's licenses. Although police initially believed the pair ran away together and some agencies still classify Amanda as a runaway, foul play is possible in their disappearances. Their cases remain unsolved.

Investigating Agency

• Campbell County Sheriff's Office 307-682-7271
Source Information

Patrick is a Featured Case for Dec 2017-Jan 2018 on Doe Network: Cases of the Month

4248DMWY - Patrick Lee Ghering
4248DMWY - Patrick Lee Ghering
PGhering1.jpg

Name: Patrick Lee Ghering
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: October 13, 1997
Location Last Seen: Gillette, Campbell County, Wyoming

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 28, 1977
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, crew cut.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He has a one-inch scar on his right temple. His right ear is not fully developed.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Patrick Lee Ghering was last seen in Gillette. He may be in the company of an adult female.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Campbell County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Investigator Kimberly Jones
Agency Phone Number: 307-682-7271

Agency Case Number: 977437

NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: 7508
NCMEC Case Number: 1143733

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC

Admin Notes
Added: 8/12/12; Last Updated: 1/9/16

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7508
Patrick Lee Ghering, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact October 13, 1997
Missing From Gillette, Wyoming
Missing Age 20 Years
Current Age 43 Years
Height 5' 8" (68 Inches)
Weight 150 lbs
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Crew cut