Deposition: Brian Burner

I wish the news stations would post the complete deposition once they aired their story. These 10 pages are still just a tease. Not much news in them, it's pretty much the same story he told LE. Baez really wants to know if Mr. Burner or his son saw any other cars arriving next door when Casey came to borrow that shovel. Unfortunately they did not see Zanny, but it makes me wonder if team Baez is planning on insinuating that Casey had company that day - and who that would be.

There's only one line in this partial transcript where we see Mr. Mason in action. And it's something we have heard many times before.

Mr. Mason starts his direct-examination:
Q. Just to make it easy -- I'm confused, but that happens when you get to be as old as I am.

If the jurors are anything like me, they will get tired of him constantly pointing out what a fossil he is. He pretends he can't hear, doesn't remember, gets confused, is technologically challenged... It might be charming at first, but IMO it gets old really fast. :crazy:

I wish the news stations would post the complete deposition once they aired their story. These 10 pages are still just a tease. Not much news in them, it's pretty much the same story he told LE. Baez really wants to know if Mr. Burner or his son saw any other cars arriving next door when Casey came to borrow that shovel. Unfortunately they did not see Zanny, but it makes me wonder if team Baez is planning on insinuating that Casey had company that day - and who that would be.

There's only one line in this partial transcript where we see Mr. Mason in action. And it's something we have heard many times before.

Q. Just to make it easy -- I'm confused, but that happens when you get to be as old as I am.

If the jurors are anything like me, they will get tired of him constantly pointing out what a fossil he is. He pretends he can't hear, doesn't remember, gets confused, is technologically challenged... It might be charming at first, but IMO it gets old really fast. :crazy:

BBM I rolled my eyes at that one myself. Yes it looks like JB was on the SODDI bandwagon during this depo. Not sure when it was taken?

I had a quick look for you, Strawberry. According to WFTV this depo was taken on June 4th, 2010.

{Sniped}

I can't tell if he's offering this as an excuse or using as a rouge to put people at ease right before he rips into them. I think they could make an hour long documentary just using sound bites of him saying that.

I can't tell if he's offering this as an excuse or using as a rouge to put people at ease right before he rips into them. I think they could make an hour long documentary just using sound bites of him saying that.

Maybe he can't remember that he keeps saying the same thing over and over. Or it's he knows what he's saying and it comparable to "Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly." Put them at ease and then strike. jmo

I also wonder why they are missing. Can the DT hang on to the pages they are still trying to "investigate"?

Since Bryan B lives next door, could he have overheard an argument a time or two?
Also, if the smell was so strong, could it have drifted down his way when the garage door(s) was open?

BBM Interesting his choice of words, IMO. Not "when you are as old as I am" but "when you get to be as old as I am." So when one is as old as he is, do they "get to" feign confusion too?

I also wonder why they are missing. Can the DT hang on to the pages they are still trying to "investigate"?

Since Bryan B lives next door, could he have overheard an argument a time or two?
Also, if the smell was so strong, could it have drifted down his way when the garage door(s) was open?

I think it's just the news station teasing viewers to watch the 11 pm news or to "stay tuned".

After reading the latest Mr Burner depo. Where he retrieved the shovel from his shed.

Since we know Casey couldn't get access to George's shed gas, or Cindy's bank account, is it possible ICA didn't want the shovel at all, but simply a look-see inside His shed for GAS? It seemed quite silly to dump your murdered daughter right around the corner from her house. Did Casey not have enough gas to drive around finding the perfect hiding spot grave? Did Mr Burner 'thwart' her gas stealing idea by locking his shed after fetching his shovel?

She didn't look sweaty or dirty from using a shovel. The shovel looked in almost mint condition from when he loaned it.

Just a thought :)

I like the way he says that he follows the case on the news and doesn't think the As are forthcoming or telling all they know (my words). Oh, and it looks like she was wearing a "jogging bra" when she went over. Yikes!!

Respectfully BBM.
Cant read the depo. Had to reset my whole computer and dont have a pdf reader back on. Damn it!
I wonder if that "jogging bra" was the same black one someone found in the woods with some other items. If I remember correctly, Tony told LE that he saw the clothes on the news and a black dress looked similar to one she was going to wear out one night. I remember this because the black thing in the photo always looked like a sports bra to me. Hmm...borrowed the shovel in the same sports bra that was later tossed (possibly).
I think ICA was very busy that day.:furious:

Heres a link to that thread, Scroll down just a bit to see the top/bra
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3744717"]2008.08.17 Items Found by Searchers in Wooded Area - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

After reading the latest Mr Burner depo. Where he retrieved the shovel from his shed.

Since we know Casey couldn't get access to George's shed gas, or Cindy's bank account, is it possible ICA didn't want the shovel at all, but simply a look-see inside His shed for GAS? It seemed quite silly to dump your murdered daughter right around the corner from her house. Did Casey not have enough gas to drive around finding the perfect hiding spot grave? Did Mr Burner 'thwart' her gas stealing idea by locking his shed after fetching his shovel?

She didn't look sweaty or dirty from using a shovel. The shovel looked in almost mint condition from when he loaned it.

Just a thought :)

That's a good theory! She was casing the joint!:waitasec:

This has got me thinking...what if she wanted to scope out what he could see of the Anthony's backyard from his place?

I'm quite sure if she could have found a way to pin all of this on him, she would have. I'm betting even now Brian Burner is glad all she borrowed from him is a shovel and that it did come back to him in such mint condition. I do want to read his entire depo, but I might not have time, dangit!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back