Plane crash near Southern Calif. airport kills 3

Dark Knight

Reaction score
BARSTOW, Calif. – A small plane plunged into a hillside about 2 1/2 miles from a high desert Southern California city's airport Sunday, killing three people onboard, authorities said.

Witnesses who saw the crash said the plane appeared to suddenly spiral out of the sky and go straight into the side of the hill, said Alan Hamm, who works at Daggett-Barstow Airport about 2 1/2 miles from the crash area.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110320/ap_on_re_us/us_california_plane_crash

Gosh we had a group of 5 die in a crash at Long Beach airport last week. Well known big names in our community aboard. There is one survivor.

2 real tragedies in less than a week.

Gosh we had a group of 5 die in a crash at Long Beach airport last week. Well known big names in our community aboard. There is one survivor.

2 real tragedies in less than a week.

Earlier today it was crazy windy at the beach, wonder if it was the same in the desert and if that had anything to do with it.

Great. I am scared to death to fly, although I do have to do it and usually fare okay with a few or more drinks! My boyfriend has taken a keen, but serious interest in learning to fly. He's taken two introductory flights and now he's signed up for private lessons. Scares me to no end, especially in smaller aircraft.

If happens to read this, I'd like to get your input. Obviously, I'm not going to stop what he wants to do.

We actually had horrible weather here in the high desert - lots of wind and rain. I think it would have been crazy to fly. Barstow is about 40 mins north of us in Hesperia. Not much about it in our local paper since the actual crash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back