GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Swindon woman last seen leaving nightclub
Police are concerned for the safety of a 22-year-old woman who went missing after leaving a Swindon nightclub in the early hours of Saturday.

Sian O'Callaghan, who is from the town, was last seen leaving the Suju club. Nobody has heard from her since.

She is 5ft 3in tall and was last seen wearing a grey dress.

Officers are carrying out searches of a forest near Marlborough, after it was thought a call was made from Ms O'Callaghan's mobile phone from there.
more at BBC link above
---
The search was concentrated on Savernake Forest on the outskirts of Marlborough, Wiltshire, as they believe a call was made from her mobile phone in the area.

There were ‘grave fears’ for her safety, said detectives.
---

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/858623-grave-fears-for-22-year-old-who-vanished-at-club
---
Wiltshire Police confirmed Miss O'Callaghan had been assaulted in the toilets of the Suju club in October 2008, when another woman punched and hit her.

A spokeswoman said: "We are aware of a previous assault, but we are very much focusing on the here and now. It is not a focus of the investigation at the moment."
---

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12799196
---
She has never gone missing before and always kept in close touch with her family, who are said to be extremely worried.
---
Chief Inspector Mike Jones of Wiltshire Police said: ‘For Sian not to return home after a night out and not make any contact with friends or family is not only unusual for her, but is something that she has never done before.

‘Sian doesn’t appear to have any reason in her personal life that would indicate that she might want to leave the area and she is normally an avid Facebook user, but has not used her account since earlier in the day on Friday. Sian’s family are extremely worried about her.’
---

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368135/Fears-grow-young-woman-seen-leaving-nightclub.html

ETA
60 POLICE COMB FOREST IN HUNT FOR CLUBBER SIAN, 22 (Express)

So scary. I hope Sian is found safe and soon.

What a gorgeous girl. How scary that searchers are looking for her in a wooded area, where her phone may have pinged.
I wonder why she left the club? One article stated it appeared she left alone.

Come home Sian....

I wonder did she try to call for help on her phone from this forest area. Her friends say they last saw her talking to a woman and she told them she would see them on the dance floor in 15 minutes. If she was going anywhere willingly, I'm sure she would have informed her friends since they would be waiting in the club for her. I hope she will soon turn up safe and well.

Press conference on ITV news (news @ 1:30pm has started now) shortly to show parents appeal.

MISSING WOMAN: Police search the Lawns
THE hunt for missing 22-year-old Sian O'Callaghan has moved to the Lawns area of Swindon.
---
The entrance to the park is opposite Suji nightclub - the last place Sian was seen in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Officers were also seen searching the drains and bins in the Old Town Co-op car park.
---

More at Swindon Advertiser - which has provided excellent local coverage - link above.

Please find Sian, begs boyfriend
---
Kevin Reape broke down as he told a police press conference in Swindon how worried he was after his 22-year-old girlfriend vanished following a girls' night on Saturday.

He said: "I just want to say how worried we are about Sian, someone out there must know where she is.

"This is a terrible time for all of us and we are hoping for her safe return."
---
more at Sun link above

I note this has stayed mainly in the tabloids and hasn't crossed over to the broadsheets yet. Class differences between this and Yeates case perhaps.

Swindon police are asking businesses in the Old Town area with CCTV cameras to come forward as they continue to search for missing Sian O’Callaghan. The 22 year old was last seen leaving the Suju nightclub in High Street at 2.50am on Saturday. CCTV footage shows her turning left in the direction of Wood Street. She has not been heard from since.
---
A number of business premises in Old Town have CCTV cameras and police are hoping they may hold clues to what happened after Sian after she left Suju.
---
http://swindon-business.net/index.php/2011/03/21/police-ask-old-town-cctv-operators-to-come-forward/

I live down the road from this girl - have friends who know her and I know the forest that her phone pinged from and its big and very creepy - a massive area to search very worrying I am praying shes okay. I go to the club she left and you have a lot of men pulling up to drive you home and not proper taxi's so I suspect she got in one of these - I am not too hopeful but really pray shes okay.

SWNS leads its report with this eye-opening detail:

Police had previously warned that a sex attacker was at large targeting young women on the same streets where Sian O’Callaghan went missing, it emerged yesterday.

Three separate sex attacks in Swindon, Wilts., – in which one woman was raped after being forced into a car – saw the area’s top cop issue urgent safety advice.

Chief Superintendent Paul Howlett urged clubbers to go out in groups and not walk home alone after the women were attacked during nights out in the town.
---

http://swns.com/sex-beast-targeted-women-near-where-sian-ocallaghan-went-missing-211408.html

She was seen on CCTV leaving alone. Why would she ditch her friends and leave? That seems very odd, since she'd already told her friends she'd be right in.

Now I see in post 11, that "a lot of men pulling up to drive you home and not proper taxi's."

So...it seems someone accosted her after she was far enough away from the CCTV.

Who was the woman she was talking to outside?

I'm trying to think of a reason she would ditch her friends and leave alone. Anyone have any ideas?

Police Set Up Mobile Unit

POLICE have set up a temporary police point in Old Town as part of their investigation into missing Sian O'Callaghan.

The unit, based in the Market Square car park, will be a point of contact for anyone who has information on the whereabouts of the missing 22-year-old.

Police will be based in the car park, which is opposite Suji nightclub where she was last seen in the early hours of Saturday morning, all day today and tomorrow.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...WOMAN__Did_you_see_cars_in_Savernake_Forest_/

Her poor boyfriend sounds so distraught. :(

Prayers for Sian.

He really did, I just wanted to give him the biggest hug ever... the poor lad could hardly get his words out, let alone string a sentence together.

On a different note... I'm really struggling to understand how her mobile phone had signal in such a dense forest. I recently stayed at a holiday park in a forest and had absolutely no signal, the signal was in fact so bad that not of the shops, bars etc could use chip and pin machines as these require the same sort of signal! I'm therefore wondering if this particular ping is incorrect? I don't really know how pings work though.

Last known movements of missing Sian O'Callaghan captured on CCTV

---
Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher of Wiltshire Police said he wanted to know how Miss O’Callaghan’s mobile phone came to be in the Savernake Forest area just 32 minutes after she left Suju nightclub, 12 miles away in Swindon.

Detectives estimate it would take between 20 and 25 minutes to drive between the two sites at that time of night.

Miss O’Callaghan’s phone carried on receiving texts and phone calls for the next 12 hours until the battery ran out.
---
Three pictures from CCTV plus a recap of events at Daily Mail link above.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back