2011.03.23 Hearing 8:30AM Eastern CANCELLED - Frye still scheduled for 9:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumbunny

Reaction score
WOW! think this hearing will be by phone again? Wonder what this is about?

thank you to lauriej for supplying this update

03/22/2011 Notice of Hearing 3/23/11 at 8:30 am

WOW! think this hearing will be by phone again? Wonder what this is about?

Maybe this is the emergency protection order for Yuri Melich? If it's at 8:30am that is 5:30 am my time, so I'm going to be missing that one.

What time is the Frye hearing supposed to start?

I guess it could be the motion to vacate, the YM protective motion, or the we want to add the shrink and the SA to the defense list motion.

..maybe judgeP is going to 1st address the protective order on melich as well as the 'motion for leave' on the 2 new witnesses---dr.danziger and ASA lewis--- the defense wants to add?
..prior to Frye starting at 9:00.

03/22/2011 Motion Amended Emergency; for Protective Order
03/22/2011 Motion Clarifying Motion for Leave to File Additional Witnesses

ETA---jinx 'strawberry'..

Phew, I would have been ready for 9:00am if not for your update lauriej :) Thanks kindly!

What time is the Frye hearing supposed to start?

---judgeP's schedule still says 9:00 for 'Frye'.
http://www.ninja9.org/jacsatt/attdocketframe.asp

9th Judicial Circuit
JUDGE BELVIN PERRY, JR. / DIVISION 02

------------------- Schedule for Wednesday, March 23, 2011 -------------------

9:00 am 6 hrs
Case: 48-2008-CF-15606-O-
Motion: FRYE HEARING

STATE OF FLORIDA

LINDA DRANE-BURDICK

vs.

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY

JOSE BAEZ

Murder Docket just updated:

03/22/2011 Notice Cancellation of Hearing 3/23/11 at 8:30 am

Maybe this is the emergency protection order for Yuri Melich? If it's at 8:30am that is 5:30 am my time, so I'm going to be missing that one.

Ditto! Looks like no late night tv watching of "Criminal Minds" :eek:

So, I gather from the revised court start time that Judge P anticipates another epic-length hearing, on a par with if not surpassing Agents of the State? You go, Baez!

From reading the news thread, it appears that Defense wants to add two new wits--Asst State Atty Lewis and psychiatrist Danziger. I don't know if this will be among the matters heard since the filing was Monday and Frye matters seem to be the sole focus.... [EDIT: lol it could be as lauriej says above--early start to deal with newest Defense motions/requests]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6238983&postcount=10"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.03.22 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

(TY, nums24 for the updates :D Huge thanks to lauriej and salvarenga for heads up about the revised starting time.)

Something tells me JB managed to place YM on standby after all....

]Annnnnnnnnnnd, it's canceled. ~HA~

Man, I tell ya, this has got to really be wearing thin on Judge Perry and the states attorney's, IMO.

I know they can handle it, but I mean for crying out loud ~ WHERE does the defense come up with all of this stuff???

They've had HOW many years, and, now all of a sudden, they are flooding and overwhelming the court and the state with all of these motions in what I believe is an attempt to confuse and clutter this.
It's not going to work, but they just keep throwing crap.

And, this last mintute motions, filings at the very last strike of the closing clock, would really tick me off to no end.

It's like they sit around with a magic black 8 ball thing, flip it around a few times, and see what might come up and what they can turn it into.

We all know that this case is going to go down in the records as the most talked about and litigated trial in the entire state of Florida; one which will be talked about in every attorney office for years to come.

I would imagine that the stress and weariness of this is starting to get to the state, it would have to.
But, I think what the defense is doing with flooding the court and the state with all of these motions that they learned from Andrea is only going to go to serve one purpose.

It is going to give the state the DRIVE and DETERMINATION to stick to their guns, and to stick it to the defense.

There is an old saying:
Justice and revenge is sometimes best served cold.
The defense is gonna be sorry that they waived their right to a speedy trial when this is over.
Justice will come, cold or otherwise.

The state will be serving up a big ole platter of both with a nice *snaaaaap* to end it.

My hat is off to these people. Not knowing what the defense is going to hit them with each morning when they get up, and, what the defense is going to file in the last minutes of the work day for them to once again have to dig into with their morning coffee.

Not to mention other pending cases that they have on their books, they still manage to stay ahead of the defense team and their many attempts at throwing wrenches and mucking things up.

]Annnnnnnnnnnd, it's canceled. ~HA~

Darn, I guess JB didn't thwart himself after all. I wonder why YM has to be there tomorrow? I thought these were hearings on scientific evidence? Or do they have to have people say there was definitely a smell there too? I'm confused.

Ditto! Looks like no late night tv watching of "Criminal Minds" :eek:

So, I gather from the revised court start time that Judge P anticipates another epic-length hearing, on a par with if not surpassing Agents of the State? You go, Baez!

From reading the news thread, it appears that Defense wants to add two new wits--Asst State Atty Lewis and psychiatrist Danziger. I don't know if this will be among the matters heard since the filing was Monday and Frye matters seem to be the sole focus.... [EDIT: lol it could be as lauriej says above--early start to deal with newest Defense motions/requests]

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.03.22 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

(TY, nums24 for the updates :D Huge thanks to lauriej and salvarenga for heads up about the revised starting time.)

Sorry for the OT: I LOVE Criminal Minds....my DD and I have marathons as we DVR all episodes!

Man, I tell ya, this has got to really be wearing thin on Judge Perry and the states attorney's, IMO.

I know they can handle it, but I mean for crying out loud ~ WHERE does the defense come up with all of this stuff???

They've had HOW many years, and, now all of a sudden, they are flooding and overwhelming the court and the state with all of these motions in what I believe is an attempt to confuse and clutter this.
It's not going to work, but they just keep throwing crap.

And, this last mintute motions, filings at the very last strike of the closing clock, would really tick me off to no end.

It's like they sit around with a magic black 8 ball thing, flip it around a few times, and see what might come up and what they can turn it into.

We all know that this case is going to go down in the records as the most talked about and litigated trial in the entire state of Florida; one which will be talked about in every attorney office for years to come.

I would imagine that the stress and weariness of this is starting to get to the state, it would have to.
But, I think what the defense is doing with flooding the court and the state with all of these motions that they learned from Andrea is only going to go to serve one purpose.

It is going to give the state the DRIVE and DETERMINATION to stick to their guns, and to stick it to the defense.

There is an old saying:
Justice and revenge is sometimes best served cold.
The defense is gonna be sorry that they waived their right to a speedy trial when this is over.
Justice will come, cold or otherwise.

The state will be serving up a big ole platter of both with a nice *snaaaaap* to end it.

My hat is off to these people. Not knowing what the defense is going to hit them with each morning when they get up, and, what the defense is going to file in the last minutes of the work day for them to once again have to dig into with their morning coffee.

Not to mention other pending cases that they have on their books, they still manage to stay ahead of the defense team and their many attempts at throwing wrenches and mucking things up.

Actually, though, Purple...this is common right before trial. Judge PErry set a schedule, and they are pretty much adhering to it. There will be mucho pretrial motions for him to decide before this gets to the jury.

Somehow I think, perhaps idiotically, that after the jury hears KC at Universal, the call home (gimmie Tony's number!!), 31 days, tattoo, clubbing: that's all it will take to get a conviction. Nothing else is going to matter because there's simply no rational, reasonable explanation for KC's behaviour if she were innocent, imo.

So is there a hearing tomorrow or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member