GUILTY OK - Rosalin Reynolds, 8, stabbed to death, Watonga, 23 March 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Sheriff says man in custody knew Watonga girl who was killed; victim identified

---
WATONGA — The body of Rosalin Reynolds was found by her father in a field behind their apartment building in the 500 block of Leach Street about 5 a.m. today according to Jessica Brown, Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman.

James Daukei Jr., 20, of Watonga, was arrested without incident at 9:48 a.m. on State Highway 8 about 2 ½ miles north of Watonga, according to Watonga Police Chief John Massey.

The victim was acquainted with the suspect, Blaine County Sheriff Rick Ainsworth said. Ainsworth said investigators are interviewing the suspect, the child's family and other witnesses.
---
A man identified by the OSBI as Daukei was with the girl and ran from the scene when confronted by the father and two other men.

Brown said Rosalin's mother woke up early this morning and discovered that her daughter was missing. The family began to search the apartment building, knocking on doors, and the father took a flashlight and went to the nearby field where he found her, Brown said.
---
At the time of his arrest, [Daukei] was out on bond and awaiting trial on a Nov. 17 felony charge of assault with a dangerous weapon, a Nov. 18 misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace and a July 21 misdemeanor charge of resisting an officer and public intoxication.
---
much more, with booking photo, at Daily Oklahoman link above

I simply cannot imagine what the father is going through, having been the one to find the body - what a horrible shock.

I'm glad they have a suspect in custody. Rest in peace, Rosalin.

From above LINK:

Daukei charged at the officers several times but would not leave his property, saying it was Indian Trust Land, the affidavit states. His mother told police they needed to get the people who were selling drugs to him.

Daukei posted a message Friday on his Facebook page stating he was “out of rehab and ready to start my new life,” with the backing of family members.

Re BBM: <<Sarcasm alert>> Yes it is the drug dealers fault that JD is a ! Please arrest them all.

Sorry I am just sick and tired of people not taking responsibility for their own actions or making their kids do the same.

http://www.newsok.com/man-arrested-in-watonga-homicide/multimedia/video/850201605001

Video at Link

agreed. Yes drug dealers should be arrested, but her son made a choice, drug assisted or not, he, a grown arse man, made a choice. Her son is exactly where he belongs, now lets hope they keep him there.

Girl, 8, Found Dead Behind Watonga Apartment (KOCO video)

Man Taken Into Custody For Watonga Girl's Murder
---
Erma said her cousin James Daukei and her children were asleep when she left her apartment early Wednesday morning, but when she came back, she made the gruesome discovery.

"The bathroom was... I looked in there and my toilet was full of blood-- in the toilet, the floor, the walls," Erma said.

Rosalin, or Rosa as her family called her, was Erma's Daughter.

"They said they found my baby in a field, and he was fixin to bury her and he took off," [she] said.
---
more at News9 link above

RIP Rosa, how awful for her own father to discover her :( I'm wondering if he killed her to cover another crime?

Mother of murdered Watonga girl speaks (KFOR video)

Watonga Slaying Suspect's Mother In Disbelief
---
Daukei&#8217;s family said the authorities have the wrong man.

&#8220;He&#8217;s a good artist. He&#8217;s kindhearted, he loves little children. I mean, what more could you ask for in a child,&#8221; said Daukei&#8217;s mother, Pauline Whitetail.

Whitetail said her son is being set up, but she is refusing to give up hope.
---
"They've already accused him of being guilty," she said. "He's been interrogated, interrogated over and over to where he's about to give up."
---

more at KOCO link above

Watonga girl stabbed to death, state medical examiner says

WATONGA — The Watonga girl whose body was found in a field behind her family's apartment building died from a stab wound to the chest, a spokeswoman for the state's medical examiner's office said this morning.
---
The death was ruled a homicide, said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the medical examiner.

Ballard did not release any other details about the autopsy.
---
a bit more, including a picture of Rosalin, at Daily Oklahoman link above

Suspect says dad halted burial of Watonga girl, 8
WATONGA &#8212; A man who confessed to stabbing and killing an 8-year-old Watonga girl was digging a hole in a field to bury her when her father arrived, a state agent reported.
---
The child's body had at least four puncture or incise wounds, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent Martin Solorzano reported in a court affidavit.
---
Ralph Reynolds, the child's father, told investigators he and another man, Frank Skinner, found [James "Icey"] Daukei about 5 a.m. Wednesday lying next to the child in a field behind Grand Prairie Apartments, where the family lives.

Daukei had a shovel which he had used to dig a hole, the agent reported.
---
more at Daily Oklahoman link above

OMG!!!

Daukei chased Reynolds with the shovel, according to the agent, and Skinner ran to call police. Daukei then ran away. He was arrested about 10 a.m. near Watonga.

Per a previous article stating that they have the wrong man, it doesn't sound like they have the wrong man to me!!

And they are all family correct?

Daukei is a cousin of Rosalin's mother and had spent the night with the Reynolds family.

What a nightmare!!

And, what a little beauty she was!

RIP little beauty.

RIP.

As much as I feel for this mother (and I do) - someone needs to help her get a grip. She must be adding so much pain to Rosa's immediate family.

I guess she has forgotten about :

At the time of his arrest, he was out on bond and awaiting trial on a Nov. 17 felony charge of assault with a dangerous weapon, a Nov. 18 misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace and a July 21 misdemeanor charge of resisting an officer and public intoxication.

The felony assault charge was filed against Daukei after police were called to an Oct. 31 fight.

Police reported that after they arrived at the residence, Daukei started walking toward officers holding a three- to four-foot long black pipe. He threatened police and threw the pipe, nearly hitting an officer, according to his arrest warrant affidavit. He then threw the top of a doghouse at the officers and asked his brother to get his dog so he could turn it loose on police.

He was awaiting a trial for Nov 17th. Seems to long. How awful for this family. I can't even imagine thinking you know someone and then this happens. Do people not go on sometype of probation while waiting for trial???

^^ The first article naming him had a FB quote saying he had just returned from rehab. This could have delayed his prosecution (working on a plea).

What bothers me is he had 3 recent violent priors and was walking the streets!

Read Today's new article:

http://www.newsok.com/mom-believes-...article/3553809?custom_click=headlines_widget

First let me say that I am new here... So hi. And on this case I am quite likely biased as I have known Mr. Daukei and his family for a very long time.

According to today's article, the father was there in the tiny apartment where the murder took place. I have been to these aparments and I know that the walls are thin and they are really small. I would like to know how the father slept through the attack. I would also like to know how the other children were not awake. The mother of the victim says in the article that the father was asleep in a chair and that Icey was asleep on the couch when she last checked. But when she discovered the blood, Icey was gone and the father was on the couch. Seems strange to me.

Also in todays article, she states that she was informed by police after the murder that there was a protective order that stated that her husband was not allowed around her or the children. This is clearly not the truth. She filed for the protective order in 2008 according to www.odcr.com (Oklahoma District Court Records). In the minutes of that court case it was mentioned several times that she was required to complete counseling as a result of an order in Domestic Violence Court.

It also mentions that DHS took the children only because the murder occurred in the home. I am a social worker and I work closely with families and I can say that is untrue. There is more to this story. She doesn't have to say what it is, but that is simply not true.

I understand that Icey confessed to this murder. And I think it is likely that he is telling the truth. However, I would like to say that he is no evil monster. He is a 20 year old kid, with serious substance abuse problems, who never really had a chance to start out with.

His mother is not helping his case with all that he's being framed stuff. But understand that none of the people who care about this kid could have possibly seen this coming. He had been violent in the past with a few fights and some run-ins with police, but let me say this: He never gave any indication that this was in his heart. So she is not only dealing with the grief of her son's actions, she feels the need to fight for his life. I can say that nothing that my kids ever do will change the fact that I love them, and I want the best for them.

Just wanted the people in this forum to understand that there is more to this story than is being told. The "more" may not change anything, but it might.

Hi Ishell, and welcome to WebSleuths. Excellent first post, and thanks for linking the new article - I missed it.

HI IShell.. welcome to websleuths... great first post :)

There is a process to go thorugh to be verified as a friend or family member of a person involved in the case.

Till that process is done we have to take what you say as a rumor.

As for your post.. I sympathize with you very much.

But he killed her. I don't care how high or drunk he was he murdered a child. There is no justification in this world for that.
Also no reason to imply the parents knew what was going on.
We live in a 1 story 900 sq foot house with several children plus our pets and things get by me sometimes... I'm also a sound sleeper.

The parents deserve nothing less than our compassion and sympathy

You don't have to take what I say as rumor. I posted the link where you can see that the mother was in court for that protective order over and over for months. Thats not a rumor. Oklahoma District Court Records are posted online for the public to see at www.odcr.com. Type in the fathers name or the mothers and you will see the court minutes.

I just want it known that there might be more to this case than meets the eye. I simply commented on what the mother was saying in our newspaper today, that I found interesting. I'm reserving judgement, just like my previous post said. I commented on the story that she told to the newspaper today. I also provided a link. The only thing that I stated that is not completely verifiable with the links I provided is that he is no evil monster and that nobody could have know that this was going to happen.

You are right about one thing though, there is no excuse for murder. If that is really what happened and he was the only one involved. None of that has been proven yet. And people are calling for his execution, so its important to note if there are inconsitancies or outright lies being told.

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child, so my heart is breaking. She was a beautiful, delightful little child and she deserved to be safe, loved, and protected. Nothing I said was meant justify what happened to this little girl. Just to understand the truth.

I understand if it rubs you the wrong way for me to want to discuss the information being released. I just want to know the truth. If the truth is what everyone seems to be assuming, then my heart really does go out to these parents.

I didn't mean that to sound a unfriendly as I did and I apologize. Again, please know that I am just trying to make a terrible tragedy make some kind of sense. And I know that it never will. I just want to learn the facts, thats all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back