'Baby Jessica' gains access to trust fund

DANG.. I feel old...

Me too, peeples. I feel really bad for her too. I think she's had a tough life from all the media exposure when she was young.

Know what's great? That a trust was set up, for her, when she turned 25. The money was not spent to help the parents, and the parents thought about their girl's future. That, I think, is part of a special story which ended well...

Good deal, Jessica. I'm pleased for you...live well, and live long...

Best-
Herding Cats

:eek:

How did she get that old that fast!

I know, Kimster. She must have gone through a time warp, because otherwise I'm getting old! lol

I found then and now pictures!

18-month-old-Jessica-McClure-rescued-from-well-on-Oct-16-1987.jpeg
Jessica-McClure-today.jpg

http://lifeisreallybeautiful.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jessica-McClure-today.jpg

Also, a sad ending for the rescuers:

McClure’s rescue was credited mostly to paramedic Robert O’Donnell and police officer William Andrew Glasscock Jr., both of whom received tremendous media attention and became heroes. The saddest thing is what happened to these two heroes. In 1995, after eight years of having suffered post-traumatic stress disorder from the ordeal, O’Donnell succumbed to the disorder and committed suicide. In 2004, Glasscock was sentenced to 15 years in prison on charges of sexual exploitation of a child, sexual assault, and improper storage of explosives.

Baby Jessica 30 Years Later: ‘My Life is a Miracle’

http://people.com/human-interest/baby-jessica-30-years-later-my-life-is-a-miracle/

While some have assumed that Jessica became wealthy as an adult, thanks to a trust fund set up by people from all over who watched the rescue unfold, she says much of the $1.2 million in the trust disappeared during a stock market dive in 2008. Much of the remaining funds went toward buying the family’s modest house, which features a large backyard for the kids.

baby-jessica-11.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back