GUILTY TX - James Corley arrested for 16th DWI, Conroe, 2010

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Conroe Man Gets 99 Years for 16th DWI

When a person gets a DWI, most assume it serves as a lesson that perhaps he should not drink and drive. A second DWI might suggest this person should consider counseling for an alcohol addiction. But, when a man gets 16 DWIs, that man goes to prison.

Such is the case for Conroe resident James Steven Corley, who was sentenced to 99 years in prison on Wednesday for the third-degree felony charge of driving while intoxicated, third or more. This was Corley's 16th such conviction

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/03/conroe_man_gets_99_years_for_1.php

Well I hope those drinks were worth it .... I am glad he is off the roadways !

I am assuming this guy didn't still have a license and was just driving anyway?

As an aside,here in CA, if you should happen to kill someone while driving drunk, (after your first DUI), you will be charged with murder.

According to ther article, he was attempting to flee from a burglary and an assault on his girlfriend. I wonder what other crimes this guy committed.

The article doesn't state whether or not he'd been sentenced to prison for any of his prior fifteen DUI convictions. If he wasn't, then the big question is why the heck not.

Amen--
I don't understand why this animal was not locked up before this and the key thrown away? This is beyond acceptable.

Somebody, and everyone there was not doing their job.
Goz

Amen--
I don't understand why this animal was not locked up before this and the key thrown away? This is beyond acceptable.

Somebody, and everyone there was not doing their job.
Goz

I once had a client who had, I beleive, 23 lifetime DUIs (along with various other convictions--he was not, generally speaking, a good guy). However, many/most of those were from years ago, when DUIs were not treated with the seriousness that they are now. I'm going to guess that this is a similar situation.

(My former client is, last time I checked, still in prison for a DUI. I didn't represent him on DUI issues, and frankly, kind of hope he's still there.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back