GA - Cops' I-16 road ruse becomes shortcut to jail

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Hilarious... They put up signs for 'license check ahead' and the folks with stuff to hide got off the first exist ramp... which is what LE had hoped and where the *real* license check was. Good job, LE!

Cops' I-16 road ruse becomes shortcut to jail

...snip...

After all, as 74 of them did over a two-day span, they’d just chauffeured themselves to arrest.
“When you’re had, you’re had,” was how Twiggs sheriff’s Chief Deputy Billy Boney put it. Boney, a veteran highway patrolman, oversaw the ruse that some dubbed “Operation Wrong Exit.”

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/03/27/1502741/when-youre-had-youre-had-how-a.html#ixzz1HuiXvFth

From the above link:

After dark Friday, a late-model Audi eased up to the checkpoint. A man was driving. A woman was riding with him. She had to pee. Then she did. In her seat. Nerves. There was wee-wee in her seat and, wouldn’t you know, weed in her purse.

“Why,” an officer asked, “would you give me consent to search your purse if you knew you had marijuana in it?”

“Oh,” she said.

I will never understand why people agree to searches when they have stuff on them! I don't make it a habit to carry contraband on me, but I still would never agree to a voluntary search :) .

We ain't as dumb as we look.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That is AWESOME!!!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::rocker::rocker:

Did anybody else notice that the photo in the story was credited to JASON VORHEES??????? :eek:

That is A) flippin' hilarious on the part of the cops and B) extremely well-written. I LOVED the part about it being a drive-through version of COPS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back