TN - 7 & 9 yr olds rape toddler, Memphis

LCoastMom

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING
Reaction score
Two boys, ages 7 and 9, have admitted to raping a toddler.

The 2-year-old victim's brother, age 5, saw the two neighborhood boys abusing his sister and told his mother. The boys initially blamed each other but gave similar details about the Aug. 9 crime, which included penetration.

"What happened to this victim is horrible, nobody is minimizing that," Sanders said. "But my client (age 9) has a lot of problems and needs some immediate help.

Juvenile sex crimes, ranging from sexual touching to penetration with injury, increased by 19.5 percent in 2010 compared to the previous year, said Jerry Maness, the director of court services for Juvenile Court.

More than 150 sexual offenses were blamed on minors last year, compared to 128 in 2009, he said.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/mar/26/boys-ages-7-and-9-admit-to-rape-of-toddler/

A Memphis judge is expected to decide today whether to remove two defendants, ages 7 and 9, from their homes for treatment after allegations they raped a toddler.

Shelby County Juvenile Court Magistrate Dan Michael will first hear from state social workers who have evaluated the South Memphis boys and their home situations.

Before today’s hearing, defense attorney Samuel Jones, who represents the 7-year-old, said he will lobby the judge to leave his client in the home.

Prosecutor Chris Lareau said he will ask the judge to place the boys in state custody for treatment, not punishment, for the Aug. 9 incident.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/mar/28/hearing-today-memphis-boys-7-and-9-years-old-charg/

Prayers for all concerned.

I have nothing to say, except that we as a species and a society, have to be doing something wrong. I have no answers, but we simply have to be.

So WHO taught them this behavior? IMO, 7 and 9 yr olds do not decide to have sex with a toddler UNLESS they have experienced the same kind of abuse themselves.

We hear about a lot of crazy stuff on this board, but this one actually made me yell, "WHAT?!" when I read the title. I think I scared the bejeezus out of my dog. And he's almost 16...his heart can't take it. LOL!

On a serious note, this is horrible!!! I agree with katydid. My 6 and (almost) 10 year olds would have no idea about any of this. In fact, the thought of doing that act (penetration, digital or otherwise) would most definitely gross them both out! There is more to this story. And, tragically, this poor 2 year old was caught in the middle of it.

I just realized, it took 7 1/2 months to evaluate these homes and make the decision to remove these kids, or not?! Really??

Why was this handled as a criminal case at all? I dont understand. Thank GOD for 5 year old brother standing up for his little sister...what a brave boy.

But the "perps" are babies too. I would think the defense attorney for the 9 year old is not far off in his assessment....and how about the 7 year old, or is it monkey see monkey do?

These are kids. The same county is charging an 11 year old in adult court for raping a toddler?

I dont get it...children have a different brain. They barely get what is real and what is fantasy. I am at a loss as to why these kids were charged with a criminal offense.

They do need help, and they may need to be removed.

That's what I'm having a hard time understanding, as well. Most jurisdictions don't consider a child to be capable of guilt until they reach the age of atonement, which I thought was 8.

These are kids. The same county is charging an 11 year old in adult court for raping a toddler?

I always wonder if the people who are so willing to charge eleven and twelve year olds as adults would then give them all the rest of the things that are age-restricted. Can they smoke, drink alcohol, drive a car, consent to sex with someone else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back