Casey as "co-counsel" ...good strategy or no?

KC modeling "co-counsel" Good defense move or bad move?

• It's a good defense strategy

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • It's a bad defense strategy

Votes: 266 85.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 33 10.5%

• Total voters

affinity

Reaction score
It's all over the internet, discussions about KC sorting and organizing her own legal files, looking at the computer screen, "conferring" with all defense attorneys, scribbling away like a rabid stenographer, and in general looking and acting for all the world as if she is employed by the defense.

One InSession pundit (I believe) opined about how this was GOOD, that it makes KC look very engaged and aware. Most forum discussions, however, seem to be negative about her new "position".

What is your opinion? Is it a good idea or a bad idea for KC to literally authentically BE part her defense team?

No way! It makes her look cold and uncaring.

I voted bad because I think it makes Casey look more detached. One of the only times Casey looked up during the early March hearings was when George was being asked those torturous questions. She wanted to watch her dad suffer and I believe it made her look extremely cold and cruel.

It is a good thing to keep her busy though. Although they are not able to fully control Casey's behavior, I can only imagine what Casey would be like if she was not kept busy. We've seen a couple of times where she shakes her head in disgust and she even tries to get JB's attention by grabbing at him and slightly smacking him.

Whatever... Casey still can not show the proper emotions at the right time. To have no reaction whatsoever, especially if she were an innocent mother of a murdered child, when they are talking about the decomposing body of your child is very telling. She could care less! And this is a very bad thing for Casey... a good thing for Caylee!

Justice for Caylee!

I think it is a bad idea. She sits there writing, writing, writing and writing some more for hours on end....it just makes her look psychotic. No one else is scribbling their pencils to nubs. Not on the prosecution side and not on the defense side. It's idiotic but if she wasn't doing this she would be bald from stroking her hair repeatedly, so I don't know which is better or worse. JMO.

I'm hoping someone will post a side by side photo, Couey with his crayons and Casey with her Bic. Then ask the defense if they think this is a smart move.

I voted other because I think its a great idea if the defense wants to make sure she is convicted. It makes her look odd for lack of a better word.

With her being so involved, I think they won't be able to claim ineffectiveness of council or that she didn't know what Jose Baez and her defense team were up to, or was unhappy with him!

My guess is the DT has her doing this to keep her busy so she's not making as many facial expressions, OCD grooming, etc. It works, to a certain degree, but they can do nothing about the subconscious 'tells' she had, the most glaring of which (to me) is her constant fussing with her hands. (Out damned spot! Out, I say!) Either that, or her new 'paralegal' role is going to be part of the new mental health tactic...."after all, just LOOK at how detached she is!" :cow:

It's one thing if you can manage to make your client seem interested and engaged in the proceedings. To make it seem like they are taking things seriously and doing everything possible to assist in their own defense.

But that's not what is happening here. There is a subtle line between engaged and what KC is doing when we see her. It is rather clearly a behavior to simply disengage her further from her crimes. It comes across as cold and manipulative. It makes the lay people wonder who is running the show. It will hurt her in the end. (although granted it is still probably better than her simply sitting there and giving the jury her cold sociopath stare.)

To me it seems as if she is pretending... scribble, scribble...refer to tabbed page, look up important information, scribble some more... it reminded me of the days in middle school when you KNEW someone was watching you so you pretended to be totally absorbed in what you were doing; but really you were just going through the motions and writing down jibberish.
:loser::loser::loser:

I really hope the jury sees right through it.

In my opinion it is a horrible strategy, even if they are doing it to keep her occupied. The jury will HATE her - watching her scribble about the what she perceives to be the technical points of her defense all the while showing absolutely no emotion about her dead daughter. It will drive home to the jury that she could care less about Caylee. JMO.

I watched KC sorting through the large file on the K9 and his handler, she was underlining passages and writing supposed salient points of dispute. Somehow that is very chilling, trying to get ones self off on a technicality/point of law when one has been indicted for murdering ones own child.

I think another poster said it well...the jury will think she is bat***** crazy...another role for ICA.:loser:

Considering what a blithering [unusual person] she has been, I am amazed that she can write anything down. It is simply to keep her occupied. The defense, and correctly so, is afraid of her "antics" in that she may smile when she should not, etc. The letters were a shock I am sure. I did notice she had quite a long conversation with the paralegals at the 911 hearings as if she were at a meeting at work and had some free time to talk.

She is soooooooooooooooooooo stupid that I am positive it is to keep her busy - they have enough to worry about in that they have nothing to defend her with.

Anyone who spends almost every waking hour at Walmart spending stolen money is lacking in the brain department.

I think everyone is right. i.e. It may be good and bad. 12 different jurors=possibly 12 different opinions. If I were a juror I would find it more appalling what she Isn't doing. i.e. Acting like an innocent mother who has lost her baby. MOO

let me put it this way.

If I was accused of murdering my baby girl, and I hadn't done it, I would sit at that table and be beside myself with sadness while my lawyers worked on my case.

now, if I was cold-hearted and GUILTY, I would be trying to find any piece of info I could that would get me off on a technicality. write write write, shuffle shuffle shuffle.

methinks KC is doing the latter.

To me it seems as if she is pretending... scribble, scribble...refer to tabbed page, look up important information, scribble some more... it reminded me of the days in middle school when you KNEW someone was watching you so you pretended to be totally absorbed in what you were doing; but really you were just going through the motions and writing down jibberish.
:loser::loser::loser:

I really hope the jury sees right through it.

BBM

I completely agree... What struck me most while watching her do this ... is that it is the same behavior she has always exhibited. Years of pretending to have a job, rattling off about this event or something she was working on at work (would bet ya dollars to donuts that she has work "notes" laying around that she flashed on and off) and then even going to work. This is the true Casey.. the one that is completely comfortable living a lie, keeping herself busy by pretending to get ready for work, packing her work bag, and having to leave somewhere so she can head to "work". Casey's home life was nothing more than a charade... and she is continuing it just as she always has done. She is more than comfortable with this type of behavior, she ENJOYS it.

as always.. just my opinion

pat

Well, we know why the defense team is getting her to "act" as "co-counsel"-however, I think ICA is actually buying into the idea that she is part of the defense team.:waitasec:
In time this role will grow in her mind to the point where I won't be surprised if she tries to jump up to go to sidebar with her "team" or holler "objection" when JA or LDB offends her with their questioning or description of evidence during trial!!:floorlaugh:

BBM

I completely agree... What struck me most while watching her do this ... is that it is the same behavior she has always exhibited. Years of pretending to have a job, rattling off about this event or something she was working on at work (would bet ya dollars to donuts that she has work "notes" laying around that she flashed on and off) and then even going to work. This is the true Casey.. the one that is completely comfortable living a lie, keeping herself busy by pretending to get ready for work, packing her work bag, and having to leave somewhere so she can head to "work". Casey's home life was nothing more than a charade... and she is continuing it just as she always has done. She is more than comfortable with this type of behavior, she ENJOYS it.

as always.. just my opinion

pat

Really good point and I would point that out if I were the prosecutor. Excellent point her sitting there writing and looking over exhibits -.

I am a tad angry since I looked at the picture of Caylee in the trunk outlined and could see her tiny hand and a tiny thumb fingernail. The more you look at the outline, the clearer the outline of the baby becomes and she is such a baby.

I watched KC sorting through the large file on the K9 and his handler, she was underlining passages and writing supposed salient points of dispute. Somehow that is very chilling, trying to get ones self off on a technicality/point of law when one has been indicted for murdering ones own child.

I think you may have pointed out one of the big differences between having a pen and paper and whispering or taking notes and what she is doing. I can see disputing something someone is saying as to what happened, but to be researching case law and technicalities...you're right.

I saw Amanda Knox on the news this morning. She certainly isn't filing and underlining and tabbing.

Oh, I'm sure KC isn't writing, flipping pages, highlighting, etc., to assist in HER defense. This isn't really serious - you know....like she wasn't 7 months pregnant - she only had a little female problem, and...she was an event coordinator at Universal - you all remember - with Lanyard, ID, and an office...and that dreaded Zanny - how dare she steal KC's child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back