Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
JHaynes.jpg

Jon Truscott Haynes

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Boulder, Colorado

Missing Since: July 24, 1981

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'10" -- Weight: 140 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Jon disappeared on or about July 24th, 1981. He was originally from the San Francisco, CA, area, but was last heard from in the area of Boulder, CO when he called his dad in California. From phone records, that call was placed from a 7-11 store in Boulder. He was reported missing by his father on August 10th, 1981.

Jon was relocating to Boulder to attend the University of Colorado. He had driven to the area in a beige 1981 Subaru 2-door, CA license plate #1CPK205, and had picked up a hitchhiker via an acquaintance, en route. This person has been cleared of involvement in the disappearance.

Jon's car was located by a Sheriff's deputy off of a county road near the town of Nederland, in the mountainous western half of Boulder County, on July 26th, 1981. It was unoccupied and, aside from the fact that the windows were down and it was drizzling rain, nothing appeared suspicious. When the deputy returned a few days later, the car was gone. It was subsequently entered into the CCIC/NCIC computer, but it has never been relocated.

The family had Jon declared legally dead in Contra Costa, CA in March, 1983. He remains missing.

Doe Network

NamUs

Charley Project

Leave it to me to bump threads that have been dormant for years, aha.
Anyway, it's a longshot, but this UID found in Ohio kind of reminds me of him. On his Charley Project page there's a side view of Jon that's strikingly similar to this guy.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/341umoh.html

Estimated age: 18-22 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 130 lbs. - Jon was a little larger, but we've seen matches where the hight/weight were off before.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic or a mixture of Hispanic and White. Light reddish-brown, curly hair; green eyes. Olive complexion; high forehead. There were no marks or scars on the body. - Jon had blonde hair and blue-green eyes, so not exact but not completely off either.
Dentals: Dental chart available; no overbite, but both canine (2 front teeth) are considerably longer than the rest his teeth
Clothing: None.
Fingerprints: Available

The nude body of the victim was recovered from a creek on November 17th, 1981 in Fayette County, Ohio.
The victim bore tanning pattern indicative that he had worn bikini style briefs. The tanning pattern that the victim bore was indicative of a warmer climate such as California, Mexico or Arizona. - Jon was from California!

A longshot but the facial features seemed very similar to me.

Leave it to me to bump threads that have been dormant for years, aha.
Anyway, it's a longshot, but this UID found in Ohio kind of reminds me of him. On his Charley Project page there's a side view of Jon that's strikingly similar to this guy.

Estimated age: 18-22 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 130 lbs. - Jon was a little larger, but we've seen matches where the hight/weight were off before.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic or a mixture of Hispanic and White. Light reddish-brown, curly hair; green eyes. Olive complexion; high forehead. There were no marks or scars on the body. - Jon had blonde hair and blue-green eyes, so not exact but not completely off either.
Dentals: Dental chart available; no overbite, but both canine (2 front teeth) are considerably longer than the rest his teeth
Clothing: None.
Fingerprints: Available

The nude body of the victim was recovered from a creek on November 17th, 1981 in Fayette County, Ohio.
The victim bore tanning pattern indicative that he had worn bikini style briefs. The tanning pattern that the victim bore was indicative of a warmer climate such as California, Mexico or Arizona. - Jon was from California!

A longshot but the facial features seemed very similar to me.

There is a resemblance at first sight, do Jon's front teeth appear to be a little longer than usual?

speculation.
https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=258
attachment.php

From the link.
341UMOH.jpg

Sketch of Victim by Wesley Neville

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 119
There is a resemblance at first sight, do Jon's front teeth appear to be a little longer than usual?

speculation.
https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=258
attachment.php

From the link.
341UMOH.jpg

Sketch of Victim by Wesley Neville

I can't tell from the pictures of Jon that are available, and none of his profiles mention this. They might be a little long, but I can't be sure.

Edit: Just realised that the UID's CANINES are longer; I was looking at the incisors. You can't see Jon's canines in the pictures, nor are they visible in the sketch of the UID. Although the Doe Network also says 'two front teeth' so it could've been a typo and they meant the incisors.

Bumping.
Super curious about this UID, even if he doesn't turn out to be Jon. What a brutal way to die.
Hopefully he was already deceased when his chest was cut, wondering if that was done to retrieve the bullets? speculation.
The Victim had suffered two small caliber bullet wounds that had entered the chest and passed through the body. The wounds were then carved open with a knife.

Hopefully he was already deceased when his chest was cut, wondering if that was done to retrieve the bullets? speculation.

I certainly hope so; I wish it was stated whether or not the knife wounds were postmortem.
From how I read his Doe Network page it seemed like the bullets went completely through him (probably exit wounds present) but it could have also been to retrieve the bullets.

JHaynes.jpg

Jon Truscott Haynes

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Boulder, Colorado

Missing Since: July 24, 1981

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'10" -- Weight: 140 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Jon disappeared on or about July 24th, 1981. He was originally from the San Francisco, CA, area, but was last heard from in the area of Boulder, CO when he called his dad in California. From phone records, that call was placed from a 7-11 store in Boulder. He was reported missing by his father on August 10th, 1981.

Jon was relocating to Boulder to attend the University of Colorado. He had driven to the area in a beige 1981 Subaru 2-door, CA license plate #1CPK205, and had picked up a hitchhiker via an acquaintance, en route. This person has been cleared of involvement in the disappearance.

Jon's car was located by a Sheriff's deputy off of a county road near the town of Nederland, in the mountainous western half of Boulder County, on July 26th, 1981. It was unoccupied and, aside from the fact that the windows were down and it was drizzling rain, nothing appeared suspicious. When the deputy returned a few days later, the car was gone. It was subsequently entered into the CCIC/NCIC computer, but it has never been relocated.

The family had Jon declared legally dead in Contra Costa, CA in March, 1983. He remains missing.

Doe Network

NamUs

Charley Project

Using this quote to point out that last sentence.

Would LE even look into this, if Jon was declared dead by his family, in 1983? And I thought it was seven (7) years before you could have a person declared deceased, and not two (2)? Or perhaps that was how it used to be? Coming up on 36 years missing.

posterTitleMissing.png

[h=3]Jon Haynes[/h]
NCMC1158608c1.jpg

• Missing Since
    • Jul 24, 1981
    • Missing From
    • Nederland, CO
    • DOB
    • Dec 21, 1962
    • Age Now
    • Sex
    • Male
    • Race
    • White
    • Hair Color
    • Blonde
    • Eye Color
    • Green
    • Height
    • 5'10"
    • Weight
    • 140 lbs

[h=3]Age Progressed[/h]
NCMC1158608e1.jpg

Jon's photo is shown age progressed to 48 years. He was last known to be traveling in a beige 1981 Subaru hatchback with California license plates 1CPK105. He was last known to be in Nederland, Colorado, and is missing under suspicious circumstances.

• dontHesitate.png
  • ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

• call911.png
  • Boulder County Sheriff's Office (Colorado) 1-303-441-4444

Bumping. It's definitely weird for him to be declared dead after two years- Normally families hold onto hope as long as possible.
I've been away from WS and this thread, but I haven't forgotten about Jon or the UID. Could it be possible to get a thread started for him?

I think it might vary by state as to how soon you can have someone declared dead. I've heard of it being done after as little as a year. In some situations it is done to collect on insurance policies or inheritances, or to clear financial or any other obligations the mp might have had.

Bumping. It's definitely weird for him to be declared dead after two years- Normally families hold onto hope as long as possible.
I've been away from WS and this thread, but I haven't forgotten about Jon or the UID. Could it be possible to get a thread started for him?
rbbm.
Turns out there already is a thread for the uid!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?165604-OH-Fayette-Co-Wht-HispMale-341UMOH-16-25-in-Paint-Creek-Nov-81&styleid=26
[h=2]OH - Fayette Co., Wht/HispMale 341UMOH, 16-25, in Paint Creek, Nov'81[/h]

Additional photos from FB page. There are lots more photos within the posts but not able to save them.

Jon Haynes Memorial Page

Attachments

• C4AC7100-FAEA-40DE-A6B8-6EF3D33E5EC1.jpeg
    C4AC7100-FAEA-40DE-A6B8-6EF3D33E5EC1.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 41
  • CBF2C54E-EBAE-43E2-AE23-FF6373581349.png
    CBF2C54E-EBAE-43E2-AE23-FF6373581349.png
    538 KB · Views: 44
  • 03A79304-E0FD-443E-8527-5CB2F1B98957.png
    03A79304-E0FD-443E-8527-5CB2F1B98957.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 41
  • C03023FA-0C5F-43A4-B285-FEE8A724D947.png