IA IA - Robert Kellar, 20, Muscatine, 12 Feb 1990

velocitygirl

Reaction score
I am knew here so please don't tel me off lol.

This case has really struck with me, do we know where Jason doe had any scars?

That note could of been for someone else? Or he was using an Alias as he didn't wanna get found?

I dunno but this guy looks a lot like Jason.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kellar_robert.html

Sorry if this is posted all wrong :-( i only wanna help.

Very heartbreaking. Sounds like this young man had substantial psychological issues. It sounds like depression and drug abuse were significant aspect of him, I really don’t believe there was foul play involved. Still, family needs to know that he is ok no matter where he is.

Iowa Cold Cases: Robert Lee Kellar

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/robert-kellar/

Article from 2006: http://muscatinejournal.com/news/lo...cle_60fe077f-422f-598f-acb2-c10af7dedc06.html

A son’s disappearance … a family’s pain: Nearly 16 years after Robert Kellar’s family last saw him, the Muscatine resident is still missing

MUSCATINE, Iowa - Robert Lee Kellar always wanted to be a singer in a rock and roll band. He would hitchhike to California, Colorado and Florida, exploring the United States and chasing that dream.

It has been nearly 16 years since his family has seen him. They haven’t forgotten his outgoing personality and contagious smile.

Now, they just wish they knew what has become of him.

Sorry, had forgotten that this article is included in the Iowa Cold Cases link already.

Robert turned 50 years old on 3/24.

I really hope he is still alive somewhere out there. It's been 29 years now already since he went missing.

article from 4/18/2022, nice photos

<< It’s an emptiness – a hole you never can fill.

That’s how Stephanie Huggins describes the 32 years of wondering where her brother is.

Robbie Kellar vanished Feb. 4, 1990, from Muscatine. He was 20. Now, for all these years, Stephanie and the rest of her family continue to wonder: Where is he?

Our crime reporter Linda Cook spoke with Stephanie, who describes her brother as a free spirit.

“As soon as he got out of high school he had started traveling back and forth from California, Colorado, Florida.”

kellar-2.jpg
Robert Kellar (contributed photo)
He dreamed of being in a band, Stephanie said. “He had friends he would hang out with, and they would sing in the basement. But that’s all the further they got.

“He hitchhiked everywhere he went. Didn’t have a wallet, didn’t have identification. He would randomly show up at home every couple of months.”

Then he began having some mental issues when he came home and didn’t recognize family members.

“He got picked up and got put in jail overnight. The net day he got out and just disappeared,” Stephanie said.

His family thought he would come back in a couple of months. But more months went by.

“He just kind of disappeared. It’s been 32 years. He’s been gone longer than we had him,” Stephanie said. “He would be 52.”

“At first I honestly thought he was doing his traveling,” Stephanie said. Now, “We kind of assume something bad happened and he’s no longer alive. We can’t prove it. It’s just a feeling.”

His mother has wondered whether she should have him declared dead. “It’s kind of like this emptiness, this hole that you never get filled,” Stephanie said.

“Birthdays or milestones are the hardest,” she said.

Kellar-3-rotated.jpg
Robert Kellar and his family (contributed photo.)
“He’s never met any of my kids or my sister’s kids. It’s hard,” Stephanie said. “It’s hard to try to describe him. The longer it goes, the less memories you have. They just kind of start to fade.”

Robbie is listed with the Doe Network, and with cold case files. Many years ago, someone from California reached out and said they had run into him at one point.

“He was a free spirit. He was a wild one. He had longer hair than I have. He was always playing with his hair,” she said. “Wild… would try anything. Very friendly. Great smile. All the girls wanted to hang out with him and date him. He was a good guy.”

Stephanie has tried to many measures, event submitting Robbie’s dental records to officials.

“I have a whole folder of everything I’ve tried to do. But you run out of resources … I keep thinking at some point, even if they find a body, or anything like that, maybe they’ll match DNA and maybe we’ll get an answer. And then maybe do something to kind of close that chapter and have peace,” she said.

Kellar-5-rotated.jpg
Robert Kellar (contributed photo.)
She remembers a couple of unusual things about her brother.

“He does have a scar on his face. When he was little he got bit by a dog. Scar on his wrist. No real standout identifying marks that I remember from him being 20.”

“I wonder if he doesn’t have a memory of us … if something happened,” she said.

“I don’t mind talking about him. It’s a grieving process, even though he may still be alive, but he’s gone. It’s different, learning how to enjoy the memories and try to hold on to a little bit of hope that maybe someday you’ll get an answer, but probably not.” >>

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back