2011.03.30 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is called by Pete Kampher. Thank You Willen for finding this. I've changed the link to an MSM source. :)

KRBC TV
‎Jessica Reyes reporting there's a press conference tomorrow in Colorado City related to the Hailey Dunn case. It appears the focus is on the reward -- not necessarily the investigation.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=356576

Not being snarky, just very confused. Isn't tomorrow (Wed.) the 30th of March and the 31st is on Thursday. If it is indeed tomorrow, the 30th, then maybe a correction needs to be made to the thread title.

Fixed it!! Thanks for pointing that out! I meant for it to say 30.

Very interesting.

OT...my DH was through C City today and he told me there were about 4 state trooper vehicles just East of the city.

Oh the things that make me go hmmmmmmmmm.

JMO and MOO and all that jazz!

any locals now what this may be about?
Grnd Jury?
Arrests?
reward?

Oh, how I hope it isn't Pete thats going to be doing the talking... :banghead:

I thought Pete was NOT the official spokesperson? I am so confused...

How very pathetic if there is nothing to report but an increase in the reward. Money talks, maybe. Maybe being isolated behind bars might loosen lips.
Hailey honey...this hurts my heart. They need to find you and bring you home.

Interesting they would issue the radio statement and then increase the reward. They are already having issues with rumors and people being where they were told not to go and friends of suspect and or POI'S.

I doubt it would be wise to increase the reward unless they have an idea of who knows something and would be trying to lure that person.
I give up on trying to figure out this LE's deptments use of the media.

I hope someone asks PK about the radio announcement...and exactly why that was released. Why just an AM radio station in Howard Co no less? Odd. Also, if they are leaning toward HD being trafficked or otherwise...if they can. I've wondered about the reward also, thinking someone in that circle would come forward..."sigh" wish, wish.

Since Blevin's is an interim chief, it's prolly safe to assume too there are some polictics involved behind the scenes. Maybe that's why PK has appointed himself spokesperson. ??

Anyone have the knowledge if it will streamed....and the link? TIA

I've never seen any case with such poor reporting. What happened to tough questions, probing, requests for records and digging? I'm so frustrated with the apathy in the reporting in this case unless, it is spoon fed to them. Let alone getting it right.

Pete Kampher is not LE as the representative of the DA's office made clear. I doubt since this news conference is called by Pete, that we will have any news about the case.

Now, increasing the reward at this time might indicate a desire for a particular person or persons to step forward with what they know. Maybe.

ITA Grandmaj! And look what I found...

3/29/2011

Colorado city manager says since Dunn’s arrest it has been tougher to investigated the girls disappearance. "Once persons have been arrested and have been charged arraigned or bonded once they receive counsel our relationship diminishes," Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer went on to say a press conference is scheduled Wednesday to talk about reward money for information about Hailey Dunn's disappearance.

Interesting that a San Angelo news organization can seem to come up with this...or rather, come "out" with this, since they obviously already know the reason for the conference.

http://conchovalleyhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=113896

3/29/2011

Colorado city manager says since Dunn’s arrest it has been tougher to investigated the girls disappearance. "Once persons have been arrested and have been charged arraigned or bonded once they receive counsel our relationship diminishes," Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer went on to say a press conference is scheduled Wednesday to talk about reward money for information about Hailey Dunn's disappearance.

Interesting that a San Angelo news organization can seem to come up with this...or rather, come "out" with this, since they obviously already know the reason for the conference.

So, the city manager kind of says it all about who they feel are the keys are to the disappearance and the investigation. SA may have counsel, but he's not even the one to be arrested and bonded.

I sure wish that this press conference was/is being held to announce the arrest of the perp(s) whom law enforcement has found to be responsible for the disappearance of this precious child.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that we are going to, instead, be left wondering just how much misinformation we are once again being told by Mr. Kampfer.

What is going on with the child abuse (*advertiser censored*) case? When are arrests going to be made?

What is going on with the investigation into Hailey's disappearance? When are arrests going to be made?

Those are the questions that I want answered at this press conference.

3/29/2011

Well, I certainly can't understand this. It's only been a little over a week since her arrest and they weren't talking to her much before her arrest....IIRC...they didn't call her in to talk of the findings of *advertiser censored*, etc...she called them...so what's tougher now to investigate? And according to him...she's still not a POI. Mixed signals here PK. ????

Texas Daybook
Assignment Desks, Editors: The following events are for planning purposes. Listing does not indicate AP coverage. Scheduled events are subject to change. Contact numbers are not for publication. Wednesday, March 30: COLORADO CITY — Press release and conference related to the Hailey Dunn Case. 11:00 a.m. 180 West 3rd Street. ...
Updated: 5:01 a.m. Wednesday, March 30, 2011

http://www.newstalkradiowhio.com

I find it quite interesting. First LE comes out and talks about being very careful when searching for Hailey. Now they want to talk about the reward?

Are they taking cues from the Caylee Anthony case? Roy Kronk rec'd 5,000 (which he no doubt had to pay on legal bills thanks to Baez).

I just wonder if the searchers are close to finding Hailey and LE wants to be concise in how the reward will be distributed.

One can only hope --

Mel

I sure wish that this press conference was/is being held to announce the arrest of the perp(s) whom law enforcement has found to be responsible for the disappearance of this precious child.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that we are going to, instead, be left wondering just how much misinformation we are once again being told by Mr. Kampfer.

What is going on with the child abuse (*advertiser censored*) case? When are arrests going to be made?

What is going on with the investigation into Hailey's disappearance? When are arrests going to be made?

Those are the questions that I want answered at this press conference.

Earlier yesterday morning I had what I call the encie, encies. Just a nervous wreck and beside myself and you don't why....I kept myself pretty busy and walked around talking to the cats all day. :crazy: I thought there might be a break in HD's case coming......I certainly hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater