Tikburo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but have been following this case since the very beginning. I honestly do not know what to believe anymore. The evidence against the Ramseys - especially Patsy - is overwhelming, but when I listen to the 911 recording I start to have doubts. On the recording Patsy sounds genuinely upset. It really sounds like someone who just got up and found a ransom note - not like someone who sat down and actually wrote it. I've always had my suspicions about her, but I have now started to think about the intruder theory.

What if there was someone still in the house when Patsy made the 911 call? The ramson note did state that JonBenét would be killed if the police were called. Maybe the guy had been in the house for hours (writing the note, etc.) and was taking his time down in the basement - believing the family would not be getting up for a couple more hours. Then he heard Patsy making the call and carried out his threat of killing JonBenét in stead of taking her with him.

As far as I know the exact time of death is not known. If she was killed around 6 in the morning (after Patsy's call) and was only found at 1 that afternoon, wouldn't that be enough time for the body to go into rigor mortis? That gives 7 hours. I'm not sure, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea if it would even be possible for anyone down in the basement to hear a phone conversation taking place inside the house. Was the phone call made on the first floor?

And then there is still the nagging question as to why Patsy called 911 in the first place when the ransom note clearly said the police should not be contacted. If my child had been kidnapped, there is no way in the world that I would do the very thing I was instructed not to do. Either she didn't read the whole note (as she later claimed) or she knew there was no kidnapping.

Also, in the book Death Of A Little princess by Carlton Smith on p.66 he says about the ransom note: "there were the references to John's naval career at SBTC". I thought that was interesting since everyone is still to this day trying to figure out what SBTC stands for. According to Carlton Smith it stands for Subic Bay Training Centre.

Hi Tikburo--
Welcome. I disagree that the evidence against Patsy is overwhelming, however, I commend you for having an open mind about this case. While I refuse to discuss this case on this forum due to my feelings and opinions, I would welcome a private message from you should you ever wish to have a conversation about it.
Take care--
Karen

AuntieKaren said:
Hi Tikburo--
Welcome. I disagree that the evidence against Patsy is overwhelming, however, I commend you for having an open mind about this case. While I refuse to discuss this case on this forum due to my feelings and opinions, I would welcome a private message from you should you ever wish to have a conversation about it.
Take care--
Karen

Welcome to the forum Tikburo, I agree with parts of your opinion. I am a fence sitter...

Karen, why want you discuss with us? We all have different ideas about the case.

Do you fear Flaming? We all try to be civil, emphasis on trying :)

Tressa

Welcome tikburo. I feel exactly as you do about Patsy. However, I think that if I were in that situation, no matter that the note said not to call police I would. Ransom notes "always" say not to call the police. Of course, having not been in that situation, I can't say for sure.

Auntie Karen, I would love to hear your views on this case. I'm a major fence sitter whose view is changed almost daily by different things I read here and there. If you don't want to write it out here for all to see, please PM me and I'd love to talk with you. I love this case. I think a one on one conversation may be easier to hold since many times although one is not flamed, the thread gets way off track and the point you were trying to make gets lost.

This case never falls to amaze me.After all these years we have people from England and now South Africa with an interest in this case.Who would have known back in 1996 this much interest would still be alive. Welcome All. :clap:

I might be wrong, I am a lot. But I don't think Karen is worried about flaming. I think it is the moderators if I remember what happened to her correctly. If it is the same person.
If it is I am glad to see you hung in there Karen, and please give us your thoughts. We will all stand behind each other when we need to.
Besides, we don't have a moderator right now! lol.

Kat
IMO

PS
WELCOME TIKBURO!!! I look forward to your thoughts and opinions! Jump right in!

Let's be very good, because the Polit. Pavilion is shut down, no telling for how long, because of members flaming each other. I'm usually there.

I bought the tabloid this weekend that says the FBI suspects Helgoth, if you can ever believe anything they report. They showed a picture of a small hand gun, and Helgoth when he must have been much younger, but said in the article that he killed himself with a shotgun. Taking it with a big grain of Kosher Sea Salt.

Eagle1 said:
Let's be very good, because the Polit. Pavilion is shut down, no telling for how long, because of members flaming each other. I'm usually there.

I bought the tabloid this weekend that says the FBI suspects Helgoth, if you can ever believe anything they report. They showed a picture of a small hand gun, and Helgoth when he must have been much younger, but said in the article that he killed himself with a shotgun. Taking it with a big grain of Kosher Sea Salt.

The tabs are at it again, I guess a lull, maybe this week when the "passions of the bush" comes out they will back off of tired news.
There may be something here I don't understand, but what skin evidence can be found after 8 yrs in the grave?
IMO

sissi said:
There may be something here I don't understand, but what skin evidence can be found after 8 yrs in the grave?

Sissi,

I doubt if any skin evidence can be found after 8 years in the grave.

Under normal circumstances, putrefaction is usually complete after 5 years in the grave for a child and after 10 years in the grave for an adult.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back