Insurance Money

SheBoss

Reaction score
Hello, All!

I'm a newbie to posting on this case, although I've been lurking here a while. You all have said repeatedly to "Read the Transcripts", so that's what I've been doing.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not. I did a search, but couldn't come up with anything...

Does it seem strange that the Routiers were turned down for a $5000.00 loan just days before "an intruder" came in their house and killed not one but 2 little boys who were insured for $5000.00 each? I would think that since the boys were buried in the same coffin, placed in the same plot, and had a double funeral, the cost of burying both would be the same as one - around $5000.00 (if a mortician in my area is correct). That would leave them with $5000.00 left over from the insurance money - coincidentally, the amount they wanted, but couldn't get. And that doesn't count any funds given to them to help with funeral expenses and the like because of the heinous nature of the crime.

Just wanted to check with you all and see if I'm barking up the wrong tree or if I could be on to something here.

Thanks!

Hello, All!

I'm a newbie to posting on this case, although I've been lurking here a while. You all have said repeatedly to "Read the Transcripts", so that's what I've been doing.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned or not. I did a search, but couldn't come up with anything...

Does it seem strange that the Routiers were turned down for a $5000.00 loan just days before "an intruder" came in their house and killed not one but 2 little boys who were insured for $5000.00 each? I would think that since the boys were buried in the same coffin, placed in the same plot, and had a double funeral, the cost of burying both would be the same as one - around $5000.00 (if a mortician in my area is correct). That would leave them with $5000.00 left over from the insurance money - coincidentally, the amount they wanted, but couldn't get. And that doesn't count any funds given to them to help with funeral expenses and the like because of the heinous nature of the crime.

Just wanted to check with you all and see if I'm barking up the wrong tree or if I could be on to something here.

Thanks!

It's a very good theory IMO. Darin was desperate to get that money for Darlie. I believe it's one of the triggers that caused her to snap that night.

i think the funeral cost a lot more than $5000, something like $13,000 but I don't think she was thinking funeral costs at all that night.

Thanks for answering, Cami!

If that's the case, I think they got screwed. Again, I talked to 7 different mortuaries and they tell me this: 1) it's not unusual to bury 2 people in 1 casket (which I thought it was), 2) NONE of the people I talked with had ever heard of a funeral home charging for services of children (not a law, just out of courtesy; and this is 12 different states, one being Texas), 3) the only thing that would be charged is the materials ie. casket and flowers. They don't even charge for digging the grave. So in their opinion, 2 children buried in the same casket could definately have been buried for $5000 or less back in 95/96.

I'm certain you've done your research and come across the $13,000.00, so I have no doubt that's correct, but it seems very excessive to my friends in the know. Something else that doesn't add up, maybe?

If I recall correctly it cost about 13,000 to bury them and because of my own experiences with my friend and her little girl that passed away that seems about right for that area.

Im new to posting on this case also but i not read the transcripts yet . I have however many times now seen i dont know which tv show it is i dont think its a big one like dateline or 48 hours maybe forensic files i cant recall but i am sure u are familliar what iam getting at is unless there was some new dramatic evidence the tv show i have seen like 5 times now is really really convincing on her being the actuall killer i know and hear alot about if she really did it but i seem to recall the blood evidence overly convincing was it not what am i missing that makes such a dispute about weather she did it or not .

Im new to posting on this case also but i not read the transcripts yet . I have however many times now seen i dont know which tv show it is i dont think its a big one like dateline or 48 hours maybe forensic files i cant recall but i am sure u are familliar what iam getting at is unless there was some new dramatic evidence the tv show i have seen like 5 times now is really really convincing on her being the actuall killer i know and hear alot about if she really did it but i seem to recall the blood evidence overly convincing was it not what am i missing that makes such a dispute about weather she did it or not .

Oh the blood evidence is quite convincing. It proves noone but Darlie committed this crime.

If I recall correctly it cost about 13,000 to bury them and because of my own experiences with my friend and her little girl that passed away that seems about right for that area.

Yeah that's what I thought Aw, it's the area hence the cost.

I think that show you are talking about is Medical Detectives, where they explain the blood. It's only a very good understanding of the blood evidence that led me to believe in her guilt

well ya me too there were a few other things too something about the vacume and no footprints outside but the big one was that her blood was found under the pieces of glass i think thats how it was proving that she broke the glass after she was bleeding or something to that affect i just know it was pretty clear she had done it like overwelming evidence too..so iam a little confuzed when i hear that there is alot of people that now say she didn't do it .

I think it was Medical Detectives.

The blood on her nightshirt with both kids blood on it is what sealed the deal for me. I was trying really hard to believe there was no way in the world Darlie did it but the blood splatter on the night shirt and also going back and listening to the 911 tape after reading the transcripts and a few books I am almost positive she did it.

When I first listended to the 911 tape I thought she sounded a little strange to the effect of trying to make herself sound more frantic than she really was. If you really listen to her speak she is very composed considering she was witnessing two of her children bleeding to death.

After all the reading I have done on this case now and going back to listen to the 911 call I can tell she was really trying to sound frantic more than her emotions were causing her to be frantic.

The other thing that has bothered me about this case is the look on her face when she was being arrested and the way she said "I'm innocent" while looking into the camera. She just radiates guilt in the instant if you watch her face. I saw the video on youtube and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Thanks for answering, Cami!

If that's the case, I think they got screwed. Again, I talked to 7 different mortuaries and they tell me this: 1) it's not unusual to bury 2 people in 1 casket (which I thought it was), 2) NONE of the people I talked with had ever heard of a funeral home charging for services of children (not a law, just out of courtesy; and this is 12 different states, one being Texas), 3) the only thing that would be charged is the materials ie. casket and flowers. They don't even charge for digging the grave. So in their opinion, 2 children buried in the same casket could definately have been buried for $5000 or less back in 95/96.

I'm certain you've done your research and come across the $13,000.00, so I have no doubt that's correct, but it seems very excessive to my friends in the know. Something else that doesn't add up, maybe?

13K? Goodnight! My mum was buried in 2006 for around 7K and she had a beautiful funeral. I think back in 95/96, 5K sounds about right.

MOO

Mel

I think it was Medical Detectives.

The blood on her nightshirt with both kids blood on it is what sealed the deal for me. I was trying really hard to believe there was no way in the world Darlie did it but the blood splatter on the night shirt and also going back and listening to the 911 tape after reading the transcripts and a few books I am almost positive she did it.

When I first listended to the 911 tape I thought she sounded a little strange to the effect of trying to make herself sound more frantic than she really was. If you really listen to her speak she is very composed considering she was witnessing two of her children bleeding to death.

After all the reading I have done on this case now and going back to listen to the 911 call I can tell she was really trying to sound frantic more than her emotions were causing her to be frantic.

The other thing that has bothered me about this case is the look on her face when she was being arrested and the way she said "I'm innocent" while looking into the camera. She just radiates guilt in the instant if you watch her face. I saw the video on youtube and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

ITA, especially when she is walking through the Sally Port and she flings at an interviewer "I'm innocent" Made her sound even more guilty.

I would add the screen fibre and debris on the bread knife are the real smoking guns in this case.

I too was a little stunned by the 911 call until I heard her say very coherently and very angrily "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin." I find her very angry on that 911 call and whiny.

13K? Goodnight! My mum was buried in 2006 for around 7K and she had a beautiful funeral. I think back in 95/96, 5K sounds about right.

MOO

Mel

My mum was too in 2006. She already had the plot paid for as my Dad was in it so that's why we only paid around 7K for her funeral.

I think the children had to be buried in an adult sized casket since they are together.

Regardless, they say that's what they paid and no one has refuted that so we have to accept it.

There's not that many who believe she is innocent...just her supporters and her family. She did it.

There's not that many who believe she is innocent...just her supporters and her family. She did it.

I would like to know what makes people think that Darlie didn't committ this crime? I'm not trying to be degrading to anyone or insult anyones opinion but I just want to know what makes anyone think she didn't do it after reviewing the evidence. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back