GUILTY TX - Barron Boyd for child *advertiser censored*, Colorado City, 2007

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
Could this child *advertiser censored* case be related to the investigation into the child *advertiser censored* in the Hailey case?

http://dallas.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel09/dl032009d.htm

LUBBOCK, TX—Barron Lynn Boyd, Jr., 31, of Colorado City, Texas, was sentenced this morning by U.S. District Judge Sam R. Cummings to 10 years in prison following his guilty plea in December to possessing child *advertiser censored*. Judge Cummings also ordered that Boyd serve a 25 year term of supervised release and register as a sex offender. Boyd, who has been on bond, was taken into custody following the hearing.

In documents filed in court, Boyd admitted that he used the peer-to-peer software, “Limewire,” and various Internet searches, to download and save to his computer images of children engaged in sexually explicit conduct. On October 7, 2007, at the request of a friend, Boyd burned a CD containing child *advertiser censored* and gave it to this friend.

Boyd also downloaded adult *advertiser censored* in addition to the child *advertiser censored* he collected. He admitted destroying his collection of child *advertiser censored* in February 2007.

More at link.

Could this child *advertiser censored* case be related to the investigation into the child *advertiser censored* in the Hailey case?

LUBBOCK, TX—Barron Lynn Boyd, Jr., 31, of Colorado City, Texas, was sentenced this morning by U.S. District Judge Sam R. Cummings to 10 years in prison following his guilty plea in December to possessing child *advertiser censored*. Judge Cummings also ordered that Boyd serve a 25 year term of supervised release and register as a sex offender. Boyd, who has been on bond, was taken into custody following the hearing.

In documents filed in court, Boyd admitted that he used the peer-to-peer software, “Limewire,” and various Internet searches, to download and save to his computer images of children engaged in sexually explicit conduct. On October 7, 2007, at the request of a friend, Boyd burned a CD containing child *advertiser censored* and gave it to this friend.

Boyd also downloaded adult *advertiser censored* in addition to the child *advertiser censored* he collected. He admitted destroying his collection of child *advertiser censored* in February 2007.

More at link.

I was wondering if this man lived in CCity at the time of his arrest and by this old article it seems as if he did.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/sep/19/six-men-indicted-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/

I would think since this case went to court and the investigation reached it's logical conclusion that during this investigation if SA or other CCity individuals had been brought to light they would have been included in the arrests at that time in 2007. JMO.

Makes you wonder about this doesn't it?

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...o-searchers-kbst-am-1490-radio-march-24-2011/

Rumors of non-authorized searches on private property, damage to private property, and personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously.

It does. And if you follow up with the tweets and other social media, it's a bit alarming.
I would think there's no chance that federal law enforcement is NOT involved at this point.

This strange statement was made by a search coordinator when the child *advertiser censored* issue came up. Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=346916

snipped:

Searcher Stephanie Boyd said although she's disturbed by the findings, she believes it has little to do with Hailey's case.

"Most people that are into stuff like that...they're more into it for the pleasure than actually doing any physical harm," she said.

hmmmm.....It seems like 6 men were indicted at the same time. I wonder if they were all connected?

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...icted-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/

Six Big Country men have yet to be arrested after being indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury on child *advertiser censored* charges.

Makes you wonder if the searcher and Barron Boyd are somehow related.

This strange statement was made by a search coordinator when the child *advertiser censored* issue came up. Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=346916

snipped:

Searcher Stephanie Boyd said although she's disturbed by the findings, she believes it has little to do with Hailey's case.

"Most people that are into stuff like that...they're more into it for the pleasure than actually doing any physical harm," she said.

I found that an odd statement at the time.

When a child is missing, and there is an ongoing criminal investigation, and *advertiser censored* is found in the childs' residence; I think most investigators would consider the possibility that it may have something to do with the missing child. And I would also think that searchers would then realize the relevance of items of interest they may discover while searching.

JMO, but here's an example: let's say I were called out on a missing child, and LE told me that the parents were alcoholics, and there were 10 empty bottles of vodka and a half dozen bottles of beer laying around the home that the child disappeared from.

I'd be paying close attention to any bottles tossed alongside the road along a possible route of travel, because the possibilty would exist that they could be VERY relevant given the circumstances.

yes teh they were connected....It was a small ring that was busted at the time, does not mean it stopped there imo....

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2008/Sep/19/six-men-indicted-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/

also notice how long it took to prosecute.... alot to link and put together...jmo

yes teh they were connected....It was a small ring that was busted at the time, does not mean it stopped there imo....

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2008/Sep/19/six-men-indicted-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/

from gypsy's link:

According to documents in the U.S. District Court's Northern Division of Texas, the men are: Danny Randell Lott, 46, of Abilene; Jason Alan Seyffert, 31, of Merkel; Dennis Ray Hagan, 40, of Eastland; Trey Dustin Taylor, 22, of Cisco; Barron Lynn Boyd Jr., 30, of Colorado City; and Rory Dale Worthan, 43, of Big Spring.

Are we allowed to sleuth to find out if any of these men named in the article are connected/related to SA?

I remember reading last year that one of them is now in prison for escape and assault of a woman during that escape.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

The above is the rule on SO. Now if the SO lives in the area yes you can sleuth but you may not harass anyone.

Many have asked if they can mention the searcher by the same last name. If someone can find a direct link to the woman by the same last name, you may discuss it. This woman inserted herself into the case. No don't do background checks on her etc., but using people search(as long as it is unpaid and everyone can see it is allowed. Her comments in the news are open game and there are many. But let's try to establish a relationship first. This rule goes for anyone that inserts themself into the case. If you have particular questions in this regard Kimster, Salem, Imamaze; Daisy7; and WhyaDuck? are the moderators in the forum along with me. Drop us a line.

More at link.
His sister is one of the search leaders (local). I have to wonder if he was sentenced , why the hold up on SA ?
Unless LE wants the bigger fish on SA ! IMO

Thank you grandmaj for that reminder that no one should harass anyone. Let's be bigger than that, and utilze the legal and law enforcement contacts that are available. This is one of them:

https://www.thecjportal.org/ICAC/Pages/TaskForceContactInfo.aspx

These cases do seem to take a lot of time to prosecute, but they inevitably begin somewhere- and there's usually a time stamp.
I feel the need to say if anyone feels there might be a child endangered by the types of activities being discussed in Hailey's case- please call or email your regional task force and report it.

Wonder if investigators have made a recent visit to the new residences of those convicted?

His sister is one of the search leaders (local). I have to wonder if he was sentenced , why the hold up on SA ?
Unless LE wants the bigger fish on SA ! IMO

So are you saying Stephanie Boyd is his sister (the Boyd that was charged and sentenced)?

TIA

Let me say this. Stephanie is not her brother's keeper. But, her words she does own.

What part of exploiting, harming, endangering and emotionally scarring for life little children and teens does she not get is harming a child. This she owns!

She has no business searching for Hailey IMO with this stuff hanging out there. She appears to condone it. What else has she publicly said? And who is she supporting in this case? It sure looks like Shawn to me. Sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back