2011.04.01 Hearing of Scientific Evidence, Furton for the Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woe.be.gone

Reaction score
Ken Furton is a Chemistry professor at FIU.
Furton works on the chemistry of decomposition smells.
Furton is testifying to his research about the specific chemicals in decompostion.

HJP is not happy. He admonished the court; folks you all don't understand the subtleties of trial practice. From now on, if you have a document that you're going to have a witness refer to it, please have a copy for your opponent and a copy for the court. Those are things that so called 'good trial lawyers' will do. If you don't have that and you don't have those to provide during the trial, don't use them.

Continuing, Furton refers to 'my expert witness report' in which he refers to an article of non human . . .

If anyone can listen to Furton's testimony and draw any conclusions from it, please let the rest of us know. :banghead:

Oh my gosh, HJP is rubbing his stomach using big circles while he is saying, Okay it is quite evident that both sides couldn't agree on whether it's day or night (big tummy rubs) even though it's clearly distinguishable by most ordinary human beings. Ah, I will permit the State if they feel it necessary to present any additional testimony that they need to present since there are two diametrical interpretations . . . my concern at this time is an appellet record, said HJP. . . State can rebut using additional witnesses.

JA is po'd and states the following about the Defense ~ 'This is what we wrote but this is not what we meant. We didn't really mean what we said. Stupid you, you trusted us.' JA is objecting that JB keeps going off subject speaking to things that aren't in KF's deposition.

I thought we were supposed to break the hearings down into relevant sections - I'm listening to the hearing later in the day and can't find where the testimony of Ken Fenton was/is being discussed. :waitasec:

It is in both the AM & PM hearing threads, Woe. He was on the stand almost all day. I will try to link the a little later. My internet is dragging sloooowly right now. They are here on the front page. AM thread is read only now.

eta: I think we have a thread on him here. Will search and bump when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni