GUILTY CA - Briele Johnson, 18, found strangled in suitcase, Ontario, 21 Sept 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
RANCHO CUCAMONGA - Mark Edward Thomas denied killing his 18-year-old girlfriend to police, but admitted to stuffing her body in a suitcase and hauling it from one Ontario motel to another, according to police reports. Although detectives found pictures suggesting Thomas may have severely choked 18-year-old Briele Johnson in the past, he steadfastly denied ever harming her, and said he packed her body in the suitcase because he wanted to care for her corpse, according to the documents.

He told police he found Johnson unconscious and "cared for her that night, called her his baby and wanted to care for the body, so he put it in the suitcase and eventually got a ride to the Motel 6 in Ontario,' according to police reports.

Thomas, 23, pleaded not guilty on Friday to murder, robbery and assault with a deadly weapon in West Valley Superior Court.

Police arrested him Tuesday night at the Motel 6 at 1560 E. Fourth St. after a woman reported he stabbed her and stole her purse. When officers entered his room they found Johnson's naked body curled up inside the large, light brown suitcase. Her body showed signs of strangulation, according to police reports.

Thomas appeared for his arraignment in West Valley Superior Court on Friday wearing an orange jail jumpsuit and shackles. He stayed quiet during most of the hearing, speaking only once to tell Judge John Pacheco he couldn't afford to hire a lawyer.

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2425601,00.html

So when you stumble upon your loved ones dead body youre not supposed to put it in a suitcase,tell no one and flee??? :confused:

I don't need a magic 8 ball to me this guy is guilty!! :doh:

messiecake said:
So when you stumble upon your loved ones dead body youre not supposed to put it in a suitcase,tell no one and flee??? :confused:

Shocking that they find this suspicious, isn't it ???

lisag said:
Obviously another case of 'rush to judgment' that poor guy :rolleyes:

You know that the defense will plead innocence by reason of insanity. This guy sounds like Jeffrey Daumer and some of the other severely demented serial killers of the past.
"... I don't know why I killed you,
for our love was something fine,
And until they come to get me,
I will hold your hand in mine." - from a song by Tom Lehr

He wasn't having sex with her body or eating it. He just carried it with him so no one would find her dead. I think he's just your average murderer.

Jeana (DP) said:
He wasn't having sex with her body or eating it. He just carried it with him so no one would find her dead. I think he's just your average murderer.
Another great visual from you DP :D thats twice in one day :dance:

lisag said:
Probably has mom and dad in matching cases in the storage unit at home....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back