GUILTY Australia - Cassandra Johnson for child sexual abuse, Sydney, 2011

forthelost

I hear the angels call my name and I am Winterborn
Reaction score
Website
www.forthelost.org
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/teachers-...iet-says-mother-of-victim-20110324-1c8lu.html

THE MOTHER of an 11-year-old boy who was sexually abused by a house mistress says she was told by her son's exclusive school to keep the matter quiet.
The school, which cannot be named for legal reasons, also failed to organise counselling for the young victims or offer their families meaningful support, the woman told the Herald outside the Sydney District Court yesterday.
Cassandra Leigh Johnson, 42, was sentenced to at least five years' jail for having oral sex and sexual intercourse with six boys, who were aged 11 or 12, over a five-month period in 2009.

I am not understanding why the school cannot be named

I'm always so darned shocked at how quickly many schools try to distance themselves from a perp, even if there have been years of complaints. Shameful. Surely, an investigative reporter can write a good piece on this case. Let's hope.

Those poor little boys. So confusing.

From the link above:

"....''I cut him off and said, 'Don't be silly. Women don't do things like that; women aren't paedophiles,''' she [the mother] said.

''And then later on he said, 'I tried to tell you mum but you wouldn't listen.''

Oh, that cuts me to the core. Children try so hard to tell us (sometimes verbally and sometimes through acting out) but we don't always hear. My guess is that mother will never get over that guilt.

"....''I cut him off and said, 'Don't be silly. Women don't do things like that; women aren't paedophiles,''' she [the mother] said.

''And then later on he said, 'I tried to tell you mum but you wouldn't listen.''

That is heart wrenching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back