Reef Balls ~ you can sleep with the fishes forever

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
As if shooting a loved one's ashes into space or pressing them into artificial diamonds were not sufficiently offbeat, relatives of the deceased now can have their ashes mixed into concrete to help form ocean habitats.

A Georgia company has placed about 200 of the concrete cones, called "reef balls," in the ocean, mostly along the Gulf Coast. Last week, it interred cones filled with the ashes of several people about seven miles off the shore as part of the Great Egg Reef.

Don Brawley, an accomplished diver, came up with the idea of turning artificial reefs into memorials, and founded Eternal Reefs with George Frankel in 2001.

"Most states with reef programs buy artificial reefs," Frankel said. "We like to think that we're buying public reef balls with private money."

Burying a loved one's ashes in a reef ball can cost $1,000 to $5,000. Decatur, Ga.-based Eternal Reefs also has two models for pets, for $400 and $500.

Full Story

Yeah, I would rather tell people that my husband was a diamond than a reef ball. Just sounds better!

LOL Some husbands are reef balls in life!! LOL I think I'd rather be a diamond or a firework!! :chicken:

If a man was a crappy husband maybe he deserves to be underwater and beaten by mother nature for all of eternity :)

MysteryMomma said:
If a man was a crappy husband maybe he deserves to be underwater and beaten by mother nature for all of eternity :)

That's true, but at least if he's a diamond, he would finally be doing something good for you. And you would always have the option of pawning him if you need some cash! hee hee :D

Ike said:
That's true, but at least if he's a diamond, he would finally be doing something good for you. And you would always have the option of pawning him if you need some cash! hee hee :D

Could you imagine buying someone's used husband? :eek:

My with my luck the stupid man would be a dull, cloudy diamond for me, but twinkle like a star for someone else! :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79
Back