Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score

Now and then we have to remember with as many new members we have that our every day lingo becomes like a maze to them. Since people are lost on these and asking...here you go! Seasoned posters can feel free to add their own since I will probably forget half of them.

LE= Law Enforcement
POI= Person Of Interest
COD= Cause Of Death
TOD= Time OF Death
ITA= I Totally Agree
= Piece of (Reserved for a known perp, suspect, or POI)
IIRC= If I Recall Correctly
FWIW= For What Its Worth
COB= The story behind this is on the Jessie Davis case, someone meant to type COP in reference to Bobby Cutts, Jr. and it came out COB. We called him that for the rest of the case and now it had become synonymous with .
OT= Off Topic
WTH= What The Hell? (Usually reserved for frustration in understanding what is taking place within a certain situation...such as in this case. I see it a lot when discussing Casey Anthony.)
GMAB= Give Me A Break

Last edited by a moderator:
It scares me more than that freaky thing on the beach in long Island!

Isn't that the weirdest looking creature you've ever seen? I listened to the news today and they are trying to say it's a raccoon. I call BS. I've seen many raccoons in my life and that thing is NO KIN!

It looks like a Koala bear mixed with a dog.

BS=This isn't Bull Snot.
PITA=Pain In The Arse.

Over in thread 45, a poster referred to Casey as Miss Pinnochio :liar:

Then a few folks joked that MP would be the perfect name for Casey. In a way, I hope it doesn't take off, because I can forsee 300 people posting: 'Wait a sec! Who's MP??' And then another 300 responses. :)

Anyway, I thought I'd crosspost it to the lingo thread.

MP=Miss Pinnochio=Casey. LOL (Laugh Out Loud)!

BTW, one common lingo term I have never quite figured out is ROFL, sometimes with more letters. I know it means to laugh really hard, but what do the letters stand for? Thanks! :)

ROFL=rolling on floor laughing, ROFLMAO-rolling on floor laughing my arse off.

Can someone explain to me what "bump" means? Like "I am bumping this post".

I've been around for awhile and I still come across some acronym's that throw me. Last year I finally learned that:

KWIM?=Know what I mean?

AFAIC=As far as I'm concerned. (this one always reminds me of the duck/insurance commercial)

Shadowraith has some that I keep forgetting to ask her about. I can't remember off hand what they are. So you can be around here forever and still be learning. lol.

Oh, i should have found this thread sooner. The IIRC would bite me. I did a google to figure it out. Then forgot it again. Luckly, I remembered how I figured it out before. <not the bright one>

I have problems with COD cause I read it "Cash/credit on demand", and wonder what it has to do with what we are talking about. <Also very slow>

OTOH= on the other hand
aka= also known as

however

SUS = ???

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I saw a post that contained this and had to ask what it meant.

SODDI-Some other dude did it.

Or in Casey's case, when the Zanny the Nanny theory is no longer working for her...

SONDI-Some other nanny did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back