Psychologists Dr. Jeffery Danziger; Dr. Alan Berns; Dr. William Weitz; Dr. Harry Kro

ThinkTank

Reaction score
(7) Psychologists Dr. Jeffery Danziger; Dr. Alan Berns; Dr. William Weitz; Dr. Harry Krop; Dr. Stephen Gold; Dr. Deborah Day and Mr. Kyle Goodwin

There have been (7) Psychologists on the case, that we know of from jail visitor logs and Defense Motions filed, from the initial psych exam ordered by Judge Strickland in July 2008 to the current time of the Defense trying to add two psychologists to the GUILT phase witness list.

Why were Dr Berns, Dr. Gold, Dr Day and Mr. Goodwin NOT added to a Defense Witness List after initial contact with the Defense?

A doctor who has testified about post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in cases, Dr. Harry Krop, was added to the Defense PENALTY Phase Witness List on December 30, 2010 and visited the Inmate on Feb 15, 2011 for 3 1/2 hours. He has not been moved or added to the GUILT Phase Witness List.

Dr. Danziger was added to the Defense PENALTY Phase Witness List on the same day, Dec 30, 2010.

The Defense added a psychologist who specializes in PTSD, Dr. William Weitz, to the Defense PENALTY Phase Witness List on March 21, 2011, then asked to move him to the GUILT Phase Witness List on March 22, 2011.

It appears that the Defense plans to use some type of PTSD explanation for the Inmate's inappropriate behavior, and started working on this strategy at least by December 2010 (or earlier, in September 2010 when Finnell joined the defense team) and is trying to add psychologists to support that defense theory now.

TIMELINE OF PSYCHOLOGISTS

- July 22, 2008 - Bond Hearing - Judge Strickland ordered a psychological evaluation done by Dr. Danziger and Dr. Berns
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESjK7FSZV38[/ame]

- July 24, 2008 - Order appointing experts for competency evaluation

- July 28, 2008 - Dr. Alan S. Berns correspondence to Atty Baez filed
[Berns NOT added to Defense witness list - why??]

- July 31, 2008 - psychiatric/mental health evaluation filed

- July 30, 2010 - Atty Dorothy Clay Simms visited Casey for 1 1/2 hours

- August 26, 2010 - Dr. Stephen Gold visited Casey for 5 1/2 hours
He has NOT been added to the Defense Witness List (why??) - not have to give a Report from him
specializes in psychological trauma, dissociation, hypnosis and sex addiction at Nova University in Fort Lauderdale

- August 27, 2010 - Dr. Stephen Gold visited Casey for 2 hours

- Sept 13, 2010 - Atty Ann Finnell visited Casey for about one hour

- Sept 14, 2010 - Atty Finnell joined the Defense

- November 12, 2010 - Dr. Deborah Day visited hour and a half
Her practice specialties include forensic psychology including divorce/parenting plan evaluations, collaborative law practice, Factitious Disorders (Munchausen By Proxy), child abuse, and criminal matters [she has NOT been added to the Defense Witness List - why??]

- November 17, 2010 - Mr. Kyle Goodwin visited Casey for 8 hours
Kyle Goodwin attended the same school as Dr. Day, Florida Institute of Technology, and co-authored an article with Dr. Day regarding assessment of psychological testings

- November 30, 2010 - Dr. Deborah Day and Mr. Kyle Goodwin visited for an hour [neither added to Defense Witness List - why??]

- December 30, 2010 - Dr. Jeffrey Danziger - added to Defense PENALTY Phase Witness - List - Maitland, FL - EXPERT - Forensic psychiatry -
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331346/detail.html
DEFENDANT'S SECOND PENALTY PHASE DISCOVERY RESPONSE

- December 30, 2010 - Dr. Harry Krop added to Defense Penalty Phase Witness List
former forensic psychology expert for the State of Florida
associate professor in the Dept of Psychiatry at UF
Dr. Harry Krop has been disciplined before, but is currently cleared to practice
Dr. Krop testified for Defense using PTSD self defense in State of Florida v Thomas Mizell case, Dec 12, 2000
Dr. Krop testified in the State of FL vs Connie Israel case to personality
deficits and Defendant was under influence of extreme mental or
emotional disturbance at the time of the murder

- Feb 15, 2011 - Dr. Harry Krop visited Casey for 3 1/2 hours

- March 22, 2011- Jeffery A. Danziger, MD - Defense asks to add to Witness List on March 16, 2011- completed all work - rebut recent rulings related to Defendant's state of mind and consciousness of guilt - no report yet.
Did psychological evaluation when ordered by Judge Strickland at Bond Hearing
July 22, 2008
[on PENALTY Phase Witness List since Dec 30, 2010]
[requested add to GUILT Phase Witness List March 22, 2011 - as state-of-mind witness, [not a mental health defense nor diminished capacity - Finnell just got his Opinion on Saturday - March 19, 2011 - why??? Dr. Danziger has been on Defense team since July 2008]

2011.03.22 Defense Motion Clarifying Motion for Leave For Additional
Witnesses
[to Guilt Phase Witness List - Not Penalty Phase Witness List]
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/7480096...ing-Motion-for-Leave-For-Additional-Witnesses

- March 22, 2011- Dr. William A. Weitz - Defense asks to add to Witness List - only recently completed all work - defense anticipating his confirmatory letter. - rebut recent rulings related to Defendant's state of mind and consciousness of guilt - no report.
PTSD Expert - http://thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=46968#p46968
[added to PENALTY Phase Witness List March 21, 2011]
[requested to move witness to GUILT Phase Witness List March 22, 2011 as state-of-mind witness [not a mental health defense nor diminished capacity]

- March 24, 2011 Motions Hearing
Judge tells Defense to get Danziger and Weitz reports to Court and State

- March 31, 2011 Hearing - Ashton said do depos next week - April 7th - both doctors

- April 1, 2011 Hearing - Judge said depos all day April 7th [of doctors]

- April 6, 2011 Frye Hearing - Wednesday
Ashton said he will file Motions after taking depositions of doctors, to ask to have Casey examined by State expert
Baez said short notice for Finnell to be ready by Hearing on Friday April 8th

- April 7, 2011 - State taking Depositions of Dr. Danziger and Dr. Weitz

- April 8, 2011 Hearing - Judge will hear arguments on why Danziger and Weitz should be added to Defense Guilt Phase Witness List - late, and Ashton will tell the Judge why the State has a right to have Casey examined by a State expert and if
the State believes the "good cause" the Defense offers is acceptable to add witnesses late

So the defense Doctor shopped until they got the evaluations they were looking for.

Right, it's more interesting the psych experts the DT didn't add to the defense witness list Quite hard to find anyone who would say what the defense wanted to hear, it seems.

March 16 & March 22 these 2 were added to the Guilt Phase Defense witness list, past the deadline.

Do we know how long PTSD stays with someone? Is it a lifelong struggle? Also, if these Doctors are claiming that Casey does suffer from some type of PTSD has she been medicated for the disorder?

I understand that they are going to try and explain away Casey's behavior back in 2008... but what about now? Even today, Casey shows no emotion when it concerns Caylee. None at all! She has no problem showing she is capable of showing emotions of happiness (when with her defense) and disgust (Dr. Vass' testimony about the smell). I have caught her death glares over at the State... so she is capable of showing emotions of hate.

The phone call that Casey made to the house back in July 2008 to me proves that she had a lot of animosity towards Caylee and I think that same animosity that she has for Caylee exists today. She probably still tells herself "All they care about is Caylee." I do not think that she is capable of covering up the animosity she had for this precious baby.

I am really looking forward to seeing exactly what these Doctors have up their sleeves. I want to know if they were being told the story of the kidnapping (are we still sticking to that, Casey?) or an accident?

ThinkTank -

Thank you for this excellent timeline!

ThinkTank,
Thanks wasn't enough.
Excellent job on getting us up on who's who and all the facts, including dates.
It's an eye opener for sure.

Interesting. Does the State of Florida have to pay for these esteemed doctors testify that poor little KC was suffering from PTSD. Also, will they state that ICA was not mentally responsible due to extreme emotional trauma when she killed Caylee Marie. I hope there are no excuses allowed. When does ICA have to become responsible for heartlessly murdering her child. She belongs in prison, not in a holding cell with preferrential privileges. This just isn't right. Caylee was the victim. I hope that we will see justice for Caylee Marie.

Caylee Marie Angelbabe ~ she will pay for taking your life.

So, what caused KC's PTSD? I'd like to know if any of these doctors spoke to anyone besides KC. Did they speak to CA, GA, Lee? Do doctors speak to anyone besides the
person they are diagnosing to make their decisions? Just wondering in print...

It is interesting to me that the Inmate had a psch eval in July 2008 when she was arrested, but the Defense did not try to add a PTSD expert to the GUILT phase until a few weeks ago, March 22, 2011 !!

Does that mean all of the psychologists that saw the Inmate or read her records did NOT report a diagnosis of PTSD until Dr. Weitz was added in March 2011?

If Dr. Weitz, the PTSD expert, has visited with the Inmate in person, at the jail, we do not know about it from recent jail visitor logs. How could he make a diagnosis of PTSD without evaluating the Inmate?

It is interesting to me that the Inmate had a psch eval in July 2008 when she was arrested, but the Defense did not try to add a PTSD expert to the GUILT phase until a few weeks ago, March 22, 2011 !!

Does that mean all of the psychologists that saw the Inmate or read her records did NOT report a diagnosis of PTSD until Dr. Weitz was added in March 2011?

If Dr. Weitz, the PTSD expert, has visited with the Inmate in person, at the jail, we do not know about it from recent jail visitor logs. How could he make a diagnosis of PTSD without evaluating the Inmate?

My guess is that it means that Ann Finnell wasn't on the DT back in 2008.

You've got to be one heck of a lousy psychologist to not be able to distinguish between PTSD and psychopathy, IMO.

Here's an interesting link that defines PTSD. More women than men....hmmm.

It was commonly known as battle fatigue, and has been talked about as far back as the civil war.

Women who suffer from PTSD have often been sexually abused.

http://www.medicinenet.com/posttraumatic_stress_disorder/article.htm

Since KC hasn't been to war, or suffered the wrath of a natural disaster, can we connect the dots and say her PTSD excuse will include abuse?

Quite frankly, you could be a bit more creative Mr. Baez....I can hear it now:

We need an excuse, let's call it abuse!

Yes, that jumped out at me as well. I bet the state noticed too.

PTSD my butt !!!!!!!! :maddening::maddening: My hubby has PTSD and believe you me.. ICA does not come anywhere near that diagnosis.. The girl is just plain nuckin' futs...

So, why would Ann Finnell want these 2 docs added to the guilt phase dt witness list. They were both on the penalty phase dt witness list already. We keep hearing "consciousness of guilt" being thrown around and PTSD.

Whatever the DT is planning, it is clear that it was a recent decision, as late as the end of March. Why so late?

ThinkTank, great timeline. Thank You.

I'm going to have to read up on PTSD because I just don't see that explaining anything KC did. I've been thinking they'd try for a "Dissociative Fugue" state of mind to explain the 31 days. Time to do some research reading.

So, why would Ann Finnell want these 2 docs added to the guilt phase dt witness list. They were both on the penalty phase dt witness list already. We keep hearing "consciousness of guilt" being thrown around and PTSD.

Whatever the DT is planning, it is clear that it was a recent decision, as late as the end of March. Why so late?

The Defense said, in their Motion to add new witnesses, that it is because they need to rebut the "Court's (Judge Perry) recent rulings regarding the Inmate's "consciousness of guilt" and "state of mind". So, they have to do "something" to explain the Inmate's odd behavior and state of mind when her daughter was "missing".

I cannot think of a reason for PTSD before ICA killed Caylee.
It was too long after Caylee was born. It couldn't be the breakup of a boyfriend - she always had one waiting in the wings. The argument with her mother was apparently a normal occurrence. The choking, if that occurred, would only cause ICA to get angry, not stressed. Was it traumatic to ICA when she found out she wasn't going to get the house?
Only other thing I thought of could be because ICA may have felt guilty after dumping Caylee, but then again she continued her lifestyle so nah...

PTSD my butt !!!!!!!! :maddening::maddening: My hubby has PTSD and believe you me.. ICA does not come anywhere near that diagnosis.. The girl is just plain nuckin' futs...

BBM Thank You. I'll go with your diagnosis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back