Larimer sheriff vows to keep Rocky Mountain National Park open

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith, worried about the economic impact of shuttering Rocky Mountain National Park in the wake of a federal budget stalemate, today said he'll provide law enforcement and emergency services to help keep the park open.

Read more: Larimer sheriff vows to keep Rocky Mountain National Park open - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17795489#ixzz1Iu7Q7aXu

WHAT! I am going to Rocky Mountain National Park in June. We already have our plane tickets bought and our hotel (right outside of the park) booked. :( This wouldn't be our first vacation where we had to make a sudden destination change. Hopefully, everything works out.

It would only be closed until the government can get there act together and come up with a budget. It would not be closed permanently

WHAT! I am going to Rocky Mountain National Park in June. We already have our plane tickets bought and our hotel (right outside of the park) booked. :( This wouldn't be our first vacation where we had to make a sudden destination change. Hopefully, everything works out.

I am sure it will work out, if not, Colorado has tons of other places to visit ;) The whole sate is gorgeous!

My dad said that it will be all cleared up by June so we should be fine. Good to know we won't have to break into the park. :D

Well this sheriff is saying he will keep it open despite a goverment closure, he ROCKS ! :)

Yeah but U.S. government < County sheriff, so I don't think he has much of a choice. But I guess it will just be closed for the duration of the closure, and that shouldn't last that long....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back