State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityslick

Reaction score
New thread. I expect the day to just be about playing the deposition video.

If the prosecution was smart, they'd drop some sort of bomb and let it simmer in the minds of the jury prior to the weekend.... or at least offer a glimpse of what is to come to keep them engaged.

If the prosecution was smart, they'd drop some sort of bomb and let it simmer in the minds of the jury prior to the weekend.... or at least offer a glimpse of what is to come to keep them engaged.

today will be objections and depo court over early today

I must be losing my mind. Why can't I find the link on the WRAL site? Anybody got it?

Here in lurking mode today. I've been sick this week, chest congestion, sore throat, etc., got much worse over-night. Have my lap-top in bed with me to listen and follow along if I'm able.

I think playing the deposition at this point in the trial is a poor strategy. At this point it is rehashing the already rehashed hash and is basically a he said she said video.

I must be losing my mind. Why can't I find the link on the WRAL site? Anybody got it?

If you just go to WRAL.com they will post the live link in a few minutes. That's what I usually do. If you get the colored bands, just refresh the page at around 9:32 or so and it should be live. Judge Gessner has been very good with respect to starting on time.

off topic...I have been following Twitchell Murder (Dexter copycat) trial during this trial..and the defendant took the stand. His theory sounded almost reasonable. He should have said this from the beginning, but instead he lied. Because he lied so much he will probably be found guilty

If you just go to WRAL.com they will post the live link in a few minutes. That's what I usually do. If you get the colored bands, just refresh the page at around 9:32 or so and it should be live. Judge Gessner has been very good with respect to starting on time.

I AM losing my mind. I thought BC's trial started at 9:00 same as Casey Anthony's today. Got really mixed up there for a minute! Thanks!

I finally listened to the little back and forth that happened at the end of day yesterday (where Cummings said 'take me to the state bar'). My take is it was a screwup and the state knows it was a screwup. I think it goes beyond even the importance of what they were not supposed to show to the jury. The judge specifically told them (the state) earlier in the day that they can't play that part and they did anyway. I think that pissed the judge off more than anything else.

I finally listened to the little back and forth that happened at the end of day yesterday (where Cummings said 'take me to the state bar'). My take is it was a screwup and the state knows it was a screwup. I think it goes beyond even the importance of what they were not supposed to show to the jury. The judge specifically told them (the state) earlier in the day that they can't play that part and they did anyway. I think that pissed the judge off more than anything else.

I thought the Judge said the defense had to object just before it came in? The Defense is just trying for grounds for appeal. He admitted it was a slowwwwww objection

Here in lurking mode today. I've been sick this week, chest congestion, sore throat, etc., got much worse over-night. Have my lap-top in bed with me to listen and follow along if I'm able.

Awww, feel better Gracie!

As well it should. I am surprised that it happened, especially since the confirmation that it would not be played, should have been very fresh in their memories. The judge could have sanctioned them, I'm kind of surprised he didn't. But, my take on it is that it wasn't the end of the world.....Brad sought psychiatric help, that's a fact. I don't think it was prejudicial at all.

So sorry you are feeling bad. Check in as you feel like it....and I hope you feel better soon!

As well it should. I am surprised that it happened, especially since the confirmation that it would not be played, should have been very fresh in their memories. The judge could have sanctioned them, I'm kind of surprised he didn't. But, my take on it is that it wasn't the end of the world.....Brad sought psychiatric help, that's a fact. I don't think it was prejudicial at all.

What they were upset about was that they played the part about Brad calling an ex-girlfriend. And cut off the part about why.

I think playing the deposition at this point in the trial is a poor strategy. At this point it is rehashing the already rehashed hash and is basically a he said she said video.

I think for the jurors, it's a gold mine. I think they want to hear and see what this Brad Cupper is all about. I think they want to hear him explain and talk about some of the things they've heard about. I would imagine they'd be curious enough to wonder what's going to be said next, what questions will this attorney go to next, will she box him into a corner he can't get out of? No, I think they're probably clinging to every question and word. I know I was the first time I heard it. Curiosity, if nothing else will keep them tuned in. They know with all the objections that there are some interesting things in that deposition.

see this differs from what everyone else says about him and Nancy going out

I could see the prejudicial aspect of it because the video did not indicate that he contacted the girl specifically for the psych reference. So if you never had seen or heard the video before and the only thing you hear is he contacted an ex flame a few weeks ago, what would you think about that?

I think for the jurors, it's a gold mine. I think they want to hear and see what this Brad Cupper is all about. I think they want to hear him explain and talk about some of the things they've heard about. I would imagine they'd be curious enough to wonder what's going to be said next, what questions will this attorney go to next, will she box him into a corner he can't get out of? No, I think they're probably clinging to every question and word. I know I was the first time I heard it. Curiosity, if nothing else will keep them tuned in. They know with all the objections that there are some interesting things in that deposition.

I totally agree.

What they were upset about was that they played the part about Brad calling an ex-girlfriend. And cut off the part about why.

Yes, I understand that. But I don't see that it was as prejudicial as the defense would have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.