GUILTY CO - Mary Horsley & Samantha Salaz for child abuse, Colorado Springs, 2011

I can't even imagine what's behind this. Anxiously awaiting further details...

Hope this child recovers soon. I bet there will be alot of interesting things to come from this story!

So the "mother" beat and bound her child, then tried to drown her. The "great aunt" ( family relation, not a compliment) saw it all and decided to take a nap, leaving the 7 yr old child to find the toddler and get help! I do not understand abuse like this. I know it is a cycle, starting in one generation and trickling down to the next, but WHY! Why do two grown women abuse a baby for spilling juice? I cannot understand what is so wrong with mothers now that they lose it over something so trivial. Its juice! It washes. I know firsthand, I have 2 preschooler boys, not a day goes by when something isnt spilled, broken, destroyed etc in our house. They are children, they are messy. This poor little angel and her & 7 yr old hero, I cannot imagine what other horrors have been endured that we arent reading about. Be safe little angels, someone will save you now. I'm just heartsick over all of these stories.

What an awful story -- reading how this mother "disciplined" her child.

God bless the little girl and her older siblings. May these women get exactly what they deserve. JMO

This child was pronounced dead and later revived, so what kind of quality of life is she going to have after this (considering brain damage is possible). What some people allegedly do to an innocent child-boggles the mind.

I say mandatory sterilization should be part of the punishment for this type of crime

I say mandatory sterilization should be part of the punishment for this type of crime

I agree because you know the first thing she will do if she gets out on bond is get herself pregnant if she can.

why do they have kids? do they not suspect that motherhood is not going to be their forte? WHY do they not suspect it?

The link above yours did state earlier the child had passed away in a couple of different placed.. now it says unknown......wonder why it was changed??

It says the info about her passing out was incorrect.
But considering she was pronounced dead then revived, if her brain did not receive enough oxygen while she was out, she could end up not in a good state at all (assuming she makes it).
Poor child.

So the "mother" beat and bound her child, then tried to drown her. The "great aunt" ( family relation, not a compliment) saw it all and decided to take a nap, leaving the 7 yr old child to find the toddler and get help! I do not understand abuse like this. I know it is a cycle, starting in one generation and trickling down to the next, but WHY! Why do two grown women abuse a baby for spilling juice? I cannot understand what is so wrong with mothers now that they lose it over something so trivial. Its juice! It washes. I know firsthand, I have 2 preschooler boys, not a day goes by when something isnt spilled, broken, destroyed etc in our house. They are children, they are messy. This poor little angel and her & 7 yr old hero, I cannot imagine what other horrors have been endured that we arent reading about. Be safe little angels, someone will save you now. I'm just heartsick over all of these stories.

Sorry, but we need to line up people like this and dispose of them, permanately. They can not be allowed to reproduce. I am so sick of the cycle of child abuse I could take care of them myself.

But I won't...... because I am a law abiding citizen.:banghead:

Ya, I heard at work that the news got bad info, and it is unknown if she is deceased..... Why would you publish a story like that, without CONFIRMING!!!! Ugh

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...ed_On_Attempted_Murder_Charges_119467344.html

It sounds like the hospital isn't releasing any information, and press gets its information from family member(s). And because hospital isn't releasing any information, the information that family member had about child passing away was not accurate.
By the way, it's the mother who alleges the aunt did this to the child while the mother saw it but did nothing to stop it and went to sleep, not the other way around (responding to mimimama5). While the aunt claimed she was not near the child-so it appears each one is blaming the other. The child is 2, the mother is 19, so she must have gotten pregnant at 16-17. According to child's grandma the mother moved out of her house and claimed she moved with another single mother, but instead moved with her aunt. And apparently the mother claims she had to follow aunt's rules.

“My heart just fell down to my feet when I found out,” said Richard Salaz, the toddler’s grandfather.

Richard Salaz says he saw the signs of possible abuse.

“The baby at that time had some bruises on her and I had asked how the baby had gotten them and her and my sister had gotten real irate and just picked up and left,” he said.

“I hate to say yes, but I think the way that they are, I think they were involved with drugs and may have altered their minds.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/04/09/colorado-springs-girl-in-hospital-mother-aun-face-charges/

There's a clip with pictures of this beautiful baby at link.

According to an arrest affidavit, Samantha Salaz allegedly told police she had seen Horsley in the bathroom with her daughter, who was bound by tape and being sprayed by water as a punishment. But Samantha Salaz did nothing to stop it. The toddler was apparently left in the bathroom with the water running while both women were taking naps.

snipped from http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/04/0...-face-charges/

Both of these woman should be charged, one did it and the other one did nothing, still guilty in my book!!! What a beautiful little girl. I hope she makes it and is placed with a wonderful loving family!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back