SC teen killed on highway named in father's memory

Dark Knight

Reaction score
WELLFORD, S.C. – Aaron Hill knew the road well, and not just because it was the route he took to high school every day. The five-mile stretch of highway was named in memory of his father, a soldier killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan in 2008.

But on his way to class Thursday morning, the 18-year-old senior was killed when a pickup truck crossed the center line and smashed head-on into his car, authorities said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110409/ap_on_re_us/us_memorial_highway_death

May he and his father RIP and may the Lord comfort his family, in Jesus' Name, amen.

O my Gosh.. that poor family.

How terribly sad. Offering prayers for this family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family & friends.

The Wellford area will always hold a special place in my heart. Many years ago, driving from PA to GA for college, my car broke down. A man picked me up, took me to the next exit and waited with me until a tow truck came. The man in the truck got my car and towed it to an old closed service station, where his two sons met us. The older son was supposed to take the younger son (special needs) fishing, but they spent the afternoon working on my car--charging me only $60 for parts. The older son was able to tell me that the engine in my car was actually not the correct one for a Mustang--it should have been in a Ford Ranger. He knew that because he worked for Ford in Detroit and helped to design the Ranger engine. (angels, they were)
People down there take care of each other.

RIP

I don't understand. why are there no charges filed yet? he had no license and committed vehicular manslaughter, right? My thoughts and prayers are with his family :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family & friends.

The Wellford area will always hold a special place in my heart. Many years ago, driving from PA to GA for college, my car broke down. A man picked me up, took me to the next exit and waited with me until a tow truck came. The man in the truck got my car and towed it to an old closed service station, where his two sons met us. The older son was supposed to take the younger son (special needs) fishing, but they spent the afternoon working on my car--charging me only $60 for parts. The older son was able to tell me that the engine in my car was actually not the correct one for a Mustang--it should have been in a Ford Ranger. He knew that because he worked for Ford in Detroit and helped to design the Ranger engine. (angels, they were)
People down there take care of each other.

RIP

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing with us. Perhaps we should start of thread of stories like this.

I don't understand. why are there no charges filed yet? he had no license and committed vehicular manslaughter, right? My thoughts and prayers are with his family :(

I saw a headline somewhere today saying he was finally charged. I did not get the details, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back