15 mth old served margarita instead of Juice at Applebees

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27486476/detail.html

Before leaving, Dill-Reese tasted the toddler’s drink and got a big surprise. Instead of apple juice, alcoholic margarita mix was in his cup. “The manager came up to me and he smelled it and he was like, ‘I am so sorry ma’am, I just don’t know what to do,’” said Dill-Reese.

OMG once would be bad. but 2 times?? REALLY??

Why after the first incident would they continue to store juice next to booze?

OMG, I thought for sure this was an old thread!!!! WOW, no excuse for this at all....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27486476/detail.html

Before leaving, Dill-Reese tasted the toddler’s drink and got a big surprise. Instead of apple juice, alcoholic margarita mix was in his cup. “The manager came up to me and he smelled it and he was like, ‘I am so sorry ma’am, I just don’t know what to do,’” said Dill-Reese.

My answer would be - call the police please. It's illegal to serve alcohol to a minor, mistakenly or not. What a bunch of blippin <unusual people>.

There's a reason why toddlers are given toddler cups. How does such a cup get to a bar? My thought is this was INTENTIONAL!

I bet that <unusual> manager tried to hand out free coupons. Instead they should be handing over the deed to the restaurant. Children DIE from ingesting alcohol.

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this one. And it's not that I don't like Applebee's - we eat there often.

MOO

Mel

ETA: Doctors told Dominic&#8217;s mother he could have died if he drank the entire cup. They believe he should be ok, but needs to be watched carefully.

I do believe the parents should get a HUGE settlement from this farce of a restaurant!

Note to self:
1. Always bring my child's own beverage, in their own cup, from home. (I've never had a problem doing this in a restaurant.)
2. If I can't bring beverage from home, taste their drink before giving it to them.

It's not intentional. In a 2007 similar incident at another applebees, the restaurant kept margaritas and apple juice in similar jugs. Which presumably should have given the restaurant chain a clue that this was not a good idea.

I have a much less dangerous but still a "warning" story about Applebees and kids cups. Years ago when my kids still ordered kids meals, I didn't usually allow them to get refills on either juice or sodas, when they finished their drink we just allowed them to have water in the cup rather than fill up on sweetened drinks. When the waitress didn't come by for awhile, I opened the lid of the drink cup to fill it from my water glass. I was shocked to find that the child's drink had been served in a DIRTY cup with crayon stains all over the inside. The server had dumped the crayons that kids used with their little color on menus at the table and used the cup to serve the drink. When asked about this......the answer was "We were out of kids cups and it was the only one we had left"!!!!!

Stop buying juice and margaritta mix that looks the same, problem solved. I get that you need to have juice behind the bar, but couldn't it be made a policy that they only keep juice in one of the refrigerated areas and booze in another seperate one? How hard is it to keep juice ancd alcohol and seperate areas?

I am still in shock that this has happened 2 times!!!!! You would think after the first incident, that Applebees would have made a new policy..... :twocents:

I have a much less dangerous but still a "warning" story about Applebees and kids cups. Years ago when my kids still ordered kids meals, I didn't usually allow them to get refills on either juice or sodas, when they finished their drink we just allowed them to have water in the cup rather than fill up on sweetened drinks. When the waitress didn't come by for awhile, I opened the lid of the drink cup to fill it from my water glass. I was shocked to find that the child's drink had been served in a DIRTY cup with crayon stains all over the inside. The server had dumped the crayons that kids used with their little color on menus at the table and used the cup to serve the drink. When asked about this......the answer was "We were out of kids cups and it was the only one we had left"!!!!!

I have no words that are politically correct that would define what I think of this server from hell. Un-freaking-believable....

It's not intentional. In a 2007 similar incident at another applebees, the restaurant kept margaritas and apple juice in similar jugs. Which presumably should have given the restaurant chain a clue that this was not a good idea.

It doesn't matter if it was unintentional. Those who are behind the bar and responsible for drinks should absolutely know the difference. Jug color or not. Heck, just the color of "juice" poured into a cup should have made them pause and think. Last time I saw apple juice vs margaritas "juice" they were shades apart.

Bartender screwed up royally.

They are changing their "policy"...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/1...-accidentally-served-alcohol/?test=latestnews
The Applebee’s restaurant chain is changing the way it serves juice after a 15-month-old boy was accidentally served alcohol at a Michigan location.

The restaurants now will use single-serve containers to pour juice for children, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.

Lil one is expected to be okay.

Thank god!!!!!

How idiotic can you get!?

My child would like an oj, or an apple juice please...

Sure thing, let me go put your order in with our bartender...

Really!?

Applebee's Challenges Parents' Claims
POSTED: Wednesday, April 13, 2011
UPDATED: 9:40 pm EDT April 13, 2011

AP
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. -- Applebee's is being sued after parents said one of the restaurant chain's Michigan locations served their 15-month-old son alcohol in a sippy cup.

However, the restaurant chain said the parents' claim about their child's alcohol consumption does not match that of a police report.

Applebee's said the level of alcohol in the drink listed on a police report does not match the child's blood alcohol level reported in the parents' lawsuit.

Police say the alcohol had come from a mislabeled bottle. Taylor Dill-Reese, Dominic Wilson and their son Dominic Jr. dined Friday at an Applebee's in Madison Heights, just north of Detroit.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27538785/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back