State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncsu95

Reaction score
Going ahead and starting a new thread for today.

I'm back from my "time-out" and a weekend at Camp Seagull with my 8 year old daughter for our Y-Princesses spring outing (any dads reading this with sons/daughters in 1-3 grade should check out this program). Anyways, I have learned my lesson and will no longer to respond to people that make sarcastic comments directed towards me. And some users, I will not respond to no matter what.

Now the regular readers of this forum know I have been a fence sitter from the beginning. Well, after the Cisco expert testified last week, I am no longer on the fence. I now believe that Brad Cooper is either innocent, or he killed her some time after returning from his second Harris Teeter trip. It was the Cisco expert's testimony that pushed me off the fence. And it was testimony that wasn't really talked about here in this forum, and that I couldn't respond to since I got sent to the corner for time out. Here is the evidence that I am talking about:

During a 15 minute window or so including the trip to HT the second time, Brad called voicemail 4 different times. Twice to his cell phone and twice to his work phone. The prosecution has deemed this as odd behavior and so have people in this forum. However, for the 2 times he called into Cisco, we know exactly what he did (as well as another call into Cisco). We know which keys he pushed because the Cisco person had logs of exactly what was pushed. I had always thought that maybe calling into the alpha system provided him some backdoor way to generate the call. But we know from the testimony that he in fact did check voicemail, and hit 1 to replay messages. We also know that he called into a Cisco conferencing system and then hung up (almost immediately). We also know that he initiated a call from the Galway system and left a voicemail that the Cisco guy later listened to and said the message was "Test 1 2 3".

So what does all this mean? In my opinion, this means that Brad Cooper was doing work. We know he supports live systems. Kurtz indicated (without evidence since the Cisco expert said he was unaware) that a system upgrade had been done on the night of the 11th. The call leaving the test voicemail and the call into the conferencing system had to be to verify service related with the upgrade, or were test calls in response to user reported issues. There is no other reasonable explanation for them. My guess is that the voicemails that were left were either indicating that the upgrade was complete, or that a couple of users were reporting issues with voicemail and/or conferencing. As someone that does a similar job to what BC did, I make these kinds of quick test calls all the time.

So for me, I simply cannot believe that someone that just murdered and dumped their wife, while attempting to set up an alibi call from their wife by spoofing a call, would take the time to check on work and make work-related test calls before continuing on with cover up. He started these calls while driving to HT. It makes absolutely no sense with this case. And we know that these calls weren't additional cover up calls because he never mentioned them to the police or anyone else. If that was the purpose of them, he would have told the police that he also was doing work. But my opinion is that he verified voicemail and conferencing and basically forgot about it since it didn't take much time and were working properly.

Here is what I believe about Brad Cooper:
1. He is an arrogant self absorbed @$$hole.
2. He controlled Nancy with the only way he knew how, and that was financially. I think the allowance served 2 purposes....it reduced her spending and it kept her there. I do not believe he was controlling in other ways.
3. Brad Cooper is a pathological liar. He lied to the police about knowing how to look at call logs. He lied to Stubbs in his deposition about many things, including the name of his ex-fiance. Maybe he was covering up additional affairs with the police, I don't know. But I believe he lied about many things.
4. I do believe that BC cleaned up when she was at Hilton Head. But I believe what he cleaned up was not her idea of cleaning. I think that is a male/female difference.
5. I believe that Nancy gave him absolute hell about it when she got home. We know how pissed she was because of her voicemail to her dad. I believe that he cleaned on Saturday morning because of what happened when she got home.
6. I believe he cleaned out the garage while she was gone. We know he did some because JA talked about it and still not being able to park a vehicle in there. We know from pictures that there was at least 1 toy on the way preventing a vehicle to be parked in there on the morning of the 12th. I simply do not believe that BC have moved everything, done the murder, used the garage to load her body, then took the time to move 1 or 2 toys back in the way once he was done. If he was going to move toys back into the garage to make it look like he couldn't park a vehicle, it would have taken less than 60 seconds to move a bunch of them. That would have been more convincing than 1 or 2 toys.
7. I believe he was a horrible husband that had several affairs.
8. I believe he loved/loves his daughters despite being self-absorbed. I believe he knew what was at risk with the custody hearing and chose to do it anyways because he had this naive belief he could keeps his daughters. That custody hearing was never about the girls. He could have just as easily pulled a Jason Young and not fought custody. But he did. I believe he was like a lot of dads in that the main childcare falls on the wife. But we do know that he frequently watched the children while Nancy did her thing.
9. I do not believe he would keep a necklace because it was worth $2800 (because Brad's all about the money), yet would dispose of networking equipment worth much more than that. Brad knew the necklace was a big deal long before he handed it over to police in October. If he murdered her and took it, there is no chance he keeps that once it becomes known that it is a topic of concern for all her friends.
10. I believe that Nancy exaggerated many things about BC to her friends ...and there view of his behavior and "normal" actions are biased.

But despite him being a lying, self-absorbed, horrible husband, I do not believe he murdererd Nancy Cooper on July 12th, at least not before 7:00 AM. Not when he was doing Cisco related work activities from 6:35 -6:55 or so. It just doesn't make sense.

Now if the prosecution comes up with evidence that is compelling, I will gladly go back on the fence. But as of now, their own witness is what kicked me off.

I look forward to continuing our trial discussions.

Thanks for starting this thread ncsu95, and nice to have you back! :seeya:

Welcome back NCSU. Now behave so we can have your perspective on things!! LOL! j/k. Different perspectives and ideas are what make the world go round.

That's a great post NCSU. I agree with a lot of what you wrote. I'm still not convinced those calls were work related. It's the 6:05am call that bothers me the most because there is no explanation for it. I do think the cell tower locations is a red herring. The ping at 6:40am on the tower closet to the body location tells me nothing, since he walked into HT at 6:41am. It would be impossible for him to be at Fielding (or close to it) and then be walking into HT at 6:41, plus his car (according to cameras) wasn't coming in the parking lot from that direction.

I made a post yesterday on an alternate theory of the dress that you should check out. It goes off the assumption that she was not wearing that dress when she died.

You make a great point about the necklace. For everything else he is supposed to get rid off (ducks/sticks/shoes/router/fxo) he didn't get rid of the necklace especially since we are to believe she always wore it so he would of had to take it off.

If he killed her, there is no way that happened after 7am. There is 0 evidence to support that, plus not only that, he would be doing that in broad daylight. When would he have had time to clean up then?

Well said, NCSU. Your prospectives are very consistent with mine except you have the first hand knowledge of the technical equipment that BC handled. I believe if he didn't kill her before 7am, it is highly unlikely that he killed his wife since moving around in there during the daylight would be very risky, both at home and where the body was dumped. Very interesting and well thought out comments. Thanks for sharing them with us. And welcome back. Guess I better behave too.

NCSU great to have you back on the forum. Don't always, well almost never...lol agree with you but have missed your thoughtful discussion.

Glad you had a super time with your daughter!

That's a great post NCSU. I agree with a lot of what you wrote. I'm still not convinced those calls were work related. It's the 6:05am call that bothers me the most because there is no explanation for it. I do think the cell tower locations is a red herring. The ping at 6:40am on the tower closet to the body location tells me nothing, since he walked into HT at 6:41am. It would be impossible for him to be at Fielding (or close to it) and then be walking into HT at 6:41, plus his car (according to cameras) wasn't coming in the parking lot from that direction.

I made a post yesterday on an alternate theory of the dress that you should check out. It goes off the assumption that she was not wearing that dress when she died.

You make a great point about the necklace. For everything else he is supposed to get rid off (ducks/sticks/shoes/router/fxo) he didn't get rid of the necklace especially since we are to believe she always wore it so he would of had to take it off.

If he killed her, there is no way that happened after 7am. There is 0 evidence to support that, plus not only that, he would be doing that in broad daylight. When would he have had time to clean up then?

I agree that I do not believe he could have killed her after 7am, but the entymologist did say she might not have died until 11AM (this was on cross). So if you are right, someone else had to have killed her. I think there were witnesses who said she didn't run with phone and keys (I believe this was one of neighbors although others said she did). I personally can't imagine running with an expensive necklace so I would have removed it if I were her.

I agree that I do not believe he could have killed her after 7am, but the entymologist did say she might not have died until 11AM (this was on cross). So if you are right, someone else had to have killed her. I think there were witnesses who said she didn't run with phone and keys (I believe this was one of neighbors although others said she did). I personally can't imagine running with an expensive necklace so I would have removed it if I were her.

BBM. You would have maybe, but testimony from every other witness that knew NC said she ran in the necklace.

For all of the Brad did it people, please explain the "work calls" during and after the 2nd Harris Teeter trip. If he had just murdered his wife, he would have had to have done that for a reason, so please explain your theory on it.

BBM. You would have maybe, but testimony from every other witness that knew NC said she ran in the necklace.

Who testified to this other than JA? CC said she couldn't recall if she wore anything.

According to defense opening statements, it was to locate the cell phone. I don't understand the 23 second duration and really thought it was the "aha" moment when the Cisco witness talked about the 22 second duration of the auto-generated call. But that went away when the call from Nancy was 32 seconds.

Maybe the duration was him hitting the talk button instead of the end button when he found the phone.

Some also said she ran with keys and cell phone, but others said no she didn't. I am just saying when I ran, I would never have on expensive jewelry like that. Too easy to lose it. I think there were pics without her necklace. To be honest, I can't imagine BC killing her and keeping the necklace. If he was smart enough to pull this off, he would never have kept the necklace because it could be incriminating to him.

Good morning all! Maybe we will get to hear the computer forensics this week!

ncsu--
Although I have not always agreed with you I am glad you are again with us. I always appreciated your postings that are delivered with respect, and that your postings have been made with respect to other posters. without being rude or mean, you get your ideas across. On an emotional level I am sure BC is quilty, but I still want to see just a little more solid evidence. I would make a terrible juror.

Going ahead and starting a new thread for today.

I'm back from my "time-out" and a weekend at Camp Seagull with my 8 year old daughter for our Y-Princesses spring outing (any dads reading this with sons/daughters in 1-3 grade should check out this program). Anyways, I have learned my lesson and will no longer to respond to people that make sarcastic comments directed towards me. And some users, I will not respond to no matter what.

Now the regular readers of this forum know I have been a fence sitter from the beginning. Well, after the Cisco expert testified last week, I am no longer on the fence. I now believe that Brad Cooper is either innocent, or he killed her some time after returning from his second Harris Teeter trip. It was the Cisco expert's testimony that pushed me off the fence. And it was testimony that wasn't really talked about here in this forum, and that I couldn't respond to since I got sent to the corner for time out. Here is the evidence that I am talking about:

During a 15 minute window or so including the trip to HT the second time, Brad called voicemail 4 different times. Twice to his cell phone and twice to his work phone. The prosecution has deemed this as odd behavior and so have people in this forum. However, for the 2 times he called into Cisco, we know exactly what he did (as well as another call into Cisco). We know which keys he pushed because the Cisco person had logs of exactly what was pushed. I had always thought that maybe calling into the alpha system provided him some backdoor way to generate the call. But we know from the testimony that he in fact did check voicemail, and hit 1 to replay messages. We also know that he called into a Cisco conferencing system and then hung up (almost immediately). We also know that he initiated a call from the Galway system and left a voicemail that the Cisco guy later listened to and said the message was "Test 1 2 3".

So what does all this mean? In my opinion, this means that Brad Cooper was doing work. We know he supports live systems. Kurtz indicated (without evidence since the Cisco expert said he was unaware) that a system upgrade had been done on the night of the 11th. The call leaving the test voicemail and the call into the conferencing system had to be to verify service related with the upgrade, or were test calls in response to user reported issues. There is no other reasonable explanation for them. My guess is that the voicemails that were left were either indicating that the upgrade was complete, or that a couple of users were reporting issues with voicemail and/or conferencing. As someone that does a similar job to what BC did, I make these kinds of quick test calls all the time.

So for me, I simply cannot believe that someone that just murdered and dumped their wife, while attempting to set up an alibi call from their wife by spoofing a call, would take the time to check on work and make work-related test calls before continuing on with cover up. He started these calls while driving to HT. It makes absolutely no sense with this case. And we know that these calls weren't additional cover up calls because he never mentioned them to the police or anyone else. If that was the purpose of them, he would have told the police that he also was doing work. But my opinion is that he verified voicemail and conferencing and basically forgot about it since it didn't take much time and were working properly.

Here is what I believe about Brad Cooper:
1. He is an arrogant self absorbed @$$hole.
2. He controlled Nancy with the only way he knew how, and that was financially. I think the allowance served 2 purposes....it reduced her spending and it kept her there. I do not believe he was controlling in other ways.
3. Brad Cooper is a pathological liar. He lied to the police about knowing how to look at call logs. He lied to Stubbs in his deposition about many things, including the name of his ex-fiance. Maybe he was covering up additional affairs with the police, I don't know. But I believe he lied about many things.
4. I do believe that BC cleaned up when she was at Hilton Head. But I believe what he cleaned up was not her idea of cleaning. I think that is a male/female difference.
5. I believe that Nancy gave him absolute hell about it when she got home. We know how pissed she was because of her voicemail to her dad. I believe that he cleaned on Saturday morning because of what happened when she got home.
6. I believe he cleaned out the garage while she was gone. We know he did some because JA talked about it and still not being able to park a vehicle in there. We know from pictures that there was at least 1 toy on the way preventing a vehicle to be parked in there on the morning of the 12th. I simply do not believe that BC have moved everything, done the murder, used the garage to load her body, then took the time to move 1 or 2 toys back in the way once he was done. If he was going to move toys back into the garage to make it look like he couldn't park a vehicle, it would have taken less than 60 seconds to move a bunch of them. That would have been more convincing than 1 or 2 toys.
7. I believe he was a horrible husband that had several affairs.
8. I believe he loved/loves his daughters despite being self-absorbed. I believe he knew what was at risk with the custody hearing and chose to do it anyways because he had this naive belief he could keeps his daughters. That custody hearing was never about the girls. He could have just as easily pulled a Jason Young and not fought custody. But he did. I believe he was like a lot of dads in that the main childcare falls on the wife. But we do know that he frequently watched the children while Nancy did her thing.
9. I do not believe he would keep a necklace because it was worth $2800 (because Brad's all about the money), yet would dispose of networking equipment worth much more than that. Brad knew the necklace was a big deal long before he handed it over to police in October. If he murdered her and took it, there is no chance he keeps that once it becomes known that it is a topic of concern for all her friends.
10. I believe that Nancy exaggerated many things about BC to her friends ...and there view of his behavior and "normal" actions are biased.

But despite him being a lying, self-absorbed, horrible husband, I do not believe he murdererd Nancy Cooper on July 12th, at least not before 7:00 AM. Not when he was doing Cisco related work activities from 6:35 -6:55 or so. It just doesn't make sense.

Now if the prosecution comes up with evidence that is compelling, I will gladly go back on the fence. But as of now, their own witness is what kicked me off.

I look forward to continuing our trial discussions.

I missed you--so glad you're back!!!!!

Some also said she ran with keys and cell phone, but others said no she didn't. I am just saying when I ran, I would never have on expensive jewelry like that. Too easy to lose it. I think there were pics without her necklace. To be honest, I can't imagine BC killing her and keeping the necklace. If he was smart enough to pull this off, he would never have kept the necklace because it could be incriminating to him.

Brad was all about the money. He kept that necklace and I believe he was going to keep the earrings, but got caught up in everything and forgot to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff