GUILTY IA - Larry Twigg for student sex abuse, Waterloo, 2010

peeples

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/article_4567fb54-61d3-11e0-9e81-001cc4c03286.html?mode=story

The student testified that Twigg invited him to his home in December 2009 and January 2010 to make up class work and earn money. He said Twigg had him play a video game and remove an article of clothing every time he lost a life in the game. He also said Twigg spanked him, had him make snow angels in the yard wearing only his boxer shorts and poured chocolate syrup on him in the shower.

I think the word "lascivious" doesn't really cut it here. Twigg is about as sick as they come. Poor boy. One nasty man's evening of sick fun equals years of therapy for a teen.

The time and money put into rationalizing this away as the aftereffects of a long ago car accident would be almost laughable if a teen hadn't been harmed.

Pouring chocolate syrup on a boy in the shower (I'm assuming while undressed), spanking him and having him run around in the snow in his undies isn't considered sexual by the defense? Hmmmm. And all he faces is a year? Somehow, I doubt that Mr. Twigg looked quite as dignified that evening as he did in court.

Some comments about Twigg:

http://badbadteacher.com/larry-twigg/

It's always so interesting to me that people see different sides of a person. Is that only of those with criminal intent? I've been sitting here thinking of different people I know and I'd have to say that for most decent people, the general opinion of them is the one that fits. There might be subtleties but that's about it. I think that pedophiles and predators are very careful to wear their "masks" most of the time.

My heart goes out to the teen. This must have been a hellish ordeal, all around. First, he had to disclose and then he had to go through the investigation and trial. Not a fun thing for a 17-18 year old heading off into the world.

Two years? That's it? I wonder how many days he'll actually serve. I always like to bring it back to the victim.

From Peeples' link:

"....Twigg apologized for his actions, admitting they were "inexcusable," but he denied they were sexually motivated. The victim's mother said her son, who was 17 at the time of the incidents in 2009 and 2010, struggled in the aftermath, changing schools, abusing drugs and alcohol and attempting suicide...."

I have to ask just what sort of motivation there could have been if it wasn't sexual. That's an inane statement if you ask me. And, that's a huge amount of pain and agony for a teen but totally expected. Mr. Twigg, I'm afraid, won't be nearly as scarred by his two years as this boy was by a couple of nights of sick "fun".

It breaks my heart but males so often attempt suicide. Why oh why? We've got to start working with very young boys to help them understand that anything like this does NOT change their value to their loved ones or to the world in the least. This boy was so brave for coming forward. My prayers are with him and his family.

It's like a revolving door, Peeples. Imagine how the teen feels knowing that he's out there tonight. Thanks for updating this.

From peeples' link:

"...Twigg's attorney argued the acts weren't sexual in nature and said Twigg didn't have the mental capacity to form specific intent of enticing the boy into a sexual situation...."

BUT HE HAD THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO TEACH????

I keep wondering if there are other victims of this man. Rarely do we hear that there is only one victim unless it is within a family. His attorney is quite a piece of work, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back