FL FL - Glades Co, Route 27, WhtMale 1537UMFL, 25-35, in pasture, Sep'80

TxJan1971

Reaction score
HELP! This is my first post/thread regarding an unidentified person/possible match and I feel totally unsure of what to do with the information I have gathered below.

I stumbled across an unidentified person on Doenetwork, then searched missing folks on Charleyproject and found a possible match. I really have no idea what to do with this or whether this match is feasible. Could someone please advise if you think this is a possibile match or where to find any current rule outs on this person?

More importantly, if any of you “regulars” want to take it from here, I wouldn’t be offended at all. I am still too new to Websleuths and don’t really feel comfortable yet. If this is not a good possibility or submitted in the wrong place, please feel free to move/delete.

Doenetwork Case File 1537UMFL
(I'm having trouble inserting a link so I'll just provide the addy below)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1537umfl.html

Discovered: September 30, 1980 (Moorehaven, Glades County, Florida)
(Located near a fence post of a pasture about 20 ft. from SR27/SR29)
Est. Date of Death: 2 weeks prior
Est. age: 25-35 years old
Approx. Height: 5'9"
Characteristics: Reddish/brown long hair to shoulders. Couple of days growth on face.

NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/7904

Possible Match
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/walls_bruce.html

Missing since: September 5, 1980 from West Palm Beach, Florida
Height: 5’8”
Distinguishing Characteristics: Red/Auburn hair, may have a beard

Car was found abandoned on the turnpike. Believed to have been carrying briefcase of diamonds. This may coincide with victim found near fence post off a pasture 20 ft. from SR27/SR29 (??)

I think I came across Bruce Walls when looking for matches to this UID several months ago. I didn't feel strongly one way or the other when I was looking at him.

But it is a pretty good possible match, and should be looked at IMO.

<modsnip>

I sent off an e-mail to Pamela Strassel, asking if this comparison has ever been made, and if not, suggesting that she do so.

I sent off an e-mail to Pamela Strassel, asking if this comparison has ever been made, and if not, suggesting that she do so.

Reply from Pamela Strassel:

Thanks for the information and the work you do. I have added Mr. Walls to the exclusions today. Unfortunately we did do a dental comparison with no match. If you come up with anything else let me know, I am always appreciative of the outside eyes in looking for matches to bring some our unidentified home.

Quote:
Thanks for the information and the work you do. I have added Mr. Walls to the exclusions today. Unfortunately we did do a dental comparison with no match. If you come up with anything else let me know, I am always appreciative of the outside eyes in looking for matches to bring some our unidentified home.

very kind and thoughtful response from Ms. Strassel.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1537UMFL
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1537umfl.html
NamUs UP Case 7904 https://identifyus.org/cases/7904
2388831750045078242S200x200Q851_zps66e5f588.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on September 30, 1980 in Moorehaven, Glades County, Florida
* Estimated Date of Death: 2 weeks prior
* Mummified Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25-35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Redish/brown long hair, to shoulders. Couple of days growth on face.
* Clothing: Orange/red t-shirt with decal on front reading "I may turn red but don't stop". Dark bluish/brown cut off pants, waist size 32". Brown belt, 41" from tip to tip. Fruit of the Loom jockey briefs with 30" waist.
* Dentals: Not available.
* Fingerprints: Not available.
* DNA: Not available.

Case History
The victim was located near fence post of a pasture about 20 feet from SR27/SR29.

In response to Pamela Strassel's e-mail informing me of the Bruce Walls rule-out I submitted one more possible that was on my "tentatives" list:

Donald Cary Ewalt

ewalt_donald2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/ewalt_donald.html

The one thing that is inconsistent is his hair color. However,
&#8226; He very strongly resembles the facial reconstruction.
&#8226; His height (5&#8217;9&#8221;) matches that of the UP
&#8226; His age (22) is a little low, but not excessively so.
&#8226; The timeframe (just under 1 year) would not be a problem if you go on the assumption that his death didn&#8217;t occur at the time that he disappeared.
&#8226; Since California and Texas are both investigating the disappearance, it doesn&#8217;t seem unreasonable that he would be found far from the location in which he was last seen.

In response to Pamela Strassel's e-mail informing me of the Bruce Walls rule-out I submitted one more possible that was on my "tentatives" list:

Donald Cary Ewalt

ewalt_donald2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/ewalt_donald.html

The one thing that is inconsistent is his hair color. However,
&#8226; He very strongly resembles the facial reconstruction.
&#8226; His height (5&#8217;9&#8221;) matches that of the UP
&#8226; His age (22) is a little low, but not excessively so.
&#8226; The timeframe (just under 1 year) would not be a problem if you go on the assumption that his death didn&#8217;t occur at the time that he disappeared.
&#8226; Since California and Texas are both investigating the disappearance, it doesn&#8217;t seem unreasonable that he would be found far from the location in which he was last seen.

I don't think there were any missing men between 1975 and 1980 between the ages of 15-40 who had red/auburn hair so if the missing person is in Namus, it would have be brown hair.

I'm not sure what the "I may turn red" is supposed to mean, but if it is alluding to his hair color, it seems to suggest that it was previously some other color. Perhaps he dyed or bleached his hair to disguise his appearance for some reason.

The shirt might be a cute pun on stopping at red lights, with the phrase meaning, "I may blush, but don't stop any romantic gestures." That's how I interpreted it, anyway. It's hard to tell from the grainy black-and-white photo on NamUs but it appears to be an iron-on decal that would be put on at a t-shirt shop.

The reconstruction looks like he could possibly be Hispanic/Latino. I wonder if he could be someone who immigrated from Cuba and most of his family is still there (and maybe hence why he may not have been reported missing).

I wish I knew how to insert images on this site.

I took a look again and I still think Maxwell Allen Graham looks alot like the UID.

besides the age, height and hair color (brown vs. auburn), they both had shoulder length hair. in addition, while there is no weight estimate for the UID, he was wearing 30" waist underwear and 32" waist jeans. Maxwell weighed 150 lbs for a 5'10" frame so a 30-32" waist is right on target.

not a bad resemblance Amber but nowhere is Koziatek's height listed (at least as far as I can see).

I think in the Websleuth's post for his disappearance, Roman, a friend of his, remembered him as being about 5'8" or 5'9".

Looks pretty good on facial shape, though the bridge of his nose is more broad.

You have a ten-month difference, but the circumstances don't indicate whether he might have been a victim of foul play. He could have disappeared voluntarily and might have been on the street for that period of time, in which case, the time lag would be no problem.

The distance is certainly no problem - about 100 miles from West Palm Beach to Moore Haven.

He is a little young compared to the John Doe, and there's no mention that his hair is reddish (but that's neither here nor there).

Nevertheless, I would say he should be looked at.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back