2011.04.12 Adam Baker Arrested

FaerieB

Reaction score
Adam Baker has been arrested and jailed on a charge each of Obtaining Property by False Pretenses and Identity Theft.

WCNC's report is here.
Hickory Daily Record's report is here.
WSOC's report is here. ("Police said the charges filed against Adam Baker on Tuesday are related to obtaining services from Duke Energy.")
Fox news report is here.

His police department is here:

ABmugshot.jpg

His jail picture is here:

abjail.jpg

And this is what it reads on the Who's In Jail site.

BAKER,ADAM TROY 4/12/2011 <address> 33 OBTAIN PROPERTY FALSE PRETENSE $10,000.00 4/13/2011 11 CR 52093 HICKORY POLICE DEPT
IDENTITY THEFT 4/13/2011 11 CR 52094 HICKORY POLICE DEPT

Looks like he won't be leaving the good ole US for a while, doesn't it?

Wonder if LE thought he was planning to leave regardless...

I find the timing interesting for sure. This has to have been known about by LE for some time and yet the charges fall immediately after AB announces through his attorney that he hopes to head for Australia.

Interesting indeed.

I find the timing interesting for sure. This has to have been known about by LE for some time and yet the charges fall immediately after AB announces through his attorney that he hopes to head for Australia.

Interesting indeed.

I'm also quite sure LE knew about this months ago. I thought he was already out on bond for other charges, and normally one's passport is confiscated, so I'm still at a loss how he could've returned to Australia anyway. :waitasec: MOO

eta - Just saw on another thread he supposedly paid off the checks. Never mind!

I'm also quite sure LE knew about this months ago. I thought he was already out on bond for other charges, and normally one's passport is confiscated, so I'm still at a loss how he could've returned to Australia anyway. :waitasec: MOO

eta - Just saw on another thread he supposedly paid off the checks. Never mind!

BBM or someone who feels kindly toward him. I think the passport was still in LE custody a) it was seized as evidence during the search warrant and b) I think Australia wanted custody of him after the states were done with him because of the leaving the leaving Australia unauthorized thing. I cannot recall if Australia was unhappy with the illegal marriage situation or the paperwork for Zahra's exit from Australia being falsified.

Does anyone else remember exactly what Australia said in regards to the illegal alien thing?

The wheels on the bus go round and round... ;)

:great::great::great::great::great::great::great:

He going no where:great:

I don't get it:

Police said the charges filed against Adam Baker on Tuesday are related to obtaining services from Duke Energy.

So was he trying to get gas and electric service by using another name? Seems like a petty charge to me, but maybe it's because I'm not seeing the big picture here.

MOO

Mel

I don't get it:

Police said the charges filed against Adam Baker on Tuesday are related to obtaining services from Duke Energy.

So was he trying to get gas and electric service by using another name? Seems like a petty charge to me, but maybe it's because I'm not seeing the big picture here.

MOO

Mel

In NC Identity Theft is a Class G or F felony. (difference between the two is if it is one or more persons). Obtaining property by false pretenses is a Class H felony. G & F carry more time (about 16 months for a level 1 offender) and H carries 6 months for the same level.

Yes, it's not a murder charge but a conviction of a felony carries a lot of weight for the rest of a persons life. For instance in the USA (states have different rights) a felon can not vote, carry a gun or run for office, serve on a jury and hold some occupations. It's very difficult to get a job at all after being convicted. Of course in Australia it might be different if AB goes back there.

In AB's case I believe this is a stall tactic. It seems it's already caused a cancellation of the meeting to possibly restore his passport next Tuesday. For me this is a good thing in his case. :great: l

I have been wondering since the rental house was ruined and the bosses truck ruined
with gasoline, could AB be responsible for any of that also?
More charges coming? Higher bail? flight risk?
Is he in the same jail as EB wife???

So, he used someone else's name to open utility accounts at their house? I really have to wonder why they are charging him with these crimes and nothing (yet) related to Zahra.

In NC Identity Theft is a Class G or F felony. (difference between the two is if it is one or more persons). Obtaining property by false pretenses is a Class H felony. G & F carry more time (about 16 months for a level 1 offender) and H carries 6 months for the same level.

Yes, it's not a murder charge but a conviction of a felony carries a lot of weight for the rest of a persons life. For instance in the USA (states have different rights) a felon can not vote, carry a gun or run for office, serve on a jury and hold some occupations. It's very difficult to get a job at all after being convicted. Of course in Australia it might be different if AB goes back there.

In AB's case I believe this is a stall tactic. It seems it's already caused a cancellation of the meeting to possibly restore his passport next Tuesday. For me this is a good thing in his case. :great: l

I also expect more charges, however, for the moment they are charging him with what they believe they can prove and get a conviction on - and keep him in the U.S.. MOO

So, he used someone else's name to open utility accounts at their house? I really have to wonder why they are charging him with these crimes and nothing (yet) related to Zahra.

I believe they are still building a case re: Zahra. No D.A. wants the defendant to request a speedy trial when they aren't totally prepared to win the case. MOO

I know, right? It's been suggested that Adam Baker wrote the ransom note, and not that I would ever believe Elisa Baker, she indicated Adam did something horrifying to Zahra after she died. Do I think Adam was part of the dismemberment? You bethca.

Adam Baker said that he didn't know Zahra was missing initially because he thought she was sleeping whenever he got home from work. A walk to her bedroom revealed what looked like a sleeping body, he said.

In court documents that were unsealed Tuesday, it was revealed that Zahra Clare Baker was likely dismembered in the bathtub of the Baker house in Hickory.

How many times did he go into that bedroom and see what looked like a sleeping body that just happened to be in the same position (unless it was moved everyday). It makes NO sense to me at all.

And how does one dismember a body in the family home without the other occupants not noticing. Whoops - all that blood! My bad!

But, hey, that's okay, they now have him on this utility service fraud!

What a strange world I live in.

Moo

Mel

:woohoo:Just came on and seen the new media links. I realize these charges have nothing to do with Zahra's murder, (or maybe they do in some indirect way) but it still gives me an overwhelming feeling in my heart to see AB behind bars. Gives me hope there is more to come. It's a happy day.

:great:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back