11-year-old takes wheel and moms pulse after mom has seizure

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
Three years ago, when she was in second grade, Sage Encapera of Perryopolis said a paramedic came to her school and taught her class how to check a person’s pulse, telling them a normal pulse follows the beat of the song “Happy Birthday.”
The lesson stuck with her, but she never put it to use until Friday.
After her mother passed out while driving, the 11-year-old grabbed the wheel with one hand and checked her mother’s pulse with the other, all the while steering the car in the bustling Friday afternoon traffic on Route 51.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/news/...cle_476737bb-bd7e-5196-908e-7237c601ff67.html

What an amazing young girl!

Wow, what a composed kid in such a scary situation! Kudos to this young lady. Her mom must be so proud of her actions.

What a neat kid! I'm not sure I would have been able to do that at her age. :rocker:

I think there is another incident that occurred at another well-known restaurant. I don't like this.

Who puts alcohol in a sippie cup? Well, I mean a working waiter/ess.

I think there is another incident that occurred at another well-known restaurant. I don't like this.

Who puts alcohol in a sippie cup? Well, I mean a working waiter/ess.

Psstt...wrong thread, RayStar, lol.

Wow, if she had steered the car and taken the pulse, all while drinking a margarita out of a sippy cup, I would be even more impressed!:floorlaugh:

That is some serious multitasking. That's a very bright and courageous child.

How terrific! She must be so proud of herself! (hope Mom gets checked out thoroughly, she must be horrified!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back