GUILTY TX - Donald Frye, 41, shot to death at his Atascocita home, 11 April 2011

noZme

Reaction score
4/12/2011 Donald William Frye III, executive with DHL, found by his wife shot to death last night in his own driveway. The 41 year old father of 3 was discovered when his wife awakened to find he had not come to bed after going out to return a video that night. Cops say it may be a botched robbery. Neighbors report hearing a single gunshot.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/27523956/index.html

Wrong story link. This link is to the twin brothers who lived with their dead mother for 3 months.

Wrong story link. This link is to the twin brothers who lived with their dead mother for 3 months.

Well phooey, too late to fix that! I saw this case on the click2houston video page when reading that other story. Thanks for the link Blondie. I searched Mr Frye in the Houston Chronicle with no results. I hope this story gets recognition & the killer is soon caught. Seems the theory is someone followed him from the neighborhood store, perhaps caught a look at $$$ in his wallet.

ETA~ I went back to the original link, this story is on the same page, under that headline video. It is the same basic info as the MSNBC link.

Sounds extremely suspicious. Hopefully they're looking at his wife first. I have watched too many "Snapped" episodes!

I was Playing golf with him on that monday in a tourney. We left the country club at 7:30. Or so. I do think it was a botched robbery. We had been drinking beer all day! Was crazy for this to happen

Welcome to WS fuzz, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope it gets solved fast.

fuzz, I also welcome you to this forum & am sorry for the loss of your friend ( & co-worker?) Mr Frye seems like a nice guy. If you would like to share something about him , please do.

So, the running theory is that he was followed home & attacked as he got out of his car?

Im thinking more the shooter was already in the neighborhood, seeing someone go to an atm is one thing, but he was just dropping off a movie. Also look at that neighborhood, its very $$$ish, but I don't see a gated entrance.. 9:40 pm is awfully early for a robber to strike without taking the wallet.. but who knows, extramartial affairs, robber didnt plan to shoot and got spooked? Not sure

Don was a great family man that went to church md loved to play golf nd drink beer. I spoke woth his sister this morning nd gave her the last pic of him. She said he took 2 movies back to the redbox came home put his shoes in the closet heard a noise and went outside and someone shot and killed him. The cops think sm1 was breaking into a car and he caught them in the act. He tried to run but was shot in the back. He was the vp for dhl o north american operations. This was a shock to a tight knit community. The family is setting up a golf scholarship in his name as well.

Don was a great family man that went to church md loved to play golf nd drink beer. I spoke woth his sister this morning nd gave her the last pic of him. She said he took 2 movies back to the redbox came home put his shoes in the closet heard a noise and went outside and someone shot and killed him. The cops think sm1 was breaking into a car and he caught them in the act. He tried to run but was shot in the back. He was the vp for dhl o north american operations. This was a shock to a tight knit community. The family is setting up a golf scholarship in his name as well.

bbm

How does LE know this? The wife didn't report it, I don't think. Did they have surveillance cameras at their home, I wonder...?

Frye's body was not discovered until three hours later when Frye's wife awoke and found her husband not in bed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42561631/ns/local_news-houston_tx/

His golf shoes were in the closet and he was barefooted. I do believe thats the conclusion they came up with. He may have gone outside to get smthing out of his truck i dont know. Never believe the full news story they will not give full correct info due to investgative purposes.

Fuzz once again sorry for your loss, he will get justice .

Donny and I lived in Saudi Arabia together and I have very fond memories of our time together. I was so saddened and shocked by the news of his death. I hurt so badly for his family. I do hope that the arrest they made is indeed the killer. Donny will be missed by all who knew and loved him.

From August 2012:

http://abc13.com/archive/8761534/

Bobby Dean Jones, the now 18-year-old shooter who fired the deadly bullet, was convicted of capital murder June 8 and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

A Harris County jury brought down a guilty verdict on accomplice Giovanni Mora, now 19 and also from Crosby, on July 25. He, too, was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole...

Bruce Lee Taylor, a 31-year-old Houston man believed to have been the getaway driver on the night of Frye's murder, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon... and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back