State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurtz didn't get far b4 early recess. Barely got into invalid time stamps of google image files

sounds like more blackout and no twitter could be a quite day

We first have to wait to find out if we even have court today since it ended yesterday with an ill juror.

From Twitter:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Will do our best to post updates asap. RT @hotpinkstef: @wral Can you tell us anything on #coopertrial w/ judge's order no phones/laptops?

From Twitter:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Yes, we plan to livestream #coopertrial once this FBI witness is done. RT @HalfaSlice: @wral Will livefeed start back up after this witness?

WRAL has a clip of the judge yesterday getting angry about someone in the courtroom blogging about the case on the internet. Anyone know what the deal is?

WRAL has a clip of the judge yesterday getting angry about someone in the courtroom blogging about the case on the internet. Anyone know what the deal is?

Can you link to the clip? I can't find it on their site.

It appears that there was a group of people who post on WRAL at golo, that believe BC innocent, and they went to court yesterday.

First the judge admonished the spectators about staring at the jury. It made the jurists feel uncomfortable.

Then I THINK he complained about some of what was being said on golo about participants in the case, ie LE and him, I think...............

Then he got upset about someone reporting directly from the courtroom about the revelation about BC accessing the Google search of the site where NC was ultimately found.

So at the end of the day, he announced, no tweets, no cell phones, no electronic device use from the courtroom, including media.

hth
fran

I would like the link as well. I've spent the past hour going back over all of yesterday's post trying to find it. I watched the clip yesterday but can't find it today.

If the judge figured that internet stuff was resulting in people coming into the courtroom and staring at the jury, damn right he gets mad.

Anyone know why the judge got so angry? Was there something online which violated a juror's confidentiality? Or info on an undercover officer?

I don't know the details but in the link--Amanda Lamb's coverage--the news about the Google search on Brad's computer apparently went viral just seconds after the testimony. The judge was very angry that what was going on in his courtroom was being tweeted or talked about outside the courtroom, or something to that effect based on what he said when he then banned all cell phones and laptops. Other than that, I don't know.

I don't know the details but in the link--Amanda Lamb's coverage--the news about the Google search on Brad's computer apparently went viral just seconds after the testimony. The judge was very angry that what was going on in his courtroom was being tweeted or talked about outside the courtroom, or something to that effect based on what he said when he then banned all cell phones and laptops. Other than that, I don't know.

I believe AL's coverage on this was way too vague. I'd like to know specifics. The courtroom is open to the public, it is videotaped, and everyone has a right to free speech. Of course people discuss the case.

The only thing I can figure is it had to do with a leak of confidential information or as Grit suggested, juror intimidation.

But we don't know any details...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member