Former attorney LKB says Casey lied- no Zenaida

Capri

Reaction score
Thought this deserved a thread of it's own, since the implications here are many. How will this affect DT strategy? What about Attorney client priveledge. It doesn't end just b/c LKB is no longer on the DT. Or is it part of the DT plan to allow LKB to put this out there?

Original posting by WenWe4:

LKB admits KC lied . . . . .

"Linda Kenney Baden, who left the defense team in October, said, "She lied. Sure. I think everyone knows that was a lie," referring to Casey’s claim that Caylee was kidnapped by a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez."video @ this link
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/27539714/index.html

(eta: watch @ the very end of this video clip - the news anchor claps her hands)

article @ this link
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27538935/detail.html

If Casey lied as per LBK that says G,C, and Lee lied as well.

I personally don't see how she can get away with saying that. She was ICA's attorney, and can't go blabbing to the public that her client lied. That is unethical in SO many ways (true or not). I don't care for the DT, but I want a fair trial here. what if she continues to babble about everything ICA said to her? Is this her way of helping the defense team get a mistrial (and losing her license to practice).

Ughhhhh!

MOO

Mel

Thought this was spot on:

"

Wouldn’t that violate attorney-client privilege?

“The general rule is as attorneys we are supposed to keep confidences and secrets of clients, even after we are no longer their attorney,” said Professor Bob Jarvis of Nova Southeastern University Law Center. “We take these things to our graves. There are limited instances where an attorney can reveal a client’s confidence and secrets.”

Jarvis said he didn’t think Kenney Baden’s statement would fit those limited instances.

Even if Kenney Baden’s comment is just her opnion, it seems unwise and unprofessional for an attorney to make such comments about a former client who has not had her day in court"

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...rs-mystery-raises-more-ethical-questions.html

This blows my mind!!! What is the purpose of this statement by LKB? How is this helpful for kc's defense? What part of this makes sense to anyone for a "former" Atty for KC makes these statements so close to the trial?

ICA is the only one who can release the attorney from their obligations under the attorney-clent privilege.

LKB knows that and wouldn't get on tv, and blatently breach the attorney-client privilegeSo, I have to assume she has the blessings of the DT as well as ICA. How does this fit into DT strategy. Why did they want to get this out there?

THIS...

Jarvis also weighed in on attorneys talking to the media.

“Lawyers talk too much. They really do, they just do,” he said. “Some lawyers do it on purpose because they are publicity hounds. I tell lawyers never talk to the media. You can inadvertently slip up. In these high-profile cases, it’s hard to remember what has already come out, what does the public know, what is still a client secret.”

Jarvis also weighed in on attorneys talking to the media.

“Lawyers talk too much. They really do, they just do,” he said. “Some lawyers do it on purpose because they are publicity hounds. I tell lawyers never talk to the media. You can inadvertently slip up. In these high-profile cases, it’s hard to remember what has already come out, what does the public know, what is still a client secret.”

AND THIS IS TROUBLING IMHO.....

Also in “48 Hours Mystery,” Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi weighs in on the Anthony case.

“I was shocked they would go to someone so far removed from the case,” said Bill Sheaffer, WFTV-Channel 9’s legal analyst.

But there’s an ethical issue here as well, as WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone pointed out in a report: Bondi’s office would oppose an appeal if Anthony is convicted.

:waitasec:

I wish this former attorney for ICA would have told us "something" we DO NOT KNOW ...

We have known since day one that Zanny the Nanny is a "fairy tale" ...

ICA is the only one who can release the attorney from their obligations under the attorney-clent privilege.

LKB knows that and wouldn't get on tv, and blatently breach the attorney-client privilegeSo, I have to assume she has the blessings of the DT as well as ICA. How does this fit into DT strategy. Why did they want to get this out there?

To lessen the impact at trial? I think she's doing it as part of a DT strategy/plan. They want to get that little inconvenience right out of the way...and have it lead into Casey's mental state/excuses as part of her odd behaviors. They aren't saying that Casey lied about being innocent of murder. They are saying she is disturbed and a liar...which goes right back to them getting the message out there that her strange behavior doesn't mean guilt. IMO.

Thought this deserved a thread of it's own, since the implications here are many. How will this affect DT strategy? What about Attorney client priveledge. It doesn't end just b/c LKB is no longer on the DT. Or is it part of the DT plan to allow LKB to put this out there?

Original posting by WenWe4:

I think this is one of those "pink elephants in the room" that JB was telling the judge about.

I personally don't see how she can get away with saying that. She was ICA's attorney, and can't go blabbing to the public that her client lied. That is unethical in SO many ways (true or not). I don't care for the DT, but I want a fair trial here. what if she continues to babble about everything ICA said to her? Is this her way of helping the defense team get a mistrial (and losing her license to practice).

Ughhhhh!

MOO

Mel

Well Baez stated Casey lied several times when he was deposing Yuri iirc.

Well Baez stated Casey lied several times when he was deposing Yuri iirc.

Right, ICA lying was already put out there by Baez, so the only difference is this one's about Zanny.

Wondering if Cindy & George are feeling betrayed at this point since they backed ICA, or if they knew this was coming. Seems to me like all of this is so leaks/statements can get out in the public without ICA having to take the stand and say them.

Right, ICA lying was already put out there by Baez, so the only difference is this one's about Zanny.

Wondering if Cindy & George are feeling betrayed at this point since they backed ICA, or if they knew this was coming. Seems to me like all of this is so leaks/statements can get out in the public without ICA having to take the stand and say them.

If the DT plans on using Z-T-N in its arguments, then what LKB said just blew that out of the water. The only thing LKB did was help the State. Once the State introduces ICA's original written statement about Z-T-N, the jury will know she lied. Then they will have to assume since she lied about that, she's lying about everything else.

This does not bode well for ICA to get a fair trial. It just doesn't. Yes, I know ICA lied, we all know ICA lied. But that doesn't give LKB, her former attorney to confirm to everyone this is a lie.

According to wiki: The privilege may be waived if the confidential communications are disclosed to third parties.

So, ICA had to have told someone other than her attorney(s) that Z-T-N does not exist. We can assume it's not G, C, or L because they're still yapping about her. After all, Z had a white dog, and if there was a white dog there was a Z-T-N.

Sorry, but I'm just not feeling good about this.

MOO

Mel

MOO- DT will try to get expert physiologist to state that ICA is a complusive liar and has been all her life. That her actions after her daughter is missing is consistant with her normal character so therefore it really doesn't go to actions of a guilty person.

This is why JB when questioning Yuri mentioned it and also why LKB mentioned it too. They are trying to get out there in case the Judge denies the physiologist is able to testify.

The DT may be thinking as part of their strategy: KC lied...so what? That doesn't mean she's a murderer.

I could be off base though, but in my opinion, LKB is just shilling for the DT via the media instead of the courtroom.

I think this is one of those "pink elephants in the room" that JB was telling the judge about.

ICA is not on trial for "lying".....she is on trial for murder. All of this smoke about lying doesn't explain how they are going to explain away a little body, in trash bags, around the corner from ICA's house.

JB:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, YES, YES my client lied. YES, YES she has shown absolutely no emotion about her child lying double bagged in a wooded lot around the corner from her house. YES, YES there is no evidence that the imaginanny even existed. But NO, NO my client didn't do it. SODDI. She lied, but I'm not. You can believe me, I promise".

but, but.... she had a white dog????:floorlaugh:

LOL - here's a good thread about the white dog:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82752"]Zanny's White Dog - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Mel

Any thoughts as to who is behind this disgusting strategy? It seems beyond Baez and I suspect it is one of Mason's tricks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back