County Antrim UK mystery - Trapped schoolboy begged for help as train loomed

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The frantic last phone call of schoolboy with his hand caught in cattle grid moments before train killed him (Daily Mail)
A teenager made a frantic last phone call to his father as he lay trapped in front of an oncoming train, an inquest heard.

Ryan Quinn, 14, whose hand was trapped in a cattle grid, said in the tragic cry for help: 'Daddy, you are going to have to come quickly. I cannot get out, my knuckle is stuck.'

But as his father Ivan rushed to the scene the schoolboy was run over by the oncoming train.

Moments before he died, he claimed he had been attacked in a nearby bar and was being chased in Portrush, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
(more at link above)
The coroner heard that Ryan Quinn was three times over the legal driving limit for alcohol when he was killed.
---
Train driver Ian Cairns said he believed he had seen somebody running away from the line a split second before the collision.

"I suddenly had a flashback, it was so vivid it gave me goosebumps," he said.

"I am convinced there was someone else on the track prior to the train hitting Ryan Quinn."

BBC NEWS more at link
and finally, from the Daily Record
The Public Prosecution has told the dead boy's family there is insufficient evidence to bring a case against two suspects. Police have been unable to prove how the St Joseph's College, Coleraine, pupil came to be lying on the line when the train hit him.

His family is convinced he was murdered.

I hope that if someone else is involved, that their guilt will bring them foward.... Such a sad story :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back