Canada's pot laws go up in smoke...

Thyme

Reaction score
If the federal government doesn't fix the medical marijuana system, pot will be legal to grow and possess in less than 90 days. Will Cheech and Chong head north?

BONG! Some reports say that's the sound an Ontario judge's gavel made when he ruled our pot laws unconstitutional earlier this week....

http://news.sympatico.ca/oped/coffee-talk/canadas_pot_laws_go_up_in_smoke/da2c93d8

Some interesting comments below article with the majority pro-legalization.

Quote: The sobering report concluded that the generators often used to power all the lights and fans for indoor grow-ops produce 17 million metric tons of carbon dioxide each year. It takes more than 250 liters of diesel fuel to produce one indoor pot plant.

That means a single joint represents two pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.

The good news: efficiency improvements of 75 per cent are conceivable, the author writes, just by moving the growing plants outdoors.

A huge point, imo.

If the federal government doesn't fix the medical marijuana system, pot will be legal to grow and possess in less than 90 days. Will Cheech and Chong head north?

BONG! Some reports say that's the sound an Ontario judge's gavel made when he ruled our pot laws unconstitutional earlier this week....

http://news.sympatico.ca/oped/coffee-talk/canadas_pot_laws_go_up_in_smoke/da2c93d8

Some interesting comments below article with the majority pro-legalization.

Pot should definitely be legal (and taxed)! I'm all about Canada blazing that trail. :)

Hmmm...so Evan Mills came up with this data on the U.S. grow-ops from horticultural equipment retailers...funny that is. This data is not based on any actual study on grow-ops. Now how could they base a study on that... hmmm....just by going on the one's that got busted perhaps? I believe that would also be incorrect.

Regarding Doctor's not signing off on this,here we have no problem if the patient is not responding to any other treatment,regardless that these Doctors[IMO]are in the pockets of the Pharmaceutical Industry as they push prescriptions like there is no tomorrow. Legalized drug pushers!!

I have a dear old friend applying for medical marijuana, Doc gave him the site addy for forms...I printed out the forms from Health Canada for him three months ago, forms all filled and sent in...he has yet to hear back.

Regarding growing outside...where I live there is only a few months of the year that it is warm enough..if we are lucky. Greenhouses are the only realistic option. Outside the deer eat them. I used to have twelve large garden boxes for veggies, five by ten, put up eight feet of gill-net around to keep out the deer..would wake in the morning to find deer in the boxes.... trapped...veggies devoured. These must have been leapin flippin reindeer. The horses that could have knocked down those fences with no problem never touched them.

Onward through the fog->->->

I call ShotGun!

:great:
RR

Okay, now THAT's some funny chit! Even though I don't have a prescription for weed and haven't seen any in years.

(Extra points for the pun on "shotgun"!)

it's not like the cops really care about pot here anyway ...

it's the pills, oxy's and meth that are destroying lives and contributing to crime right now

Okay, now THAT's some funny chit! Even though I don't have a prescription for weed and haven't seen any in years.

(Extra points for the pun on "shotgun"!)

Score! :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back