Catherine Zeta Jones checks herself into mental health facility

DollyPardonMe

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Wow! I was really disappointed to come to the Celebrity thread and not find anything about Catherine Zeta Jones checking herself into a mental health facility for treatment of her Bipolar Disorder. Due to the stigma of mental illness it took great courage for her to announce to the world that she suffers from Bipolar Disorder! I have read in the past that she is sometimes difficult to work with when filming and I now understand. She has been through a great deal of stress with her husband battling cancer and I applaud her for handling this and her disorder with courage and grace.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20481540,00.html

I hadn't heard this! thank you for the link. She is a very courageous woman. Kudo's to her for going to get help! That must have been a hard thing to do, but she must be one strong woman!

Thank you so much for sharing this, Dolly! I truly believe if more people felt comfortable sharing their struggles with mental illness the world would be a lot kinder and more understanding to those who suffer.

Hoping Catherine is getting the help she needs and is back to her family very soon.

Best of luck to Catherine for a speedy recovery.
Things have been difficult for her with MD's illness I'm sure.

I adore her and think she is a wonderful actress.

Loved her in Entrapment.

Wishing her and her family the best.

Goz

Wow! I was really disappointed to come to the Celebrity thread and not find anything about Catherine Zeta Jones checking herself into a mental health facility for treatment of her Bipolar Disorder.

We were waiting on you to post, love.:blowkiss:

Indeed this was very brave of CZJ. She could have easily kept that on the QT. No doubt she has helped someone out there by revealing.

Always she is so classy and reserved and calm and demure. Now that speaks greater volume.

I hope she gets good treatment!

Salem

I have a new found respect for Catherine. I'm so happy that she was honest and didn't use a stupid excuse like exhaustion. I pray for her and her family. They have been through some really hard times as of lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back