VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

Truthful Lies

Reaction score
Robert Lee Hourihan,33
news-hourihan.jpg

"Fluvanna County sheriff’s officials are looking for a Columbia man who disappeared en route to work on Friday.

Robert Lee Hourihan was seen Friday morning en route to his job in Richmond, according to Fluvanna sheriff’s Lt. David R. Wells."

http://www.readthehook.com/90026/family-man-relatives-fear-missing-fluvanna-man

So, he was on his way to work and detoured from his normal route - I know those roads well. Last call was made at 7:41 AM and then POOF?! Nothing!?

Let's get going, WSers (if you will!)

This is in my backyard and I can do any foot work needed. The Thomas Jefferson Parkway is where Monticello is. They are reporting multiple sightings of the vehicle later the day he disappeared but don't know if he was the driver. Left daily medication - doesn't sound like he intended to disappear!

Praying for this family....starting to wrack my brain for ideas. Help?

http://www.nbc29.com/story/14432482/fluvanna-sheriff-searching-for-missing-person

Hourihan was last seen by his wife on April 08, 2011 when he left for work at 6:30 AM and later that morning, around 7:40 AM, on Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Route 53). Hourihan has not been seen or heard from since.

Hourihan was driving a white 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier with Virginia personalized license plates of "TARAMAE".

I feel so sorry for his wife. :( She is devastated, as evidenced by her FB postings.

Thanks, Surfie. This case really bothers me for some reason...a very much in love couple with a daughter he adores. What in the heck could have happened? I don't see his car being in a ditch or anything...I'm sure they've checked those areas.

What does disturb me is the report of his car being seen exiting 1-64 on 5th street (Cville) and them not knowing if he was the driver. That throws this in a different direction if the sighting is correct.

Did he ever stop in the mornings for coffee or gas at a particular convenience store?

Is he an electrician? If so, my hubs is a plumber and sometimes he will have to pick up parts on his way to a job if he doesn't have what he needs on his truck. Perhaps he was stopping at a supply house?

Both good questions, Surfie. I'm going to try to pull up a map of the area and post...show you the route he would have taken vs. the last sighting. (Try is the operative word...let's see how good I am at this!)

I really stink with maps. I'm looking at his travel routes (and what people in that area normally drive. 53 is really the only work-around from Rt 20). Shannon Hill Road connects to 64 much further east. He definitely was making a stop or something like that. You don't just jump on 53 for the heck of it....were there any road blocks that day? I remember having storms around then...and there was some damage. Those roads have trees lining them and any downage could have blocked the road.

Why did he go so far west to get on 64? I've located Shannon Hill Rd/, as well. I'm having a hard time posting the map.

I stink at maps too. That's why I adore Hollye. Maybe she'll pop over on this thread and help us out.

Another thought - it was Friday which is payday for a lot of folks. Did he stop at a bank? What do the bank records show - any significant withdrawal(s) that morning? Was he known to carry cash?

Okay, here we go. This is how far the distance is on I-64 from 53 to Shannon Hill.

(Of course, I hate to point it out, but North Garden is also on this map - Morgan Harrington - I doubt connected but interesting).

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 117
I stink at maps too. That's why I adore Hollye. Maybe she'll pop over on this thread and help us out.

Another thought - it was Friday which is payday for a lot of folks. Did he stop at a bank? What do the bank records show - any significant withdrawal(s) that morning? Was he known to carry cash?

Great thought about payday...I have to go to Cville to do banking. However, it was Friday morning...would he have been paid yet?

I'd love to know who the last call was made to and what cell phone service provider he uses (with AT&T, I have no coverage for almost 30 minutes on rt 20) =P

Great thought about payday...I have to go to Cville to do banking. However, it was Friday morning...would he have been paid yet?

I'd love to know who the last call was made to and what cell phone service provider he uses (with AT&T, I have no coverage for almost 30 minutes on rt 20) =P

Hubs and I have direct deposit. He is paid weekly and his DD is credited at 1:00 a.m. on Friday morning and available for withdrawal anytime after that. Yes, his cell phone records would be nice to see as well.

I'm actually heading up RT 29 today...going to look and see if there's an official missing poster that I can put up along the way. If not, I'd best get busy making one! Also wondering if there's a FB page for him yet.

I found his wife's FB page, but did not find anything for him so far.

One more thing, since he had personalized plates on the car, it is likely that someone changed the plates (if they have his car). Therefore, people should be alerted to the Winny the Poo sticker on the back.

Does anyone know which poster in our WS family is adept at creating the posters? I have before but not very good at it =D I can't find an official one and am waiting for a reply about it.

One more thing, since he had personalized plates on the car, it is likely that someone changed the plates (if they have his car). Therefore, people should be alerted to the Winny the Poo sticker on the back.

I'm guessing they would remove the sticker too..but there would be residue, I'm sure. I'd love to see an actual picture of the car and where the sticker was placed, etc. Any noticeable dings or scratches?

ETA: in and around this area, there are properties that sometimes just have like ten rotting cars sitting on them...I'll have a peek-sy into the ones I know. Glad the car is white. Makes it easier than if it were darker with the leaves growing in.

Does anyone know which poster in our WS family is adept at creating the posters? I have before but not very good at it =D I can't find an official one and am waiting for a reply about it.

Lavanda Dolce

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back