GUILTY FL - Seath Jackson, 1, brutally murdered, Summerfield, 17 April 2011

This is making me :sick: What is wrong with people??? :banghead:

Six arrested; accused of killing, burning teen boy

Several Marion County youths are accused of killing a teen boy this past weekend and then burning his body to get rid of evidence of their crime, according to the sheriff's office.

The suspects, who range in age from 15 to 20, reportedly lured Seath Tyler Jackson, of Belleview, to a Summerfield home on Sunday, hit him, and shot him multiple times, according to arrest affidavits filed in the case.

Charlie Kay Ely, 18; Amber E. Wright, 15; Michael Shane Bargo, 18; Justin Soto, 20; and Kyle Lonnie-Duan Hooper, 16, all of Summerfield, have been charged with first-degree murder. James Young Havens III, 37, also of Summerfield, is charged with accessory after the fact to first-degree murder.

As he was released from jail on bond, Havens said he hadn't believed that the youngsters would actually go through with the crime they planned and that he was worried about his own future.

"I'm looking at a lot of years [in prison] right now," he said. "I'm scared."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

And according to the Sentinel the stepfather knew in advance! He even helped with the cleanup! Why isn't he being charged? Ok, he has been charged for after the fact according to the second article.

To some extent I blame the 'gangsta' subculture. Unless you can prove you are 'tough' and 'mean' you aren't cool. Being 'nice' or 'helpful' means you are 'soft' and 'useless'. And I hate that. Why aren't those considered virtues anymore?

And according to the Sentinel the stepfather knew in advance! He even helped with the cleanup! Why isn't he being charged?

To some extent I blame the 'gangsta' subculture. Unless you can prove you are 'tough' and 'mean' you aren't cool. Being 'nice' or 'helpful' means you are 'soft' and 'useless'. And I hate that. Why aren't those considered virtues anymore?

He is. The 37 yr. old. As accessory after the fact! :banghead::banghead:

This is just unreal, from the same article at the Orlando Sentinel:

The teens and Soto then placed Seath's body in a bathtub so Bargo could break Seath's knees in order to place him in a bag more easily. Soto said he and Bargo realized that Seath was still alive, so Bargo shot the boy again. Seath's body was then placed into a blue bag.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-arrests-teen-murder-20110420,0,5889058.story

He is. The 37 yr. old. As accessory after the fact! :banghead::banghead:

This is just unreal, from the same article at the Orlando Sentinel:

The teens and Soto then placed Seath's body in a bathtub so Bargo could break Seath's knees in order to place him in a bag more easily. Soto said he and Bargo realized that Seath was still alive, so Bargo shot the boy again. Seath's body was then placed into a blue bag.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-arrests-teen-murder-20110420,0,5889058.story

Yeah I saw that in the second article.

Why would this stepfather help? I mean so far these kids don't sound like bad kids. Some indicated at least some remorse. So it sounds like if the stepfather had given them at least some guidance, have talked with their parents this whole thing might have been averted. Instead, he waits until after the fact then helps them clean up. I just don't understand.

I don't understand it either. One would think an adult who knew about this could have done something! :sheesh:

Even if he didn't care for the boy himself, did he not care for the stepkids and the other kids? Or for his wife and what pain she would go through when her kids are accused of murder? Heck, did he not care for himself, it is no secret that if you know a murder is about to be committed and you do nothing it is considered a crime.

Even if he didn't care for the boy himself, did he not care for the stepkids and the other kids? Or for his wife and what pain she would go through when her kids are accused of murder? Heck, did he not care for himself, it is no secret that if you know a murder is about to be committed and you do nothing it is considered a crime.

And yet so far he hasn't been charged as an accessory-BEFORE-the-fact, which I think is a more serious crime than after-the-fact. I wonder why? Maybe it's easier to prove after-the-fact since he took overt physical actions to help conceal the body.

I just don't understand what such people are thinking. I don't believe I've ever wanted anybody dead, but if I did, I think it would occur to me that most likely I would have to throw away my own life to make it happen.

The accomplices in these things always say, "I didn't think he'd go through with it," and I suppose that's part of how things go too far: everyone is assuming someone else will put on the brakes.

Maybe I don't understand because I've never had friends who sat around TALKING about killing someone. Nor have I ever wanted such friends.

His comment that "he did not think the boys would actually go through with it" <paraphrasing> is a pretty clear indication that he knew about this plan PRIOR to the actual event, so I am with the posters left bemused as to why the man has not also been charged with accessory BEFORE the fact.

I know what ya mean Nova. This is just beyond comprehension to me. We've heard about beatings with kids, over boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.... This is just .... I don't even have words. When an ADULT or should I say a supposed ADULT.... knew and did nothing.

How are these kids being raised? OMG the parents, what can they be thinking? My God, the one kid put him in a tub, to break his legs so he would fit in a bag? I just cannot get my head around it. :sick: :banghead::banghead:

Has this idiot ever stopped to think that perhaps the boys letting him in on what they planned to do was a cry for help, for someone, someone sane and oh, I don't know, mature, to stop them and be the voice or reason???

Guess not. :shakehead:

I know what ya mean Nova. This is just beyond comprehension to me. We've heard about beatings with kids, over boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.... This is just .... I don't even have words. When an ADULT or should I say a supposed ADULT.... knew and did nothing.

How are these kids being raised? OMG the parents, what can they be thinking? My God, the one kid put him in a tub, to break his legs so he would fit in a bag? I just cannot get my head around it. :sick: :banghead::banghead:

I don't have a link handy, but I think there are a number of studies that show that people in a group ("mob" is a better word) will feel emboldened to do things they wouldn't dare do as individuals. I'm sure something of that dynamic happened here.

But that doesn't explain the stepfather who did nothing to stop it.

I don't know how the statute is written in Florida. Maybe the stepdad isn't charged as an accomplice-before-the-fact because they can't identify an "overt act" he took in advance of the murder.

(ETA obviously, if unfortunately, people often say, "I'm going to kill so-and-so!" And almost never do they mean it literally. It would make sense that the law would require something other than just hearing a statement to make one an accomplice-before-the-fact. I'm guessing but I think things like acquiring the weapon, or luring the victim to his death, etc., would qualify.)

When he broke his kneecaps he realized that Jackson was still alive so he shot him again.

This kid is a scary dude.

To some extent I blame the 'gangsta' subculture.
I doubt this tragedy has as much, if anything, to do with gang culture, and more to do with the fact that parents are not educating their teens wrt the "fishbowl effect" of social networking. Sadly, the result can be deadly, whether the suicides Megan Meier and Phoebe Prince, or homicide of Seath Jackson.

The facebook that led up to the murder...

:eek:

What is it about social networking sites that gives posters so much bravado? I mean it isn't really anonymous, since most people use their real names on Facebook. So it must just be the fact that it is faceless that provokes people to escalate the wars of words.

It's not so much that they actually belong to the subculture, as they seem to want to emulate the gangsta subculture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back