2011.02.18 Depo: Tony Lazzarro - depo linked on pg. 5

I think Casey was/is a very insecure person (who wouldn't be with a mother like Cindy?) and used this "I was abused by my dad/brother" to garner sympathy from others - mostly boyfriends from what I've seen/heard; the only female I recall her telling this to was "Cookie" in the jailhouse letters.

She kinda sorta thinks her dad abused her and she doesn't get along with him at all, but Lee supposedly did abuse her and she loves him & Mallory?? Just doesn't make sense to me - and there has been abuse in my family so I've seen the (real) consequences.

I agree with Tony - why did the defense wait so long to depose him & Amy? :waitasec:

As for her feeding him and his friends so well on little or nothing...I guess he still doesn't realize she was stealing the food from her parents or spending Amy's money to do so! And to Amy's statement about Caylee being so well behaved that she just couldn't be abused: lots of children in an abusive situation know they darn well better behave in front of others. I realize these are young people without a lot of life experience (especially with someone like Casey) so maybe that's why they don't see through her or quite understand all of the dynamics.

The title of this article should be: Tony Lazarro- Casey claimed her father abused her

If she did get hit, IMO, that was attempted "discipline", not abuse. We can see how well it all worked. I know, I know, some are thinking well, if she hadn't been hit, maybe she wouldn't have done anything to Caylee that may have caused the situation she's in now. I don't believe that for one second. She was what we call in our family, a "spoiled brat". She still is. No wonder her father had a hard time getting himself together the last time he was on the stand. She's outrageous and even this malarky is not going to work for her at trial!!!!

She probably got a bit of tough love in the form of a good spanking from GA for lying.... :innocent:

Forgive me.... But why is this new? Did we not hear this a long time ago?

IIRC - We did.

She probably got a bit of tough love in the form of a good spanking from GA for lying.... :innocent:

Lying, scheming, stealing from her own grandfather! Got to remember, this claim is "Caseyspeak". Means nothing to me.

ICA says...ICA said...ICA claims... = take it with a grain of salt.

Having said that, and reading the entire article, it appears as though ICA was aware that her parents would be going for full custody of Caylee. Even before she was found by Cindy on that terrible day for Casey in July...

So I guess the Defense will claim ICA couldn't tell her parents that Caylee was missing (dead and rotting in a swamp) because she knew that they were already going after custody.

But as Richard Hornsby points out...she had multiple chances and opportunities to tell any number of people that Caylee was not with a fictious nanny. She chose not to. For her own benefit.

Her lies know no bounds apparently. AH said in the article (from AH's February depo) that ICA claimed she had no idea where the bad smell in her car came from and that it must have been that her father hit a squirrel. Always placing the blame elsewhere. Always that ICA. Such a great person. I think what Tony and AH saw up until ICA was busted was not the real Casey. The real Casey was the spiteful hateful stealing liar who only showed her true colors when she was caught. The real Casey is who we see in court. Not the fiction her parents have tried to create after the fact and during her life whenever she got into trouble. The real Casey is the one the Defense is trying desperately for us not to see. That is a grifter. A liar. A good time acquaintence...that would steal whatever money you had in your wallet as soon as you turned your head.

IIRC, she also told this story to RM and JG. Why would a girl tell something like this to only her boyfriends? What is the motive or psychology there? She never told girlfriends? She never told male friends like RyanP, or SeanD?
Did she tell earlier boyfriends this (was ChrisS earlier?), or did this story start after Caylee was born?

It really doesn't matter to me whether she was abused or not; she murdered her 2-year-old daughter. Abuse is not an excuse.

If she did get hit, IMO, that was attempted "discipline", not abuse. We can see how well it all worked. I know, I know, some are thinking well, if she hadn't been hit, maybe she wouldn't have done anything to Caylee that may have caused the situation she's in now. I don't believe that for one second. She was what we call in our family, a "spoiled brat". She still is. No wonder her father had a hard time getting himself together the last time he was on the stand. She's outrageous and even this malarky is not going to work for her at trial!!!!

Exactly! I've known kids who came from an extremely abusive family, and they were very aware of every move they made and every word that they spoke. They towed the line, so to speak. They NEVER had fights with screaming matches with their abusers, or stole from them, or told them "here's your effing gas cans". If this is how the DT plays it, they will lose. We also have to remember that these stories of abuse came from KC, and we all know how reliable her stories are. jmo :innocent:

this was the defense's depo. The other was for the state.

This was released by the defense team? If so, are they trying to show their cards ahead of time trying to garner sympathy with the public before jury selection? Possible they figure this is their best chance? After the 48 hour debacle, it wouldn't be that far fetched.

I don't believe it but let's give her the benefit of the doubt for a second and my response is still:

and?

I don't care if she was abused - it doesn't excuse her murdering her baby girl.

IIRC, she also told this story to RM and JG. Why would a girl tell something like this to only her boyfriends? What is the motive or psychology there? She never told girlfriends? She never told male friends like RyanP, or SeanD?
Did she tell earlier boyfriends this (was ChrisS earlier?), or did this story start after Caylee was born?

Perhaps looking for her Knight in Shining Armour to come and rescue her? Damsal in distress ploy. She was looking for someone else to take care of her. Her parentals were too demanding what with them expecting her to work and take care of her daughter. Sheesh! I mean, she had parties to go to and people to steal from. She couldn't be bothered with those things!

OOOH...good point. I think the molestation/abuse/miscarriage (imo) lies...only work on those she was trying to be with. And since it appears ICA is interested in males...why bother with telling her "stories" to females? I would imagine it was to (a) indebt them to her in her way (b) explain away any bizarre behavior on her part (c) get sympathy from some strong strapping male figure who might, after hearing her story...feel compelled to rid her of GA...the ex-cop who didn't believe her lies about working for the Sports Authority, the one who left the family home in part, because of the problems with ICA (imo it was because Cindy would never punish her for ICA's part in the A's financial ruin)...

ICA was just trying to garner sympathy from any male. "I was beaten...I was molested...yada yada yada..."

JMO, but I think she would have been happy if any of her male hookups had taken matters into their own hands and taken GA out. Doubt she would have felt a thing. GA was in her way. JMO.

I don't believe it but let's give her the benefit of the doubt for a second and my response is still:

and?

I don't care if she was abused - it doesn't excuse her murdering her baby girl.

ITA! And, the DT better be verrrrry careful if they play this card at trial because the may have a juror in the box who has experienced true abuse and come through it to be a strong adult and that person may be very offended by the DT antics.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back