Suicide Pact: Minnesota Teens Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz Commit Suicide at Sl

Daisyjane

"All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're ov
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suicide-pact-minnesota-eighth-graders-haylee-fentress-paige/story?id=13411751

A slumber party in Minnesota ended in tragedy when two eighth grade girls fulfilled a suicide pact, killing themselves and leaving behind suicide notes telling their families that they loved them.

The bodies of best friends Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz, both 14, were discovered Saturday by Fentress' mother, Tracy Morrison.

Haylee's aunt, Robin Settle, said the girl had recently moved to the rural town of Lynd, Minn., and had complained to her family that she felt ostracized and bullied. Settle also said there are indications that the girls had planned their deaths for a long time, even including funeral details in a good-bye note.

Full article at above link

So tragic. Prayers for both families. :(

I was bullied as a kid for being overweight. All through middle and high school. However, I had my close group of friends. I never ever ever thought that suicide was an option. What has happened since the 80's? I just don't understand. Maybe it was the songs we listened to:

People are people,
So why should it be?,
You and I should get along so awfully,
People are people,
So why should it be?,
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colors,
And we're different creeds,
And different people,
Have different needs,
It's obvious you hate me,
Though I've done nothing wrong,
I've never even met you,
So what could I have done?,

I can't understand,
What makes a man,
Hate another man,
Help me understand,
People are people,
So why should it be?,
You and I should get along so awfull
y

Prayers for the girls family.

This really breaks my heart. Prayers to both families. Both girls were so beautiful.

Dr. Drew and JVM both mention this tragedy on their facebook pages so they probably will be discussing it on their shows.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back