Teen fakes pregnancy to teach peers a lesson

Man, her bf's parents thought it was the truth! I would be rather livid if I were them.

It sounds like she may have done it partly for herself. She wants to go to school to work with troubled teens. How to see for yourself what a pregnant teen goes through other than to experience it yourself? I would rather see her do this than to actually get pregnant.

I don't think it was fair that her mother knew, but the boyfriend's parents didn't. But after her presentation I do think it is possible that some of the other girls in her class might see what she went through, and might try harder to keep from becoming pregnant.

Would I let my teen do this? I really don't know.

The biggest problem I have with this is that the boyfriend's parents didn't know. I'm sure they came to love that unborn baby...only to find out that it never existed. How do you mourn the loss of something that was never there? To them, that baby was REAL.

After reading the second article, it makes a lot more sense. Pretty amazing, if you ask me. As Whyaduck said, if I was the boyfriend's parents, I would be mad!! Not that she's not really pg but because they were lied to for so long! I know that if that were my son, I would have been devastated. To have had to deal with all of those emotions for six months and then find out it was a lie..... ooooh, not good!

6 months this girl lied and her boyfriend lied to his parents, even going so far as to tell them it was a boy...
It's cruel!

I wish she would have just told the boyfriend's parents and have them be in on the "secret". She could still do her experiment and see how her classmates reacted to her being pregnant.

My high school would've never let someone do that experiment because it would mean no gym class for them for the entire year, and that would be a big NO NO.

I wonder if it was the boy's idea not to tell his parents or if it was the girl's idea as part of the experiment?

It is interesting that a teen girl was able to fake the pregnancy with his parents. I mean after all, there are things about pregnancy that a teen wouldn't be expected to know, but an experienced mother would.

I wonder if it was the boy's idea not to tell his parents or if it was the girl's idea as part of the experiment?

It is interesting that a teen girl was able to fake the pregnancy with his parents. I mean after all, there are things about pregnancy that a teen wouldn't be expected to know, but an experienced mother would.

"...who enlisted two mentors from Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital's Childbirth Education Program to help her with the project."

"...who enlisted two mentors from Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital's Childbirth Education Program to help her with the project."

I wonder how many people were involved in this emotional manipulation pulled on the boy's parents. This went on for SIX MONTHS! :eek:

While I was teaching high school, it was really emotional for me, dealing with pregnant teens. They weren't even my family! I cringe to think of the stress these two were put through, as an experiment.

I really feel for these people. Who does this to someone? This girl, the boy, and the many adults were fully aware of what they were doing. Inexcusable! IMO

That's quite the social experiment. Brave girl.

What exactly was the purpose of this experiment?
Frankly there are enough pregnant teenagers as it is, without one having to fake it. So I really fail to understand what was it all about.

Personally, if I were her friend, I'd wonder wtf she was thinking and probably cut her out of my life. In no way did the ends justify the means here! It is completely known that pregnant teens will face what she did...it's been going on for some time now...you know, like the 50s stereotypical birth houses far away. :p She lied and played on people's emotions for 6 months, not a week or two! I think shes a psycho and enjoyed it. It's not like this was for national security!!! As always, MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like others, I have an issue with the boyfriend's parents not knowing. Six months was enough time for them to go through the shock, anger and disappointment stages and possibly develope feelings for the baby. I would be angry. If the boyfriend's parents had known the truth, I wouldn't have any issues with it. It was an experiment, an odd one, and hopefully someone learned something from it. I absolutely do not condone teenage pregnancy but it happens and when young girls are truly in that situation, ridicule and being shunned by peers has to be traumatic.

Wow, I must be OLD. When I was in high school, 1966-70, getting pregnant was considered 'ruining your life'. You were kicked out of school, sometimes kicked out by your parents. And the worst rumor anyone could start about a girl was that she was PREGNANT. And now it is being toyed with as an experiment?

:waitasec:

...and the second phase of her experiment is to record the implications of lying?

Personally, if I were her friend, I'd wonder wtf she was thinking and probably cut her out of my life. In no way did the ends justify the means here! It is completely known that pregnant teens will face what she did...it's been going on for some time now...you know, like the 50s stereotypical birth houses far away. :p She lied and played on people's emotions for 6 months, not a week or two! I think shes a psycho and enjoyed it. It's not like this was for national security!!!

I don't know why many of you are having issues with this. She's not psychotic, or anything like that. It was just an experiment, & that's all that there is.

At the same time, her boyfriend's parents must be happy that she really isn't pregnant at all, considering that they want their son to have a bright future after high school or college. Finish that first, & then think about having a child.

I give thanks to mysteriew & southcitymom for not bashing her about it.

I don't know why many of you are having issues with this. She's not psychotic, or anything like that. It was just an experiment, & that's all that there is.

At the same time, her boyfriend's parents must be happy that she really isn't pregnant at all, considering that they want their son to have a bright future after high school or college. Finish that first, & then think about having a child.

I give thanks to mysteriew & southcitymom for not bashing her about it.

I'm not bashing her, but I think she will find some trust issues that will have to be overcome. Her experiment does not yield a singular result-- perhaps she overlooked (or ignored)the ramifications of lying in her planning. jmo

eta: BTW, she was the only one in an experiment, everyone else was in real life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back