Tornado causes injuries at St. Louis airport

Dark Knight

Reaction score
ST. LOUIS – Authorities say at least five people have been treated for minor injuries after an apparent tornado ripped through Lambert Field in St. Louis.

The storm lifted a roof off the terminal and sent plate glass flying everywhere. Airport spokesman Jeff Lea says four people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, and another person was treated at the scene.

Lea said the airport was shut down Friday night and planes were diverted to other locations.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110423/ap_on_re_us/us_missouri_storms

This is local for me. Some houses have been FLATTENED, a church collapsed during their Good Friday Service, and the rubble looks like in Japan or Katrina. My brother is a 911 dispatcher, and it was a hot time in the old call center last night.

Prayers for everyone in the area...I have a dear friend who travels through STL on a regular/weekly basis...he's all right, thank God. But still. It's pretty bad out there.

Best-
Herding Cats

This is local for me. Some houses have been FLATTENED, a church collapsed during their Good Friday Service, and the rubble looks like in Japan or Katrina. My brother is a 911 dispatcher, and it was a hot time in the old call center last night.

Are the church members OK?

Are the church members OK?

Yes, it's quite amazing. Despite all the destruction from the whole storm system, we're told there are no deaths. There's been story after story on TV all day, of large buildings destroyed, elderly folks riding the storm out in their recliners, conversion vans flipped over on their sides, but just a handful of minor injuries.
Next up, large scale flooding, as we are expecting more storms and heavy rain every day for the next week.

Yes, it's quite amazing. Despite all the destruction from the whole storm system, we're told there are no deaths. There's been story after story on TV all day, of large buildings destroyed, elderly folks riding the storm out in their recliners, conversion vans flipped over on their sides, but just a handful of minor injuries.
Next up, large scale flooding, as we are expecting more storms and heavy rain every day for the next week.

Wow, praise the Lord there were no casualties despite the direct hits!

Great Video of the St. Louis Tornado after it hit Alton Illinois.

[video=youtube;PnyGNA_rZwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnyGNA_rZwo[/video]

Screen capture of a lightning bolt lighting up the tornado from the 38 second mark.

vlcsnap-2011-04-23-13h33m40s190.png

We have a boy in St. Louis that has gone missing when he was due home at the height of the storm. Please look at the Missing forums for Myles Aaron Russell and let's help bring this boy home.

We have a boy in St. Louis that has gone missing when he was due home at the height of the storm. Please look at the Missing forums for Myles Aaron Russell and let's help bring this boy home.

Praying for his return, in Jesus' Name, amen!

His case has been pulled from the forum for review. Stella, I see that you are local, too. Where did you learn of this missing boy? My brother is a St. Louis County 911 dispatcher, and he has not heard of this at work or on the news. I've been a bit out of the loop due to other concerns, so am not current on local news.

Here is some rather dramatic footage of the tornado hitting the airport:

[video=youtube;dQYp3RXkvLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQYp3RXkvLw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I grew up just 5 minutes north of here. All I can say is, thank goodness no one was killed in this storm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back