GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Police in New Hampshire are searching for a woman whose vehicle was found running with a baby inside on Saturday morning.

Conway police responded to a report made around 6:30 a.m. about an unattended vehicle in the parking lot of the Cranmore Mountain recreational facility in North Conway, a release from the police department said. The caller said the vehicle was running with signals on and an infant inside and no adult in the area.

An ambulance took the child to Memorial Hospital for evaluation, police said. The child was in good condition and had been turned over to family members.

Conway police, North Conway Fire and Rescue as well as other law enforcement agencies searched the area. The registered owner of the vehicle and mother was Krista Dittmeyer, 20, of Portland, Maine, police said.

She has ties to Bridgton and Portland, as well as a connection to Conway.

Lt. Chris Perley of the Conway Police Department said Dittmeyer stands 5 feet, 2 inches, 117 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She is not married.

The baby was female and under 2 years old, he said.

Snipped from: http://www.wmtw.com/r/27648528/detail.html

Someone was very careful to make sure that the child was noticed quickly. Usually they hide the vehicle, but this person leaves it running and with flashers on.

Who might want harm to come to the mother, but not the child?

Article with a couple more details: http://www.wmtw.com/news/27648528/detail.html

This is so mysterious.

And the gap of time from last contact (8 pm Fri) to vehicle discovery (6:30 am Sat) is very disturbing. Could a parked vehicle engine run that long? Wonder how long the car had been there. Car wouldn't have been running if she'd pulled over because she ran out of gas.

Hope there are prints on the car somewhere.

Someone was very careful to make sure that the child was noticed quickly. Usually they hide the vehicle, but this person leaves it running and with flashers on.

Who might want harm to come to the mother, but not the child?

The child's family. Father, grandparents, aunts, uncles....

Or, someone who has some sort of heart and just can't bring themselves to hurt or kill the child.

My husband accidently left our car running overnight so yes it can. It actually uses very little gas. I was suprised.

It is very likely that she abandoned the child. She's a very young single mother. She could have been overwhelmed. Though I do not discount foul play. MOO

Of course my first question is who and where is the father of the baby ? They left the car running with flashers on ? To keep the baby warm and found asap. Whomever did this sure showed concern for the welfare of the child, emotional connection somehow.
I do not believe if this was a stranger they would have went to this trouble for the child they would have wanted no attention drawn to the fact this gal is missing.
I suppose it is possible mom could have just split. I havent read much about her as an individual yet.

Picture of where her car was found along with the article..... hmmm, did she step out to pee? Very odd spot....

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=12b36d76-cb32-40df-ac01-fc27326d0556

423missing.jpg

Were the doors locked? Could she have gotten out for some reason-- check a tire or smoke a ciggy, and locked herself out?

Yeah, and they searched for one day (or about 5 hrs.) to see if her body was in the area.

It'd been nice if they had dogs that were able to work to see if Krista was actually the one who drove or was a passenger in that car. If she wasn't, then the dog(s) would indicate she was not there ... if she was, then the dog(s) would trail away from the vehicle and follow where she went.

My first thought was that she ran off with someone and left the baby, intentionally making it so the baby would be seen... but seriously? I mean, there's better ways to do that. The baby is "under two years old"? That must mean that she's very close to two, because otherwise wouldn't you say- 1, or 18 months or 6 months? I can't imagine leaving my almost two year old daughter (which I happen to have sitting right next to me) anywhere at all ever, not if my car was having trouble, not if I had to pee, nothing.

I know this is out there- but what if someone intentionally bumped cars with her, she pulls over, stops the car, turns flashers on, then gets out to see the damage and talk to the person who ran into her, and then is abducted?

Sigh. It seems like a completely weird place for her to have happened to be driving in the first place?

I found some of her family members on Facebook- one of them is saying Krista was having trouble with "someone scaring her".

Also, there's a photo of Krista here: http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=12b36d76-cb32-40df-ac01-fc27326d0556

Interesting. If it was known who this person was then this person's scent could be checked around where the vehicle was too. Wouldn't THAT be interesting to do (again, if the person was known). Of course you need to find out where Krista was even there first.

Article with a couple more details: http://www.wmtw.com/news/27648528/detail.html

This is so mysterious.

And the gap of time from last contact (8 pm Fri) to vehicle discovery (6:30 am Sat) is very disturbing. Could a parked vehicle engine run that long? Wonder how long the car had been there. Car wouldn't have been running if she'd pulled over because she ran out of gas.

Hope there are prints on the car somewhere.

IMHO, the gap from last contact to vehicle discovery doesn't seem odd. There are many, many nights/days when I don't make contact with anyone else for that amount of time or longer. Once my kids are in bed, I usually spend time relaxing and don't make a lot of phone calls (if any). She may have talked to someone before putting her daughter to bed and then headed to bed early herself. There are so many more facts that we need!

The snow could be a blessing in this case. Depending on when it fell, it could tighten up the timeline. I'm wondering if any footprints were found in the snow. If so, they might indicate one or more people, size of individual (s), if there was a struggle, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82