GUILTY Cambodia - Dr. James D'Agostino for child molestation, 2011

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
How many more Doctors are we going to see hurting children?

Dr. D'Agostino here went to help out the kids in Cambodia. He also lived with a man and his children. Someone tipped off authorities and the one child told police and teachers he was being sexually abused.

Doc's in lockup in Cambodia.

Rest of details at link, but what really struck me was the comment from an RN at the bottom of the page. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Does having a big heart and contributing lots of money to those in need exempt you if you are a pedophile?

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/04/post_417/978/comments-3.html

Brave little guy. Obviously, to many people it does matter. I'm finding that the majority of folks are willing to let a certain level of criminal behavior slide (after all these weren't children here in the states, now were they?) if a man has performed lots of service for his community. He builds up his reputation and in many ways, starts to believe it himself. Isn't he entitled to a little fun? After all look at his good works.

Right? NOT!!! I'm starting to be very leery of inordinately "big hearted" people.

Ugh. He could have bribed boys with treats and money to have sex with him. Thanks for putting up this thread, Filly.

Sure seems like there's an epidemic of pedophilia among doctors recently. Or is it just that the media is writing more about it?

My personal feeling is that powerful men have always indulged their prurient lusts without much fear of being punished or publicly shamed. I believe that the media and the internet has made that harder and harder to achieve. Blogs, forums, posts......have a way of lingering.

And we can all read about "Dr. D's Escape to Adventure". He has a blog:

http://drdescapetoadventure.blogspot.com/

Sure a lot of lovely little boys on that site. Appropriate photos but just sayin'. Interesting that he gives the ages of many of the children.

:sick::anguish:Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to reach in that one picture and *&%* his lousey %*&.

"Most people wanted me to sit in the shade while they did the hard work. I'M NOT A SITTER". Noooooooooo you're a pedophile who is injecting yourself into the project so you can be around little kids who are just thrilled to have a dang road to walk on.

This to me is right up there with any kind of spiritual teacher assaulting children. This is a third world country where these babes and their parents are so thankful for any little act of kindness.

If he's guilty I want him locked up forever in a prison there. Make him shovel gravel for life.

And we can all read about "Dr. D's Escape to Adventure". He has a blog:

http://drdescapetoadventure.blogspot.com/

Sure a lot of lovely little boys on that site. Appropriate photos but just sayin'. Interesting that he gives the ages of many of the children.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:Dear Lord he's taking kids to water parks and swimming in man made waterfalls with them. Oh and he just happens upon a child that makes him stop while he's riding his bike because the child is fascinated with him? These are little kids.

God forgive me, but beware of do gooders. This makes me embarassed to be an American.

This link of your same blog Izzy shows allllllllllllllllllllllll these kids. Beautiful children that this man undoubtedly hurt. Probably rationalizes it as he's helping them. Creeper.

Oh real good of him to get the kids uniforms so they could jump right into them. Uniforms. This is how poor these kids are that uniforms are a big deal and they get an accused pedophile handing them out.

http://drdescapetoadventure.blogspo...-max=2010-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50

I'm not sure what to make of that comment, Filly. I think a person is speaking in their second language and they might be referring to Cambodia "catching the disease" of child prostitution from their neighbor, Thailand. It's hard to understand.

And what did this man's employer back in Syracuse have to say about months and years spent in Asia? Where did the funds come from? Any family stateside? And just try to tell me that the younger children were not in terrible risk.

Note that I never "thank" posts which call for violence. I thanked your post, however, as I feel that shoveling gravel for muddy roads in Cambodia for the rest of his life is a swell idea. He wants to help after all....

I have so much respect for countries that are doing their level best to hit the ground running and to make a dent in the crimes committed against their children. It's an uphill battle. How I'd like to know if other doctor friends went over for short visits.

Something tells me that Dr. D'Agostino's adventure is just beginning. FWIW, the man does not look healthy:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/manlius_doctor_sentenced_to_fo.html

Manlius doctor sentenced to four years in Cambodian prison on child sex charges
November 4, 2011

"A Manlius doctor has been sentenced by a Cambodian court to four years in prison on charges of sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy, according to The Associated Press. Dr. James D’Agostino, a former pediatric emergency doctor at Upstate Medical University, was found guilty Friday of paying for sexual services from a minor, said Judge Suos Sam Ath of Phnom Penh Municipal Court. D’Agostino paid tuition for the boy who stayed in his home...."

and

"....Cambodia used to be known as a place where Western tourists could easily buy sex with children. But pressure from activists in Cambodia and other countries prompted the government to start a crackdown in 2003, resulting in an increase in arrests and prosecutions. Action Pour Les Enfants, a non-governmental child protection organization that combats child sexual exploitation in Cambodia, began investigating D’Agostino in January 2010. Under an agreement with the Cambodian government, APLE investigates and gathers evidence in cases of suspected child sex abuse, then turns that information over to the police. An APLE official said his organization became suspicious after learning D’Agostino was living with a 24-year-old man and three boys in his rental home...."

More at link

And some interesting info about Cambodian prisons:

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/pris-cambodia.html

Doesn't sound like much fun. I also have to wonder about the younger little boys that D'Agostino was known to hang out with.

Dr. D'Agostino certainly does not look like a healthy man. The photo of him in the link above depicts a gaunt and frail looking man. In his blog, he looked healthy and vibrant. How I hope those young boys were not infected with HIV.

Dr. D'Agostino certainly does not look like a healthy man. The photo of him in the link above depicts a gaunt and frail looking man. In his blog, he looked healthy and vibrant. How I hope those young boys were not infected with HIV.

He's going to look alot worse doing four years in a Cambodian prison. Bummer.

Just wondering what kind of services are available to the poor young boy he molested.

I wonder if he will be alive in 4 years. Poor kids....so glad the 14 yo was brave enough to come forward. These guys always leave many silent victims.

November 2012:

State officials reviewing the case of a Manlius doctor imprisoned in Cambodia on charges of sexually abusing a teenage boy have raised doubts about the validity of his conviction...

Because of the criminal conviction in Cambodia, D'Agostino was automatically charged with professional misconduct in New York by a division of the state Health Department that investigates complaints against doctors and takes disciplinary action against them...

The committee said the transcript shows D'Agostino's alleged victims testified they were coerced by police and teachers to provide false testimony about the doctor. It also said the prosecution sought to withdraw the charges because of insufficient evidence.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/upstate_hospital_doctor_servin.html

January 2014:

Tempers flared today as a judge held a third meeting to figure out whether a former Syracuse emergency room doctor convicted of child sex abuse in Cambodia should be a registered sex offender here.

State Supreme Court Justice John Brunetti has talked about the complexity of the case, given there's no guarantee that James D'Agostino was given due process overseas. The conviction, the judge said, appeared not based on a trial, but on police statements.

D'Agostino, who had been mostly silent until today, erupted in court over what he felt was a wrongful conviction based on those police reports...

The judge has not said if he believes the police reports. The question, in his mind, is whether or not an overseas conviction based on police reports -- not a trial -- can qualify D'Agostino to be a New York State sex offender...

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....se_in_cambodia_youre_treating_me_like_im.html

April 2014:

After three months and a half-dozen court appearances, James D'Agostino, of Manlius, convinced the judge enough problems existed with his Cambodian conviction that it should not be recognized by New York state.

Justice John Brunetti ruled that what happened in the Cambodian court could not have happened in a New York court. Therefore, his conviction should not be used as reason to consider him a sex offender under state law...

The words from one of the alleged victims in court was especially striking. The boy says he lied to police about the abuse, according to excerpts in the judge's decision.

"I never had sex with Jame (sic)," the boy testified. "One day, the police called me for questioning and yelled at me, forcing me to say that Jame had sex with me... They told me if I did not say that I had done this, I would be put in jail. I was frightened at the time... My earlier statements to police were not true."

The transcript was translated from the Cambodian language by Interpol, the international police body.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....judge_questions_asi.html#incart_story_package

August 2015:

State Supreme Court Justice John Brunetti decided against putting D'Agostino in the registry, noting concerns about due process in the overseas court. For instance, the victim recanted his allegations and D'Agostino was convicted using a police officer's account.

But an appeals court ruled last month that D'Agostino was eligible for the sex offender registry. The five-judge court decided that the Cambodian court had properly ruled that D'Agostino had bribed the victim to change his story. A witness also testified she saw D'Agostino touching the victim's private parts in a pool.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...ffender_after_asian_child_sex_conviction.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back